Sneeker

North County Ride - Friday 2/1

Ride Start: Vista - 1pm

Meeting Place: Lowes Parking Lot, under big sign in the back of the lot. 151 Vista Village Dr

33.195074 -117.247006

Google Maps: Lowes

Plated Bikes. 40ish miles total, about 10 miles of slab each way from start point. 2 or so hours involved.

Intermediate Skills: Hills, chunky jeep tracks, some ruts, some rocks. Can be a workout. Not really big bike friendly. Dry dirt is slick, damp is perfect, should be some of both since the rain.

Bring wheel wrenches and a tube/flat repair for your moto.

Don't forget water, thirsty work.

A good time every time! Great views! Come on out and join the fun!

Our Destination

See you there.

Man this is exactly what I need, a local ride, close to home! Too dang bad I'll be flying that day and unable to attend. Seems I'm never able to get out and ride my bike. I'm considering selling it.

I'm a possible. I'll advise if it turns into a go.

Excellent!

RobATK & Spank are in, Oracle a maybe.

Anyone else? Let us know so we're sure to wait if ur planning to attend.

Shaping up to be a perfect ride day tomorrow!

Excellent!

RobATK & Spank are in, Oracle a maybe.

Anyone else? Let us know so we're sure to wait if ur planning to attend.

Shaping up to be a perfect ride day tomorrow!

Count me in! I live literally 1.5 miles down the road from this meet up spot!! Im done with my 2nd job at 12 noon and am planning on meeting you guys there by 12:50pm... Please wait for me if Im not there at exactly 1pm although I should be there early!!! ~Josh

im gonna have to back out of this ride. pregnant wife is home sick. catch you guys on the next one.

Fun ride guys! Nice meeting you all.

Likewise Charlie. I had a great time! Nice to meet Josh and John too. Well done guys! It was a WORKOUT.

Next time I'll bring a camera so we have something to show for it.

-David

Sorry I missed it. I have Friday's off but forgot my kids didn't have school yesterday so I had to be Dadddy daycare. Next time I hope!

Yes, a WORKOUT it was indeed! Except for those huge "DRZ magnet" ruts on that hill climb, it was great. I need to go back and conquer those. Thanks for all the help guys. Josh for the Poweraid and Sneeker for finding my camera! I have a few pics I'll try to post soon.

Yes, a WORKOUT it was indeed! Except for those huge "DRZ magnet" ruts on that hill climb, it was great. I need to go back and conquer those. Thanks for all the help guys. Josh for the Poweraid and Sneeker for finding my camera! I have a few pics I'll try to post soon.

No Worries! Yes & we'll have to go back and dominate those hills!! I went back the other night for some night riding & totally ripped through that 1st mini hill climb we all did with no problem, 2nd gear going about 15-20mph! lots of fun until I got a flat tire on the way home... luckily I was <6 miles from home and o main roads... out of commission for a few days... Lets plan for a ride, next week, between 2/10 - 2/16

That ride was a blast! Great meeting and riding with you guys.

After that ride and the previous day's 80 miles out in Anza-Borrego I was thrashed.

I'm setting up my GoPro this week so next time we'll have some video.

I'm hoping to hook up with George (aka Suspenders) this week to work on setting up my suspension properly. I've had my bike for almost a year and still don't feel 100% comfortable or in control on it. At least not like I used to feel on previous bikes years ago. I suppose it could be I've lost my skills from being away so long, but lots of guys have suggested getting the suspension set up better for my heavy weight etc... Hopefully it'll help, we'll see. I know I'm really tired of crashing so often, that's a fact jack!

How come the pics never look as nasty as the real thing? LOL :blush:/>/>

Because the dirt at that place is EVIL-slick, ball bearings and makes the terrain harder than it looks. Pictures never do trail difficulty justice.

We'll have to give it a go again soon!

Those are some serious ruts. Missed you at the club meeting charlie. I'll have to join you on this ride the next time, curious to see it for myself.

Ruts! I hate ruts! The old saying "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" comes to mind. I just need to get over ruts and learn to deal with them I suppose. Aaron and Chris, come on out. I'm sure Sneeker would be willing to lead us again. I know where the place is, but not my way around it. I'd like to ride those places Chris rides on Pendelton sometime. Yep, sorry I missed the meeting, heard it was a good time.

For real. Pictures make it look like a cake walk, no depth in em' or telling how steep it may be... Since this ride, I've gone back 4x for a total of about 12 hrs of riding. The place isn't really THAT big and most trails loop around to the "main" trail. I get good cell phone service (Cricket) and its easy to follow trails on google earth. I'm starting a thread for this Tuesday 2/12 to ride as I just got my tire fixed! turned out I ran over a nail somewhere in these mtn's while riding at night last Saturday... yeah I went on a solo night run at around 9pm ^_^ I also got a Contour Roam camera that im gonna be bringing along next ride!!!!!!

Josh, you're pretty hard core for sure. When I was a little kid and first started riding, you couldn't get me off my bike all day. Not now!