dsfox

3rd Annual Coon Cabin Adventure

A group of us are heading to Big Bear for the 3rd Annual Coon Cabin Adventure for Labor Day Weekend..

I've hosted this event for 3 years now. We don't stay IN the cabin, but it's an historic site, 8000' elev in the nice cool mountains...

we tent, trailer, etc and split the cost of the group camp & group dinners.

Unfortunately, only 10 vehicles allowed limits the camping which always fills up with usual riding friends before posting.

BUT, DAY RIDERS WELCOME

if anyone wants to head up there, stay elsewhere or just join a DAY RIDE we are there Friday- Monday

Ready to ride about 9 am usually...

BIKE CAMPERS?

FEW CAMP SPACES OPEN if you can RIDE IN, Bike Camp.... and cook your own food.....(For those reserved, dinners set already)

SEND A PM OR CALL ME IF INTERESTED (info in members only) or show up for a day... :rolleyes:

PC310045.jpg

P9100008.jpg

PC310029.jpg

PC300012.jpg

Sounds like a great weekend...

Anyone have a ham radio they could loan me for this ride?

I have the set up... But my radio was stolen a few months ago...

I will pack for that... I also packed extra cold weather gear for the night...

I will pack for that... I also packed extra cold weather gear for the night...

I forget what year it was, but I absolutely froze my ass off up there. I couldn't stay the 2nd night it was too damn cold. Capt Cham even loaned me an extra sleepin bag that I opened up and covered myself with on top of all the other stuff and STILL froze.

Yes, the first trip in 2010 was COOOOOLLLLLDDDDD at night......... I'm guessing it was under 30 at night.....last year was nice and warm....but we did get rain on monday...............This weekend temps suppose to be 70's days, 40's nights...not bad.....see everyone up there...

......possible isolated thunderstorms in the mountains as usual this weekend. .(got use to that in colorado)

I forget what year it was, but I absolutely froze my ass off up there. I couldn't stay the 2nd night it was too damn cold. Capt Cham even loaned me an extra sleepin bag that I opened up and covered myself with on top of all the other stuff and STILL froze.

I thought that was why people camped.

I thought that was why people camped.

I guess this is ALSO why SOME people...search diligently for the right camper/trailer.....lol.....:lol:

P1000768.jpg

A group of us are heading to Big Bear for the 3rd Annual Coon Cabin Adventure for Labor Day Weekend..

I've hosted this event for 3 years now. We don't stay IN the cabin, but it's an historic site, 8000' elev in the nice cool mountains...

we tent, trailer, etc and split the cost of the group camp & group dinners.

Unfortunately, only 10 vehicles allowed limits the camping which always fills up with usual riding friends before posting.

BUT, DAY RIDERS WELCOME

if anyone wants to head up there, stay elsewhere or just join a DAY RIDE we are there Friday- Monday

Ready to ride about 9 am usually...

BIKE CAMPERS?

FEW CAMP SPACES OPEN if you can RIDE IN, Bike Camp.... and cook your own food.....(For those reserved, dinners set already)

SEND A PM OR CALL ME IF INTERESTED (info in members only) or show up for a day... :rolleyes:

Sounds so amazing! would love to do this sometime...WARP9

PC310045.jpg

P9100008.jpg

PC310029.jpg

PC300012.jpg