New Start time: Saturday 7-7-07 8:00 AM

PM's sent to everyone who said they were interested.

See the first post in this thread for a list of who's still going.

8 is fine for me

MEEE TOOO

PS, What are we going to do with the sheep when we find them :ph34r:

PS, What are we going to do with the sheep when we find them :D

Invite them to join us at carguy's for lunch :ph34r::D I know he's got a backhoe, so digging a pit BBQ sohould take about 5 minutes :D

I should be in too :D

8 is fine for me

MEEE TOOO

PS, What are we going to do with the sheep when we find them :ph34r:

Myself and Ex-Qb are out, something came up this weekend with the wives.

now that Schwinn is out, who else is starting at Carguys to get to Valeros, anybody? :ph34r: I was going to start there and head over.

...something came up this weekend with the wives.

Suuurrrre it did :D Anything to get out of payin' me that $60 bucks, :ph34r: huh?

We're gonna miss you... well maybe not you, but the girls and EX-QB for sure! :D

See ya on the next one buddy! :D

Are people starting at Carguys or Valeros ? how do I get there? :ph34r:

I also want to make sure that I don't hold anyone up in that heat, so if this ride is over my head let me know because you might be baking while wating for me, makeing YOU the BBQ. And that would suck.

Are people starting at Carguys or Valeros ? how do I get there? :ph34r:

I am going straight to the Valero Gas Station at Carrizo Gorge Rd & Interstate 8.

To get to the Valero from Campo:

1. Go East on CAMPO RD / CA-94 ---------------- 14.1 miles

2. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto OLD HWY 80 ------- 9.7 miles

3. Turn LEFT onto CARRIZO GORGE RD ----------- 2.5 miles

4. End at Carrizo Gorge Rd & I 8

I also want to make sure that I don't hold anyone up in that heat, so if this ride is over my head let me know because you might be baking while wating for me, makeing YOU the BBQ. And that would suck.

The north branch of this road is the only one I've been on. It's a little more difficult than Thing Valley Road, but there are steep drop offs in some places. It's rocky and there are some small (8 inch or so) steps in some places. Your bike will be bouncing as the wheels go over the rocks. Don't worry about slowing down the group. I don't think anyone's going to be riding really fast.

If you have the enthusiasm to give it a try, I'm happy to have you along.

Given the early start time and the new meeting spot further East, I am going to bow out of this ride and say see ya at Camp Carguy.

I have a late night on Friday and morning will come too early for me to meet the group in Jucumba.

Cheers,

Jon

NoShift and Dirt Dame - I just PM'ed you guys. I plan on riding down from north county that morning and dropping gear at Carguy's around 7 or 7:15 before heading out to the ride. If you guys want to meet up somewhere and ride down together, let me know.

Suuurrrre it did :o Anything to get out of payin' me that $60 bucks, :unsure: huh?

We're gonna miss you... well maybe not you, but the girls and EX-QB for sure! :D

See ya on the next one buddy! ;)

DEAR RIDE ORANGE: Just had lunch with joilet and gave him $60.00 bucks to give to you at the party.try not to spend it all in one place. :P:lol:

Suuurrrre it did :D Anything to get out of payin' me that $60 bucks, :unsure: huh?

We're gonna miss you... well maybe not you, but the girls and EX-QB for sure! :P

See ya on the next one buddy! :o

DEAR RIDE ORANGE: Just had lunch with joilet and gave him $60.00 bucks to give to you at the party.try not to spend it all in one place. :P:lol:

Who is this "Schwinn" guy :P and whats this about money? ;) I guess there will be lots of people to remind me now. :P Ken

DEAR RIDE ORANGE: Just had lunch with joilet and gave him $60.00 bucks to give to you at the party.try not to spend it all in one place. :P;)

Who is this "Schwinn" guy :P and whats this about money? :o I guess there will be lots of people to remind me now. :P Ken

He's probably THE MOST philanthropic member of this club :D Once a month or so, he picks a fellow member upon whom he bestows a little, shall we say, gift! :P I have no idea of his selection process, I'm just glad to be the recipient for this period :unsure: . I WOULD recommend to those that would like to be "in the running", that you ride an orange bike, smile a lot, and tell him constantly that you think he is the "Wheelie King" :lol:

Ah... GOOD... I was missing the ethnocentric posts... Hammer to the white courtesy phone

Yes very hot . . . Bring lotsa water/gatoraid for sure!

Second, Jacumba to Mountain Springs and back isn't that long of a ride. It's about 10 to 15 miles round trip and I think it'll take about an hour including stops for photos and admiring the scenery. If we start at 9:00 and make the round trip in an hour, it'll be BBQ start time for anyone who wants to bail and go straight to Carguy's.

So it sounds like your only doing the old stage road over to the freeway by Mountain Springs starting at the Valero?

For an extra photo op I know an old road that leads into the nudist campgrounds from the back. I might still be able to find it.

Is it to late to join in at 8:00 am? I'm thinking of taking the truck to Valero and start the ride from there if I can get some help loading my bike back into the truck after the ride.

So it sounds like your only doing the old stage road over to the freeway by Mountain Springs starting at the Valero?

For an extra photo op I know an old road that leads into the nudist campgrounds from the back. I might still be able to find it.

Is it to late to join in at 8:00 am? I'm thinking of taking the truck to Valero and start the ride from there if I can get some help loading my bike back into the truck after the ride.

No it isn't too late. After riding to Mountain Springs and back I was going to explore the roads behind the nudist camp if I still have enough water and if anyone else wants to keep riding.

No problem helping load the bike back into the truck.

Ah... GOOD... I was missing the ethnocentric posts... Hammer to the white courtesy phone

Please don't be encouraging that.

quote]

No it isn't too late. After riding to Mountain Springs and back I was going to explore the roads behind the nudist camp if I still have enough water and if anyone else wants to keep riding.

No problem helping load the bike back into the truck.

Thanks. See you there.

See you guys at valerro by 8am. Already have the bike in the truck ready to roll. should be a fun mellow ride. :unsure:

I don't know where I'm going or who I'm meeting, but I'm planning on following the directions a few posts up and meeting somewhere at 8am... alternately, if someone wants to PM an address in El Cajon or wherever the SD take off point will be, I'll meet there...either way, we shall see the pig indeed :unsure: I live in Mission Valley, so El Cajon's just a wee bit down the road. Anyone got an address for the Valero?

Anyone got an address for the Valero?

I-8 to Jacumba exit, Carrizo Gorge Rd.