Bubbagums

Aging

I'm very fortunate to bepretty healthy but I do work at it somewhat....no time for the gym but I try to hike/run a few times a week, eat healthy, whole foods, no soda, very little refined sugar or processed food.....push ups every day....

My biggest health ailment is having moderate to sever carpal tunnel syndrome, sometimes both arms....I use to be numb from the shoulders down....would wake me up at night....

BUT I chose to seek ACUPUNCTURE instead of surgery.....went twice/month at first, within a few visits CURED.... :D/>...I still go once/month to maintain....works wonders on just about everything......

Also Boosts your overall wellness and immunity, emotional and physical health, balances hormones and such, (if any of your wives suffer with that, acupuncture works wonders).

I'm not a "new age" type person, and I believe in all the wonders of modern medicine...... but I can only say, this has cured me almost totally.....after big riding trips I go for an extra visit, as riding can make the numbness flare up a bit...I may have to opt for surgery someday, but for a few years now, this works....I'm a huge fan....

I have a great acupuncturist in poway if anyone wants a recommendation...

About two years I started wearing knee braces just incase, no knee problems to start with. Now I have knee pain and don't know why. Any connection? The braces are good and fit well.

There could be different reasons i.e., diet, body weight, lack of stretching (the entire leg area, as well as your butt and back), lack of exercise (proper knee strengthening), age, degenerative issues or Osteoarthritis, wrong braces for you (even though they seem to "fit well"), a combination of everything or something different altogether. There really isn't anything specific any of us can tell you, other than try new things diet and exercise and/or see someone who knows the body e.g., Doctor, physical therapist, acupuncturist, massage therapist, etc.

P.S. motos are terrible for knees. Unless of course it's on a cruiser or bike that takes all stress off the knees, then you're set for life. But I ride sport bikes and dirties and that has done them in.

I agree ,I should start eating ice cream again (love the ice cream) and put that 30 pounds back on <_<

^^^^

As we all know, ice cream makes the booboos better. For my knees I have found not crashing to be a huge knee saver. :wacko:/>/>/>

Stretching my ITband, hamstring and arse seem to help a lot with the knees and more. And I mean regular deep stretching along with muscle strengthening or maintaining. If you've never had a deep massage on the outer part of your thigh (ITBand), I'll tell ya there is some pain to be endured both during the massage and a few days after. But it really does do the job in putting some slack back in to that tight rubber band.

OK I saw this stuff in my mom's frig yesterday and then a Dr. type told me about this old cure today so it seems to fit with this thread, soak raisins in gin, take a spoon morning and night(or 10 raisins) in a spoon with the gin.

Sure fire cure for arthiritis.

No I did not make this up.