dirt dame

Five years with the TE 450

Five years, four sets of replacement tires, 18 oil changes, 9 oil filter changes, 9,000 miles, 400 hours, one valve adjust. Turned out to be a very good trail bike investment. :party:

IMG_1015.jpg

Everytime I come through there I imagine getting closelined/capped by that leaning tree up ahead.

Husky TEs are bullet proof especially those twin cam 450/510 series bikes.

Everytime I come through there I imagine getting closelined/capped by that leaning tree up ahead.

me too

and those Huskys are sure nice looking bikes

Great looking bike and good timing - I'm looking an 09 510 - what year is yours? What is your fuel range?

Great looking bike and good timing - I'm looking an 09 510 - what year is yours? What is your fuel range?

I have the 2007 model. This was the last year for the 41 mm Keihen carburetor. In 2008, the fuel injected models came on the market. The gas tank holds 2.5 gallons of gas and I can get about 100/110 miles before hitting reserve on a good day on easy trail and blacktop. A day in the desert with deep sand can cause the mileage to drop dramatically, 72 miles at reserve. The fuel injected models have part of their fuel tank capacity taken up by the fuel pump, so they probably have a shorter range.

I have the 2007 model. This was the last year for the 41 mm Keihen carburetor. In 2008, the fuel injected models came on the market. The gas tank holds 2.5 gallons of gas and I can get about 100/110 miles before hitting reserve on a good day on easy trail and blacktop. A day in the desert with deep sand can cause the mileage to drop dramatically, 72 miles at reserve. The fuel injected models have part of their fuel tank capacity taken up by the fuel pump, so they probably have a shorter range.

I've got a 2008 TE450. About 60 miles on the stock tank and the fuel light comes on. I don't know how long I can go after that, at least not yet. You'll be wanting an aftermarket tank.

I've got a 2008 TE450. About 60 miles on the stock tank and the fuel light comes on. I don't know how long I can go after that, at least not yet. You'll be wanting an aftermarket tank.

Tom, the sad news is that you already have the larger IMS 3 gal tank. You should be able to get around a hundred miles of easy trail riding with it. My 510 averages around 80 miles with the IMS tank.

The first day I took out my new 08 Husky TE510 with the stock tank, I think the light came on at 36 miles, and by the time I hit 55 miles, I could only go as fast as I could push it. Everything was very tight when new and it does better on range now.

Just bought it - 09 TE510 with 74 miles on her!

Tom, the sad news is that you already have the larger IMS 3 gal tank. You should be able to get around a hundred miles of easy trail riding with it. My 510 averages around 80 miles with the IMS tank.

The first day I took out my new 08 Husky TE510 with the stock tank, I think the light came on at 36 miles, and by the time I hit 55 miles, I could only go as fast as I could push it. Everything was very tight when new and it does better on range now.

I have the stock tank on it for supermoto mode. I'm hopeful that it will go about 100 miles with the IMS tank.

Anyway, I hope everyone with a Husky can experience the same good fortune as Mimi. They sure are beautiful bikes.