rowdzilla

San Diego riding FRIDAY the 1st.

So looking to do a fairly local ride this thursday the 28th. Corral Canyon area is my first choice but not really interested in north county stuff at this time...

Who's down for sticking it to the man? Let's ride!

EDIT> Now looking at a Friday ride out at Corral or Lark instead...

I'm interested. Not 100% sure I'm off work yet, but should be. I've never been out there and look forward to riding it mid week when it's hopefully not too crowded and busy. I'll keep you advised as it gets closer. Have a great week!

well i have either thursday or friday free, but not both. so if one or the other is better let me know. =)

so yeah, anytime cal300capt in there, let me know.

Yes, Friday sounds good. I've never ridden any of the areas you mention, so I'm game for whatever you like.

FYI, I'll be riding down from San Marcos. Tell me a time and place to meet and we'll go from there. Hopefully some others will join in too! :rolleyes:

ok, i'll ride out then as well. hahha. sometimes im a wuss and i truck my bike to the riding spots....

i am off the 15 and friars, so should be easy to meet. i will pm you the details.

let's wait till the morning traffic dies down, even though i think we'll be opposite the commute.....

well i think a good introduction is the "ring road" that goes all the way around corral canyon. a nice mix of fireroads, rocks, climbing and such. i'm a dirt newbie and i do it. hahaha.

but we HAVE to stop and take a picture or two of me jumping. have to. hahaha. no one believes i can.

i live near sdsu and it takes me about 45 minutes to drone on the freeway to the riding spot. you can google it but if your familiar with where the border patrol checkpoint is on 8 east right after sunrise highway then you're close to where we are going. i'll have to stop for gas in pine valley both ways.

OK, let's meet at 0900 at the chevron gas station at waring road and orcutt ave. (san diego 92120)

OK, let's meet at 0900 at the chevron gas station at waring road and orcutt ave. (san diego 92120)

This is 5mn from where I live, if I can get my schedule to line up I might join.

ok all you lurkers. hahaha. here ya go.

we are trying to all meet up at the gas stations at the tavern road exit at 0930 on friday. from there we will ride to 4 corners in corral canyon ohv. then we will go down to the campgroudn and do the loop around the permiter of the park, down into the 4wd club stuff then up to corte madera and then up to the access road for the lookout and then back down to 4 corners.

so if you wanna just jump in by surprise, then be at the gas station off the 8/tavern road exit at 0930 on friday.

ok all you lurkers. hahaha. here ya go.

we are trying to all meet up at the gas stations at the tavern road exit at 0930 on friday. from there we will ride to 4 corners in corral canyon ohv. then we will go down to the campgroudn and do the loop around the permiter of the park, down into the 4wd club stuff then up to corte madera and then up to the access road for the lookout and then back down to 4 corners.

so if you wanna just jump in by surprise, then be at the gas station off the 8/tavern road exit at 0930 on friday.

I won't be going, so have a safe good time. But I do have a question for you. Are you slabbing it on a CRF250L? If so, whoa! That's more freeway than I'd want to do on the little guy. Shoot, I don't even want to slab it with my TE450. So I give you kudos for riding the lil' 250L out to your ride location via the freeway.

ok, i'll ride out then as well. hahha. sometimes im a wuss and i truck my bike to the riding spots....

i am off the 15 and friars, so should be easy to meet. i will pm you the details.

let's wait till the morning traffic dies down, even though i think we'll be opposite the commute.....

well i think a good introduction is the "ring road" that goes all the way around corral canyon. a nice mix of fireroads, rocks, climbing and such. i'm a dirt newbie and i do it. hahaha.

but we HAVE to stop and take a picture or two of me jumping. have to. hahaha. no one believes i can.

i live near sdsu and it takes me about 45 minutes to drone on the freeway to the riding spot. you can google it but if your familiar with where the border patrol checkpoint is on 8 east right after sunrise highway then you're close to where we are going. i'll have to stop for gas in pine valley both ways.

Don't feel like you HAVE to slab it out there if you'd rather truck it. I don't have any other way to get there, so I MUST slab it. Let's just make sure we meet up and have FUN!

I'm out, I took the last few days off to start a remodeling project and am further behind than I anticipated...sorry guys!

Guest Crusty

Trying to find a way out of working!

I will drive and ride my CRF 230Fcoolio.gif

I plan to be at the Circle K in Alpine (Tavern Road Exit) by 0900 and would like to fuel in Pine Valley as we go east. Rowdzilla was planning to meet me there at 0930, but I'll get there by 0900 and have something to eat at the Carl's Jr across the street.

There is a new breakfast place tucked in the corner east of Carls Jr in the same parking lot, also Stephs donuts is in that same complex but thats bad for you. Remember KLXBen and I work real close to Corral Cyn if you need help.

Have fun riding.

There is a new breakfast place tucked in the corner east of Carls Jr in the same parking lot, also Stephs donuts is in that same complex but thats bad for you. Remember KLXBen and I work real close to Corral Cyn if you need help.

Have fun riding.

Thanks for the food tip and for being there if we need you!

You all are gonna have a blast out there! I rode just about everything she had to offer today and the conditions were prime.

Rangers were out marking and maintaining the trails so a lot of the punchy whoops were knocked down a little and the ruts from the past rain were filled in.

Kernan 1, 2, 6, are about as good as I've seen them.

GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm freaking out man)

Have fun

it was a good ride. everything was perfect. even the person, not me, who crashed like 5 times.... hahaha. where is the video of that?

i also learned i need to redo my plate bracket. enough jumps and wheelies on my poorly suspended bike and it got totally sucked under.

thanks to those who could make it!

Yes, it was a good day and I had a blast! I crashed twice more after you left, bent my handle bars dang good! I'll try to post the pics soon.

Think I should change my handle to "Crash"

Edited by CL300CAPT