Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Mcain 01/12/13

I was a bit apprehensive about what the trail conditions were going to be like when I drove past Alpine and saw a bit of snow right there along the freeway. I don't think that I have ever seen snow at Alpine before. I guess a little snow flurry snuck in during the night, but luckily most of the snow fell south of the I-8, and there was only a dusting at Lark Canyon. It was still pretty darned crisp out there. My hands were hurting as we started out on the trail, but soon warmed up for the remainder of the ride. KLXben, his son Brad, MCtrails and his son Ryan joined me for about 35 miles of excellent traction mixed with a bit of snow. It was a great day, no mishaps and all was right with the world. Although I had a camera with me, I just failed to take any pictures this time around. At least the camera made it home, though. :party:

That was a really fun ride Mimi and quite a workout to boot. You are an excellent rider and a pleasure to chase all over hells half acre. thanks for posting up and being a good tour guide-ess.

Lets hit it again soon.

BTW---Manzanita Diner has a killer burger and fries.

That was a really fun ride Mimi and quite a workout to boot. You are an excellent rider and a pleasure to chase all over hells half acre. thanks for posting up and being a good tour guide-ess.

Lets hit it again soon.

BTW---Manzanita Diner has a killer burger and fries.

You know me....I'm always up for a ride out at McCain. :cowboy:

Great ride, as always, Mimi. Thanks for posting up the ride and getting us out there. Was a perfect day for riding the trails at McCain. Lots of moisture in the soil made for great traction and no dust. I managed to click off a few photos so here ya go:

100_3776_zps76771660.jpg

100_3777_zps500c6083.jpg

100_3778_zps2af7e288.jpg

100_3779_zpsf5522f22.jpg

Great ride, as always, Mimi. Thanks for posting up the ride and getting us out there. Was a perfect day for riding the trails at McCain. Lots of moisture in the soil made for great traction and no dust. I managed to click off a few photos

Always an adventure out there. Thanks for joining in....and taking some pictures! :party:

went on fri and just got back (sun) yes cold but conditions are the best they get . glad y'all had a good one

went on fri and just got back (sun) yes cold but conditions are the best they get . glad y'all had a good one

Always fun with a small, well balanced group! ;)