xr650lnoob

Going to Lark on Sunday 18th

My friend and I are going to be at Lark around 7:30 - 8.

Planning on riding until noon.

He will be on a blue/yellow Husky and i'll be testing my new te 449.

Hope to see some of you.

husky_449_copy.jpg

will be on my freshened up TE310 with the crew. we must all be aware of others. enjoy the ride, be safe out there. Also good to know there r more Huskys on the trail.

? where did the 449 come from? Looks like she has some trick bits/parts installed.

Bought it from a guy in LA.

I tested the 310 too and that thing is fun!

Slut, hope you can make it.

Me and the trail whale should be there... Robert... hope to see you too... before we run in to each other

Oh and uh, not that it needs to be said, but yes lets not run in to each other. I'm already recovering from a dirty dumping in July, so I don't need anymore pain/healing delays. :heh:

No really, please don't run in to me. Aim for the jumping cholla. Watch out

:torch: :torch: :torch:

I was thinking about heading out there around noon. Going to a ceremony in the morning but want to do some riding.

Oh and uh, not that it needs to be said, but yes lets not run in to each other. I'm already recovering from a dirty dumping in July, so I don't need anymore pain/healing delays. :heh:

Afro picks are the best tool for that job to keep rolling, followed up by needle nosed pliers and tweezers at the camp or pit area.

1kstep

This is starting to look like a Husky demo ride day. I count 4 of them and all different years or CCs.

Afro picks are the best tool for that job to keep rolling, followed up by needle nosed pliers and tweezers at the camp or pit area.

It's always the same reaction...profanity and pain. Look near the end, lucky for having a helmet on or that would have been HURT TIME.

Warning...a lot of profanity...but this guy, oh boy in his FACE.

Congrats on the bike!

Probably 80lbs less from your old xr.

I'm a maybe for Sunday.

Thanks man! Yeah, it is def lighter than the xr and i'm loving it.

Hope you can make it!

Congrats on the bike!

I'm a maybe for Sunday.

Hey A, looking at ktm-licious' post made me think, have you really looked at the numbers to compare (not that you really can compare) your two steeds? Visually it's obvious there is a difference and as you know that is confirmed when you ride them, but here are some numbers.

Oh and it's time to update you SIG showing the new ride.

'03 XR650L--------'11 TE449

324lb dry-----------249lbs dry 75lbs difference

644-----------------449.6 CC

8.3:1---------------12.0:1 compression ratio

100mm X 82mm--------98 x 59.6mm Bore and Stroke

57.3----------------58.66 in Wheel Base

37in----------------37.91in Seat height

Engine

Honda - Single-cylinder, dry sump, four stroke - air cooled

Husky - Single cylinder four stoke, 4-valve Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC), double rad w/fan

Front Suspension

Honda - 43mm cartridge fork with compression damping adjustability; 295mm travel

Husky - Kayaba 48mm open cartridge fork featuring 11.81 inches of front wheel travel. Upside down telescopic fork features compression and rebound adjustment.

Rear Suspension

Honda - Pro-Link single shock with spring preload, compression and rebound damping adjustability; 280mm travel

Husky - Kayaba single shock with remote reservoir, adjustable spring preload, compression (high and low speed) and rebound damping. Shock delivers 11.81 inches of travel

Fuel system

Honda - Carb. Single, 42.5mm diaphragm type, CV

Husky - E.F.I. Keihin D46

Transmission

Honda - Close ratio, 5-speed

Husky - 6-speed

Gas tank

Honda - Crotch location, whatever your DS tank holds, stock 2.3 Imp. gal.

Husky - under seat location, 2.51gal

Brakes

Honda -

Front: Single disc with twin piston caliper

Rear: Single disc with single piston caliper

Husky -

Front: Brembo 260mm wave rotor, dual-piston floating caliper; Hydraulic actuation.

Rear: Brembo 240mm wave rotor, single piston floating caliper; Hydraulic actuation.

I wouldn't classify the XR's transmission as a close ratio 5 speed as the jump from 1st to 2nd was pretty wide and it seemed happy on the freeway at 70mph. I would call the Husqvarna's a close ratio 6 speed though. Nonetheless it's still a long list of wins for the Swedish Italian German with a Taiwanese built engine.

:lol:

Maybe I should bring the other Husky to McCain on Sunday.

Engine: Endurance Series V-Twin

Net power at preset rpm 12.6 kW @ 3000 rpm

Power 20 hp

Cylinder displacement 656 cc

Fuel tank volume 3.2 gal.

Speed forward, min-max 0-5.59 mph

Speed reverse, min-max 0-5.59 mph

SHOOT AND WE CANNOT FORGET THE CUTTING OPTIONS

Uncut circle[1] 11.8 inch

Cutting width, Min-Max 41-48 inch

Optional cutting decks Combi 103, Combi 112, Side discharge 48

Cutting height, min-max (approximate) 1 - 3 inch

Cutting height steps 10 pcs

Blade engagement Automatic

:crazy::blink:<_<:rolleyes:

post-15129-048855300 1353108382_thumb.pn

Congrats on the bike!

I'm a maybe for Sunday.

Wow! I just guessed on those numbers, pretty close

Hey A, looking at ktm-licious' post made me think, have you really looked at the numbers to compare (not that you really can compare) your two steeds? Visually it's obvious there is a difference and as you know that is confirmed when you ride them, but here are some numbers.

Oh and it's time to update you SIG showing the new ride.

'03 XR650L--------'11 TE449

324lb dry-----------249lbs dry 75lbs difference

644-----------------449.6 CC

8.3:1---------------12.0:1 compression ratio

100mm X 82mm--------98 x 59.6mm Bore and Stroke

57.3----------------58.66 in Wheel Base

37in----------------37.91in Seat height

Engine

Honda - Single-cylinder, dry sump, four stroke - air cooled

Husky - Single cylinder four stoke, 4-valve Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC), double rad w/fan

Front Suspension

Honda - 43mm cartridge fork with compression damping adjustability; 295mm travel

Husky - Kayaba 48mm open cartridge fork featuring 11.81 inches of front wheel travel. Upside down telescopic fork features compression and rebound adjustment.

Rear Suspension

Honda - Pro-Link single shock with spring preload, compression and rebound damping adjustability; 280mm travel

Husky - Kayaba single shock with remote reservoir, adjustable spring preload, compression (high and low speed) and rebound damping. Shock delivers 11.81 inches of travel

Fuel system

Honda - Carb. Single, 42.5mm diaphragm type, CV

Husky - E.F.I. Keihin D46

Transmission

Honda - Close ratio, 5-speed

Husky - 6-speed

Gas tank

Honda - Crotch location, whatever your DS tank holds, stock 2.3 Imp. gal.

Husky - under seat location, 2.51gal

Brakes

Honda -

Front: Single disc with twin piston caliper

Rear: Single disc with single piston caliper

Husky -

Front: Brembo 260mm wave rotor, dual-piston floating caliper; Hydraulic actuation.

Rear: Brembo 240mm wave rotor, single piston floating caliper; Hydraulic actuation.

TERRIBLE singletrack machine :lol:

What do you mean? It can do bladed roads, dual track, single track, whatever. It just mows itself a path over the existing nonsense. Awesome all-terrain abilities.

I wouldn't classify the XR's transmission as a close ratio 5 speed as the jump from 1st to 2nd was pretty wide and it seemed happy on the freeway at 70mph. I would call the Husqvarna's a close ratio 6 speed though. Nonetheless it's still a long list of wins for the Swedish Italian German with a Taiwanese built engine.

:lol:

I agree about the XRL gap between 1st and 2nd... SILLY place to put such a large gap on a dual sport bike

What do you mean? It can do bladed roads, dual track, single track, whatever. It just mows itself a path over the existing nonsense. Awesome all-terrain abilities.

Once it turns MY singletrack into IT'S Fire Road, you'll no longer be invited... anywhere... :heh:

Just so we're clear... I'm not on a Husky for this ride; I'm still welcome, right?

Once it turns MY singletrack into IT'S Fire Road, you'll no longer be invited... anywhere... :heh:

Just so we're clear... I'm not on a Husky for this ride; I'm still welcome, right?

Alright then, no lawn mower....THIS TIME! And since I won't have the Husky mower I guess you can have something other than a Husky. Of course this is xr650lnoob ride posting so he does have final say.

Actually, he doesn't as his bike is being hitched out to McCain with my truck. Bikeslut, you're in!!!! And everyone else of course.. :good:

You can show up on your bicycle for all i care and still probably ride better than most of us :)

Quick question, does one need the adventure pass to park at Lark? I know it is required at Corral Canyon but wasn't sure about Lark.

You can show up on your bicycle for all i care and still probably ride better than most of us :)

Quick question, does one need the adventure pass to park at Lark? I know it is required at Corral Canyon but wasn't sure about Lark.

A, that's a Cleveland Nat'l forest placed fee, we're going to a BLM area and that means... no parking fee. I love BLMs.

I am out...

I will be posting up for a different location.

Have fun out there...