Leoffensive

2007 klx250

i saw they had a 2007 klx250s at fun bike center for 3300 bucks.

im thinkin about getting this as my first bike if it doesn't sell by the time i save up about a 1000 bucks for a down payment(latest probably mid jan). it has 3640 miles and looks pretty much all stock.

ive gone down and looked at it and it looks to be in really good condition.

heres a link to the CL add they posted

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcd/3362377452.html

what are your thoughts?

if this sells ill probably buy the new honda crf250l since it sounds like a great beginners bike.

im thinkin about getting this as my first bike if it doesn't sell by the time i save up about a 1000 bucks for a down payment(latest probably mid jan). it has 3640 miles and looks pretty much all stock.

what are your thoughts?

if this sells ill probably buy the new honda crf250l since it sounds like a great beginners bike.

finance it, then take it to George for springs... good first bike, and somebody else already did all the depreciation!

what are your thoughts?

finance it, then take it to George for springs... good first bike, and somebody else already did all the depreciation!

haha ok

if it sells i also stumbled on this drz400 just a few moments ago

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcd/3383946126.html

The biggest things for you will be to identify your true budget and possible bike choices. If financing you said you want to save up $1000 as a down payment. Unfortunately most of the bikes you see on CL will be long gone by the time you get that down payment but its always fun to look! Shops will always mark up bikes (over a comparable bike from a private party seller) but if you want the financing, you'll have to get it from a shop.

You may outgrow that KLX250s but it depends on how aggressive you want to ride. Its not the most powerful 250 but it does have a low seat height. The DRZ has been in production for 12 years now, there are parts galore and if you're patient, deals pop up. Good luck on the search!

The biggest things for you will be to identify your true budget and possible bike choices. If financing you said you want to save up $1000 as a down payment. Unfortunately most of the bikes you see on CL will be long gone by the time you get that down payment but its always fun to look! Shops will always mark up bikes (over a comparable bike from a private party seller) but if you want the financing, you'll have to get it from a shop.

You may outgrow that KLX250s but it depends on how aggressive you want to ride. Its not the most powerful 250 but it does have a low seat height. The DRZ has been in production for 12 years now, there are parts galore and if you're patient, deals pop up. Good luck on the search!

i definitely wanna finance the bike cause im trying to build my credit since i dont have any. first loan i got was earlier this year when my mother cosigned so that id be able to get the truck i have now.

its funny how everytime im lookin at bikes i always come back to lookin at drz's. they seem to be the best bang for the buck all around dual sport bike. i like the little 250's a lot even though a lot of people always seem to bash them for various reasons(usually that they are too heavy and that they will explode if you take em on the freeway)

but it always seems the drz is the control being right in the middle.

Done and done... So you will be getting a drz...

Welcome to the club...

Welcome to the club...

Two BIG issues with the DRZ as far as I'm concerned: its no featherweight, and a 5 speed transmission means you have to pick final gearing based on what you want to do, and it'll always be a compromise

Carb vs EFI is not as big a deal to me, but worth mentioning

As for outgrowing a 250...I bought a TW200 for my wife, but then she got pregnant (NO idea how that happened!) And decided not to ride

So I played around on that thing, even with years under my belt, and I still had a blast. I couldn't keep up with everybody, but I still had a ton o fun, and isn't that what its really about?

Welcome to the club...

Two BIG issues with the DRZ as far as I'm concerned: its no featherweight, and a 5 speed transmission means you have to pick final gearing based on what you want to do, and it'll always be a compromise

Carb vs EFI is not as big a deal to me, but worth mentioning

As for outgrowing a 250...I bought a TW200 for my wife, but then she got pregnant (NO idea how that happened!) And decided not to ride

So I played around on that thing, even with years under my belt, and I still had a blast. I couldn't keep up with everybody, but I still had a ton o fun, and isn't that what its really about?

yes its what its about as far as i am concerned. im not looking to go fast. i really like that yellow drz on that CL add. if the klx sell and thats still around i may go with that one

I have a '07 KLX. Stock gearing is 14/42. I put 13/45 up in the mountains and didn't have a problem. Loaded down with gear, I was probably close to 250# s myself. That being said, the motor is very very tame, and like most small displacement bikes, it's all about rpm's and momentum for the big stuff. With 13/45, you are highway limited to an indicated 60mph, as its pushing 7000 rpm's at that point.

3300 seems high to me. OTD, my high side would be 3300, but I'd still shoot for lower. Private party sales I'd expect more like 2400-2700 for the bike.

I have a '07 KLX. Stock gearing is 14/42. I put 13/45 up in the mountains and didn't have a problem. Loaded down with gear, I was probably close to 250# s myself. That being said, the motor is very very tame, and like most small displacement bikes, it's all about rpm's and momentum for the big stuff. With 13/45, you are highway limited to an indicated 60mph, as its pushing 7000 rpm's at that point.

3300 seems high to me. OTD, my high side would be 3300, but I'd still shoot for lower. Private party sales I'd expect more like 2400-2700 for the bike.

well im trying to finance to also help kick start my credit. that and i just wanna get riding as quickly as possible. ive been waiting to long for a bike.

well im trying to finance to also help kick start my credit. that and i just wanna get riding as quickly as possible. ive been waiting to long for a bike.

Understandable. But you can still negotiate for a lower price, or a deal for something like a helmet.

unsure.gif

Is credit hard to get if you can show income and lack of other payments?

Drzsm for sale on Socal Supermoto hilarious claims :-)

FOR SALE. Buy the bike you crashed! - Never down. - Oil changed every 50 miles. If I went for a 100 mile ride I always brought spare oil, filter, drain pan. - All parts replaced with oem directly from the factory. I flew to japan and bought parts for 4x the price from factory manager Akihiko. Chokichi was always trying to sell me parts but he's only worked there like 12 years. Unacceptable. - Bike kept in a hermetically sealed anti gravity chamber. You can buy a bike that has been subjected to gravity during storage AT YOUR OWN RISK. - Protected from bad mojo. My neighbor gave it the stink eye once, so I had my wife say he tried to grab her ass so that I could get a restraining order against him. - I had multiple sham-wow's sewn into the inseam and seat of my riding pants to avoid scraches to the bike from abrasive materials. - No one has been allowed to touch this bike, except young german virgin boys. - All stock. Aftermarket parts, like dinosaur bones, have been put here by the devil to lead us astray. - Oil developed by ukrainian nuclear scientists to guarantee maximum viscosity. Or minimum viscoscity. Whichever is the good one. - Willing to trade ONLY for pre 65 cushman trike scooter in similar condition or original issue Louvin brother records. $3500 Brian 619.224.six six 8 6

http://sandiego.crai...3362377452.html

what are your thoughts?

I was bored and wanted to see what KLX250s threads there were on here and this is quite hilarious! hahaha... you wanna know why? because I bought THIS 2007 KLX250s from them (FBC) on Black Friday!!! what are the chances?, right?? LOL x 1,00000... I wound up talking them down to $3,350 out the door after all dealer fees and taxes (fargmeister's charge a $400 dealer fee! I considered it a finance fee for not putting anything down but its still a BS charge!), a new front tire, oil change, & a 2 year Kawasaki warranty that covers just about everything, literally, except seals and cables, just about everything... without putting a single penny down and I'm not paying any interest on it until August 2014! It was this or the 2013 CRF250L as I've always owned Hondas before moving to CA... anyway, I've gone just over 2,000 miles since then and have already gone through a rear tire ^_^/>/>/> bikes been great with NO problems!! lets go riding sometime!!

post-15145-064327100 1363858115_thumb.jp