PastaPilot

'Fifi' is Back in the Air

'FIFI' The only flying B-29 in the world is once again working the airshow circuit.

The video is the first of a series of test flights after reworking an engine mount problem and rebuilding all 4 radial engines.

Good to see the old girl back in the air.

'FIFI' The only flying B-29 in the world is once again working the airshow circuit.

The video is the first of a series of test flights after reworking an engine mount problem and rebuilding all 4 radial engines.

Good to see the old girl back in the air.

I was telling P1 about this while we were at Boeing Field a few weeks back. For those of you who have not been there, Boeing in restoring another to flight condition and when we were there is was sitting directly across from the entrance of the Seattle Air and Space Museum.

An old bud of mine from FlexJet is a co-pilot on FiFi and has been busy flying her whenever he can!

That is very cool. My Grandpa flew B-29 in the war. He used to tell me all sorts of storys about how they would get shot to pieces, full a bullet holes, but always made it back. Awesome aircraft!

A friend of mine owns and flies a Fairey Firefly. It is one of a few privately owned and currently flying in the world. Well it was flying until the landing gear decided to take a dump recently.

Wow, the Firefly is amazing airplane! He's a lucky man. I was out at Palomar airport today and there's a beautiful P-51 there, stop by JetSource to see it. Sorry the link I posted didn't work with the FiFi pictures.