Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

West Chec 2 Day Qualifier 19-20 May 2012

http://www.ridechec.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101%3A0519-2012-round-5-gorman-ca&catid=36%3Aevents&Itemid=1

Anyone?

To get the taste of a WEC Grand Prix. Arrive Fri stay through Sun. Hopefully collect medal!! Average recorded temps low 50s to high 60s (nice but probably dry=dust, but enduros are spread by minutes and the club sets lines by class )

I've pre entered already.

Started it last year as 1 day but got lost along with bunch of others on first transfer section where apparently some hikers where hiding the arrows, they restarted the race an hour later but we were so lost going back and to trying to find out where we went wrong missed the restart so want to really ride it this year.

Id like to go for one day of riding. Not sure its safe to hope fo rain after last time.

I'm signed up for 2 day full deal with overnight parc ferme etc., will go up friday and may ride the MX track a bit as they used that last time for part of one test and good idea the know which jumps to roll and which are safe to try and jump.

Dai, I am getting peer pressure to step up and go 50A...... Yes the 2 day is what I want

Signed for 2 day, Mag Hwt Int to stay in class for 2012 (same as Anza round). Keep in touch all to get a San Diego group corral set up, (hopefully a little better than the sno and go thing!!)

SDAR check in. i see Dai, Spaughs(?), myself and ??? 2 days 175 miles even if not too technical the mileage will kick arse. better use the anti monkey butt compound!!!!

we are trying to figure out what to do with our time off from work next weekend and following week. enduro + sierras or moab utah ? We haven't signed up for the race since we may head east instead of north.

Moab sounds pretty killer but its a lot further...

for all just use Dave's sprinty as the homing beacon, thats where we can pit.

As of now something has come up and I'm probably not going to be able to make this race, will advise later if things change.

oh mang....first Mitch out and now Dai possible out.. min 37 is thinning out

Rob,

Can I talk you into driving up to Kernville for a little more riding after the race weekend? I authorize you to take Monday off from work.

:party:

Rob,

Can I talk you into driving up to Kernville for a little more riding after the race weekend? I authorize you to take Monday off from work.

:party:

Jon ur killin me!!! No can do. My level of fitness will be pushed to limits even with my RynoPower boost just from the 2 days of trails, lots of 5 hour energy for the drive home on Sun eve.

Jon ur killin me!!! No can do. My level of fitness will be pushed to limits even with my RynoPower boost just from the 2 days of trails, lots of 5 hour energy for the drive home on Sun eve.

No worries. This trip might not be the best to get in on. This is the first of the season and we may spend a bit of time clearing trails. There'll be more trips this summer. In fact the first weekend of June, Julie will be joining me for the Stewards BBQ. Can you make it then? I'll be showing Julie around the trails on her TTR125.

Back on topic... I can only make it Sunday, and can't get up there until Saturday evening. Given that they are running low on entries, can someone going up Friday get me signed up/reserve an entry? I can drop off a check or however this would best be handled.

report? Matt and I were both there as far as SDAR goes (that I know of). Matt kicked butt as usual for an old guy that does not have nearly enough seat time. Some guys (experts) just are always fast.

Me ok in my 50B class, terrain was in the favor of the more dez oriented guys (most folks from D37).with most of the stuff kind of quad trail stuff. Looks like 3rd in class for day one and 4th in class for day 2. Im happy with 4th but if not for a real stupid fffup on the last special test I prob would have been in 3rd or even second on day 2.

Note: I blew my rear shock on the first ST of day 2 and rode all day on just a rear spring. My ST times with no shock spring dampening (pogo) were not that far off my classmates times, so I gotta pat myself for getting though the day on my Husky Pogo stick, especially the fine treat of the wilderness area mountain trail and its transfer section to special test and back to transfer all up in the high (@7000 ft range) single track rock strewn pine forest. Thats my report. This race was really a good all skill level trail ride through all that Hungry valley/gorman has to offer and the race special permitted bonus opening of the mountain wilderness area to the northwest as well. We had 2 CHP watching us on the road up to the wilderness trail 25mph or Disqual.

Despite not being my fave terrain (except the mountain sections it was still fun getting loose and crazy on those flowing trails, and one ST was a real blue groove trail so it was like roadracing on a mini curvy road crazy and a real kick in the pants. I was imagining I was on a mountain road being a hooligan. My DOT/FIM enduro comp tires were perfect for the blue groove. I am glad I have thin cut bars when we had a few trees up on the mountain trail to pass by with sheer drops on one side,got the puckers a couple of times, plan was if the bike started to go, bail and hug the tree! My minute mate has chest cam viddy from that mountain section I gotta get it from him.

I am not sure how cool I am with being referred to as an old guy. That bit of truth is a bit uncomfortable.

There was a time when I did get a decent amount of seat time, and that allows my results to look better than my current effort deserves. It also helps that D37 has a 40+ 250 class that I can sometimes win, I would be a ways down the order when combined with all 40+ riders.

Conditions were not nearly as good as last year, but still not too terrible. The blue groove test was a lot more fun than it sounds, you could just roll the throttle to the stop coming out of turns and there was no spinning or sliding.

Future events? WFO Enduro at Stonyford on 11 NOV is the only semi-firm event on my calendar.

the only definite in my book is the early Dec Tecate HS again!! Good ride Matt and you are right, it does not sound fun but truthfully that blue groove test was like roadracing through a tight mountain pass. we are all old its no sweat we can still make some cool moto moves!!

The best and longest test of the 2 Days. Day 2 SP4 "the mountain wilderness section" spectacular trail.

Harry's Cam

I skipped to the part of the video where he was wearing the pine branch. Pretty fun stuff there. :party:

Harry keeps the viddy alot less boring he's a top 250 B rider. His SP4 was 29:43 compared to the 50B class (my class) winner's 38:00 and my (no rear suspension)time of 42:07. That trail was really nice, too bad, no time to stop and enjoy the scenery more!! R

The best and longest test of the 2 Days. Day 2 SP4 "the mountain wilderness section" spectacular trail.

Harry's Cam

wow, that was a great trail. the guy was on a real adrenaline rush in the video. great way to ride these trails and not have to worry about a head on! great job.