KTMrad

Sunday Ride July 15th from Ramona

A new guy Kris from Britain joined the site and he's only here a few weeks each year. He's here now, so I'm planning a ride with him out of Ramona on Sunday.

8:00am Meet at Packard's 680 Main Street. Ramona, California 92065

(the original Packard's on the east side of town).

Ready to ride by 8:30am

Take Black Canyon dirt (or I guess it's Santa Ysabel TT on the north side of the canyon) out of Ramona to Mesa Grande, then 79 north to Warner Springs, take the dirt to Anza, then pavement back to Aguanga, then Palomar Divide dirt back to Warner Springs, then maybe stop at the Hideout. Then towards Julian, Engineer Rd. to Cedar Creek to Boulder Creek to Descanso, then Pine Valley, up Pine Creek to Deer Park, then Sunrise Hwy. to Julian, then back down to Santa Ysabel, Mesa Grande to Black Canyon back to Ramona.

This will be an all day ride suitable for all Adventure/dualsport bikes, a bunch of pavement mixed in. Please be experienced, prepared, self-sufficient, carry water, tubes and necessary tools. Knobby tires are highly recommended. The pace is going to be on the fast side since it's a long day of riding !

As always, please ride within your limits and don't try to keep up with other fast riders, ride within your comfort zone. We'll assign a sweep rider and/or break up into groups as necessary, depending on the number of riders. People can branch off and head home whenever they want.

I will lead the ride with Kris...we're both on KTM 950/990 Adventure Bikes.

I also would like to keep the group on the smaller side with experienced riders who can keep up a good pace.

If anyone wants to attend, please post up that you will be riding with us.

Previous e-mail from Kris..........

Hi SDAR!

I am a brit - 42 yrs old - have a BMW 1200 GSA in Europe and a new KTM 990 in Ramona California (where I bought at NCY Escondido 4 mths ago -) where my sister lives.

I have done BMW off road training in Wales and Germany and had a Super Tenere in Bolivia in 1994 - always had a bike

When I visit my sister I don't know anyone so its good to meet folks to ride with and have a social time as well as plan for expeditions in the wonderful country you have

I attach some photos fyi... I visit USA about 4 times a year for 2 wks at a time

I dont have time for forums much - I prefer to ride than type BUT its good to meet folks - hope I can join

Very best

Kris

That's a BIG loop......

You're welcome to join us on Sat if your schedule will allow you to flip flop days.....I already set up a ride following the same path you suggested with the addition of a quick "up and back" on the dead end Black Mtn TT when we reach the split on Santa Isabell TT.......if you'd prefer to start later from Packard's just skip Black Mtn and you'll likley catch us along Black Canyon Rd. towards Mesa Grande......or at Diner 371 in Anza

I'm just heading back to Ramona after the stop at The Hideout :drinks:

That's a BIG loop......

You're welcome to join us on Sat if your schedule will allow you to flip flop days.....I already set up a ride following the same path you suggested with the addition of a quick "up and back" on the dead end Black Mtn TT when we reach the split on Santa Isabell TT.......if you'd prefer to start later from Packard's just skip Black Mtn and you'll likley catch us along Black Canyon Rd. towards Mesa Grande......or at Diner 371 in Anza

I'm just heading back to Ramona after the stop at The Hideout :drinks:

Yeah, I saw your ride, thanks Chris. I have other stuff going on Saturday, so have to ride Sunday.

It IS a big loop and time may not permit the entire route, we'll see.

I also would like to keep the group on the smaller side with experienced riders who can keep up a good pace.

If anyone wants to attend, please post up that you will be riding with us.

Is there two Packards? Lurk lurk

There used to be a newer one on the west side of town in a strip mall, don't know if it's still there.

Is there two Packards? Lurk lurk

There used to be a newer one on the west side of town in a strip mall, don't know if it's still there.

Packard's is at 7th and Main (Hwy 78).

The other location is no longer a Packard's......it's now Da Tuna Shack

Packard's is at 7th and Main (Hwy 78).

The other lcoation is no longer a Packard's......it's now Da Tuna Shack

Thanks for the clarification. It's been a long time since I went to the "other Packards" on the west side.

I have to work in the AM but will try and meet you at the Hideout for the second loop.

Your right at 100 miles on this loop when you get to the Hideout - guessing your there by 11-12?

The whole work thing has REALLY impacted my riding, so Sunday sounds good to me. I need to change the shoes on the DRZ, but I'm planning on being there.

I was interested in this ride, but wouldn't have time to make the entire loop. If its ok I could leave the group when back to Santa Isabel?

Maybe, depending on how tired I am from Saturday's ride and Saturday night on the town.

CiD

I'll sleep when I'm dead

The group is still small which is good, and riders can break off to head home whenever they want.