Afry

12/29 holiday DS ride....brrrrr

Pics later....had a great turn out, 17 riders, mostly big bikes but it went from 250-1200. Great to see old and new friends, farthest from OC. Good mix of newbies and experienced riders to balance things out. I think some got some experience in the sand that will help them later. Had a lunch stop visitor on Rodriguez Trail by a BLM Ranger that was surprised to see us all and was a good friendly guy. Weather was nippy but good till it got misty in Julian so we sort of split up with some going home and others stopped by Cheers in Ramona for a parting splash. Great time!!

Fun ride! I had never been through that area. Thanks to Arnie for organizing and thanks to Jeff for picking up my bag o tools -- which dropped off in the trail -- and to Jeff again for giving me a bungee to tie it back down. We had about 5 bikes go down. No damage or injuries. Just slow, soft sand wash outs. Later... beers at Cheers in Ramona, yeah! We stayed just long enough to allow the full blown storm to roll in. One of these guys took about 100 photos. Coming soon?

Home in Tierrasanta. Warm PJs, UGG boots, fire in the place, Arrogant Bastard in the frosted mug! :good:

While not on this ride, I'll second the brrrrrrrrr....... It was cold coming in from Warner Springs, thru Santa Ysabel to Ramona. I beat the rain, though.

Sounds like a great ride. Can't wait for the pics.

Thanks for putting this together Arnie!! Culp/Jasper was a blast and will be adding that to my loops instead of just heading up grapevine. Rodriguez Canyon TT is also a much better option than Oriflamme for most rides. No baby head rock section or steep loose dirt with large rock section like Oriflamme.

Just a few...

Fletcher's BMTrouble You broke down before we left!! Loose oil drain plug was all it was - I know he uses dealer service....

2013-01-06+09.01.47.jpg

Packards

2013-01-06+09.09.03.jpg

Top of Black Canyon

2013-01-06+09.54.58.jpg

Hmmmm.....

2013-01-06+09.58.11.jpg

Beginning of Culp

2013-01-06+10.45.14.jpg

That's all I got....

Albeit a chilly (and later rainy) day this was a super fun ride - definitely will be hitting up Grapevine a lot more in the coming months. Good times seemed to be had by all - thanks for planning and running the show Arnie. Snapped off a few random pics...

Pre-ride briefing from the rider in charge

post-15077-033791800 1356989590_thumb.jp

Pitstops

post-15077-029449800 1356989612_thumb.jp

post-15077-047535500 1356989621_thumb.jp

Top of Oriflamme?

post-15077-097674300 1356989639_thumb.jp

post-15077-086379300 1356989647_thumb.jp

Thanks to Arnie for organizing and thanks to Jeff for picking up my bag o tools -- which dropped off in the trail -- and to Jeff again for giving me a bungee to tie it back down.

You dropped your tools again!? :-D

How did I miss this :wacko: I was looking for an easy local ride on the GSAdv.

Thanks to Arnie for organizing and thanks to Jeff for picking up my bag o tools -- which dropped off in the trail -- and to Jeff again for giving me a bungee to tie it back down.

You dropped your tools again!? :-D

I dropped my bike. The tools went with it! :rolleyes:

Arnie, thanks for putting this ride together, and again, thanks all for re-righting the Tigger-it kept trying to take naps.