I have this old neighbor that is really cool and he is always joking about racing in the 60s and early 70s.

He just bought a brand new 1976 rokon a 340rt to race when he was injured on the job so badly that he could not ride the bike, so yesterday he gave it to me. 66 miles on it, never registered,no pink slip just something called a certificate of origin. 340ccs,automatic with a internal 5 spd, sachs engine,disc brakes front and rear,headlight and tailight, a crazy roll chart that has a magnifying glass cover and the bike has original owners manual and has a PULL START :D:D:D This is my new bike, Im selling my ktm 525 :D:DB):D

So where are the pics of this beast? I dont think they even got a foot hold back in the day. That is when I was racing and I dont remember any pull starts? But then again, I dont remember alot things from that time in my life. B) Sounds like quite a score. Enjoy!!!

I have this old neighbor that is really cool and he is always joking about racing in the 60s and early 70s.

He just bought a brand new 1976 rokon a 340rt to race when he was injured on the job so badly that he could not ride the bike, so yesterday he gave it to me. 66 miles on it, never registered,no pink slip just something called a certificate of origin. 340ccs,automatic with a internal 5 spd, sachs engine,disc brakes front and rear,headlight and tailight, a crazy roll chart that has a magnifying glass cover and the bike has original owners manual and has a PULL START :lol::lol::lol: This is my new bike, Im selling my ktm 525 :lol::lol::lol: :lol:He injured himself back in 1976 just days after buying the bike.

I remember seeing a few of those things when I was a kid, never rode one. If I remember they sound just like ride on lawn tractors.

SCHWINN here's an idea......a demonstration of you going UP "THE DROP OFF" on it, I'll take the pics of you doing it.

Those things were actually raced in National enduro competiton back in the 70s. I remember pictures of them in my old Dirt Bike magazines, which I probably still have in a box out somewhere in the garage. I can't remember who the riders were. Nobody famous, I guess :lol:

Between TNTMO & PAUL I have learned more about the bike then ever. It is bike #8 on TNTMO page but a newer model with laid down shocks and I just found out it is the 1976 bicentenial model .

Between TNTMO & PAUL I have learned more about the bike then ever. It is bike #8 on TNTMO page but a newer model with laid down shocks and I just found out it is the 1976 bicentenial model .

Oh the memories! thanks guys! I just remembered why I love my LC4.

Oh the memories! thanks guys! I just remembered why I love my LC4.

Hope you have some fun with the Rokon. I used to have such fond memories of my first Elsinore CR 125. I had one and so did my boyfriend at the time. We used to race at Four Corners, Dehesa, Saddleback, Indian Dunes, Escape Country as well as Carlsbad on our little flimsey green and silver grenades. Once I was fondly recalling a time or two about the Elsie, when a friend of mine said he had one leaning up against his garage wall. It'd been there for 13 years and was in none too good a shape, so he offered it up to me for free. I couldn't say no and soon had it apart in my garage. Once it was restored good enough for practical use, I fired the little sucker up and took it for a spin in the field next to my house. I put it up for sale the next day.

So much for fond memories! The bike was alot nicer as I remembered it than it actually was in the moment

of rediscovery. A vintage racer came out and paid me 350 smackers for it and I happily went on my way riding modern bikes, which at the time was mid 80s, not so far off from what we are riding today. I still have an 86 model trailbike that sees some dirt from time to time :lol:

Myself and mitch got it running,it runs really well and smooth and that automatic is really smooth. It rolls on like a snowmobile which i think it is being a SACHS motor with a pull start :D:D pictures coming this evening of me and mitch doing wheelies on the thing and still pictures as well,now i have to register the thing as it was built for enduro use for street and dirt, it has never been registered and no one has ever taken owner ship of it, just a certificate of origin that no one has ever signed.

now i have to register the thing as it was built for enduro use for street and dirt, it has never been registered and no one has ever taken owner ship of it, just a certificate of origin that no one has ever signed.

I registered late by a week and got hammered with a penalty. I wonder what the penalty will be for being 30 years late :D:D . Perhaps you will just have to pay 30 years of non-op fees? I guess if you just purchased it and you will be the origional owner you should be able to get by with paying taxes on the sale price and liceince fees? If they hastle you at the DMV you can always try another DMV office. Eventually you will get it to sail through at one of them. Good luck, I can't wait to drive it. Do you have any specs on it? I am curious what the HP is. :D Ken

now i have to register the thing as it was built for enduro use for street and dirt, it has never been registered and no one has ever taken owner ship of it, just a certificate of origin that no one has ever signed.

I registered late by a week and got hammered with a penalty. I wonder what the penalty will be for being 30 years late :D:D . Perhaps you will just have to pay 30 years of non-op fees? I guess if you just purchased it and you will be the origional owner you should be able to get by with paying taxes on the sale price and liceince fees? If they hastle you at the DMV you can always try another DMV office. Eventually you will get it to sail through at one of them. Good luck, I can't wait to drive it. Do you have any specs on it? I am curious what the HP is. :D Ken

340CCS THATS ALL I KNOW

My uncle had one of these he used as his playbike back in the late 70s, early 80s. The thing had monster power and sometimes the throttle would stick, causing him to crash and wrack himself up. My uncle wasn't very mechanically inclined and I have memories of my dad always taking apart the carb trailside and trying to get the thing to behave for him.

There's all kinds of stories about people vintage motocrossing these things and basically terrorizing the competition, especially when their throttles stick!

The weirdest thing about riding them is that they don't have engine braking when going down hills, the way the auto trans is set up, the motor just freewheels when you are off the gas, that's why they put the disc brakes on them back then.

Anyway cool score! I'm jealous, I've always wanted to find one.