Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crusty

She is home! found a pristine CRF 230F

Guest Crusty

She is like new with Pro Taper bars and a foam Twin Stage air filter/\.

Let the fine tuning begin.

This will be my single track and rock bike, for now.

This is not it, but close.

IMG_0631Small.jpg

My daughter and I have had some great times/rides with my plated CRF230F.....great little bikes

IMG_0271.jpg

Great all around ride, not to mention low maintenance and very dependable, just remember to empty the float-bowl if you do not ride it for awhile, i am sure you already know that.

Guest Crusty

After doing this ride http://dualsport-sd....on-a-girl-bike/

I looked at all the specs on the small bikes, and found this one to buy!

My daughter Justine will be sharing this bike with me so she can ride with her mother

I just finished the power up mods and am in to her for $1,610.05

My goal is to have a KTM eating bike for less than $2,000heh.gif

GreendayCRF230F001.jpg

GreendayCRF230F003.jpg

GreendayCRF230F005.jpg

GreendayCRF230F006.jpg

GreendayCRF230F007.jpg

Guest Crusty

Parts showed up today.coolio.gif

Ready to rock, for $1,880.10 Including tax and registration fees.

GreendayCRF230F014.jpg

GreendayCRF230F015.jpg

Guest Crusty

Good deal. good.gif

Thank's Mimi

Cant wait till Sunday to ride.

Glad you had a nice day at McCain Valley, that place is so much fun.

Craig.

Guest Crusty

Did my fourth ride this Saturday 1-5 -13 at McCain valley on this bike in two weeks and am loving it.coolio.gif

Wish I could buy and set up a few more of these great bikes for my friends to ride.

I rode with Terri on a 450KTM. and Cris on a 525 KTM. they were joking me in the morning

about my bike but not at the end of the day.dance2.gifdance2.gif

Guest Crusty

100% TRUE

(QUOTE)

I ended up with the CRF230 because it was just sitting in my garage... I bought it for one of my teenagers to learn on, and due to major injury... he's not able to ride for the foreseable future.

So I took it riding with some friends. I have owned and ridden many motocross bikes, and have been racing offroad bikes and trials comptetition for ages. My only other current offroad bikes are a substantially modded klx250, which I have because it was plated... cheap insurance dualsport bike. It's got fully done suspension and a big bore kit, but it's a full sized bike.. and it's somewhat heavy and underpowered.... and a 2 stroke motorcrosser.

For tight, technical trails... this bike absolutely shines... and with a good rider, can really make $10,000 woods bikes look like a waste of money.

It requires the jetting modifications, a skidpan, bar risers... AND proper suspension. In stock form, the bike is rubbish. But putting $1500-$2000 into the bike really transforms is.

It pulls at low rpms just absolutely insanely... and due to it's lack of sheer power, but adequate torque... where other bikes are spinning tires or requiring substantial clutch modulation to keep traction... the bike operates like a "Billy Goat" if you will.

In our local riding area, there is a section of trail quite narrow that opens up into two large rock steps... with a bike length or so in between them, and not much run up.

KTM 300's are flying all over the place, being smashed to ----... while this thing tractors up the first rock... and with wide open throttle and dumping it in second gear, just pops up and over the second like a joke. It's laughable actually.

The sky is the limit with this bike if you put the money where it's needed.

And the beauty is, you can mod it up... it still looks stock.. and folks on far better machines (in their mind) just scratch their heads. I've already convinced one guy to buy one... after having ridden mine... and that is without my rear shock installed yet.

You will likely need upgraded springs for your weight... you will definately need bar risers... but it can, and will work for you very well.

The smaller stature and lower ground clearance means a low COG, it's easy to manipulate... the forks give it an incredibly tight turning radius... and it's a 5 minute, $5 oil change... on a motor that could probably go 50,000 miles... not a few hundred hours and need a service.

In the right hands, it's a wolf in sheeps clothes. The young bucks who think horesepower is the key for trail riding, are really deluded... providing the trails are tight and technical.