crfxer

Lark Canyon- Sunday the 15th

Just a few pics from today and 1 question...

003-10.jpg

002-5.jpg

001-9.jpg

third picture looking out toward Superstition and the first picture would be just north west from there. Question is what snow covered mountains are those? San Juacinto(???)

second picture is everyone enjoying the view of a great day out there. Weather was perfect, traction was what I dream about and the pace was very satisfying. Had a great time, thanks everybody!

Good to ride with a group again. I was getting kind of lonesome. I wanted to show off some of the new trails that I have found just lately. Instead, I managed to miss a fork in the trail and got all lost for a little bit....it was fun though! :party: The main group wanted to split back to the vehicles, but I still wanted to find out where I made the wrong turn, so I headed back in that direction, where I promptly ran out of gas (but luckily had the reserve on my gas tap). Took the shortest route back to the staging area with teaspoons to spare. I guess I must have forgotten to top off my tank after my last ride. <_< Good ride, good mud, good traction, good weather, and good company!

And I still say that the mountain with the snow on it is Santa Rosa. :coolio:

Guest Crusty

Nice pics,

I was having a great ride this morning with V-Dog and CRFXER.

till my 14 year old brake line sprung a leak

and I blew a corner into some brush.

My other bikes are set up really well, so it was time to ride and adjust my plated 2T.

I had made some small adjustments on my 21year old bike

and it seemed to be working really well, on the more technical trails of M.V.

Found a good brake line.

Hope I can get it soon, so I can ride my CR500 again at McKain next Saturday.

• Part # 194040 mag-icon-small.png
    Stainless Steel Rear Braided Brake Line
    • Swivel union ends are the secret to easier fitting, and ensure a kink and stress free installation
    • Venhill Engineering in the UK makes Moose Racing stainless steel brake lines to the highest specifications
    • Each line is made from top quality Dupont Teflon coated hose, wrapped with British made stainless steel, and PVC coated for protection and great looks
    • Rubber protection boots and extra rigid tubing are used to protect vulnerable areas from heat and impact and to prevent hose flex under compression
    • Each line is designed to withstand a minimum of 14000 psi
    • Installing our stainless lines gives a large performance increase by significantly reducing expansion under pressure, and absorption of water when compared to stock rubber hoses

Good to ride with a group again. I was getting kind of lonesome. I wanted to show off some of the new trails that I have found just lately. Instead, I managed to miss a fork in the trail and got all lost for a little bit....it was fun though! :party: The main group wanted to split back to the vehicles, but I still wanted to find out where I made the wrong turn, so I headed back in that direction, where I promptly ran out of gas (but luckily had the reserve on my gas tap). Took the shortest route back to the staging area with teaspoons to spare. I guess I must have forgotten to top off my tank after my last ride. <_< Good ride, good mud, good traction, good weather, and good company!

thanks to both you and crusty for leading some good rides. You certainly showed me some fun new trails, I think I like getting lost. Some good stuff. I did about 44 miles on the day, the most I've done there without going east. Can't wait to go up there again. Hoping we get some more rain soon, that wet dirt is so-o-o-o nice!

And Brad, nice pace back to the trucks. Always interesting with the cactus up there if you do make a mistake or leaning it into a corner

And Bob, thanks for starting a ride that you couldn't make. missed a good one

Didn't take too many pictures this time around. So here are the few that I did take.

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Spotted my first rattly snake of the season. Was a little guy, a little over 2 feet long.

IMG_0874.jpg

Didn't take too many pictures this time around. So here are the few that I did take.

What filter are you running on your camera?

What filter are you running on your camera?

None. I edit the pictures with Picasa3, adding fill light, and using the High Dynamics Range feature.

I'll demonstrate with a picture from the first post.

003-10.jpg

Fill light, HDR....fade, saturate, sharpen, color balance. Viola!

003-10.jpg

Nice to ride with everyone.

Enjoyed meeting BK (Bob), Rory, V-dog, Craig (again), DD, Alan, Spaugh, Alan's son.

BK Bob, I wish I had a camera rolling for your descent down that massive boulder trail. I saw your unique dismount over the bars and then followed by a "roll out" only to be topped by a Judo master. Well done.

I followed up your show with my own show 1 minute later. A front end kiss of my own into a giant bolder, bike fell over down hill leaning. It is always fun to pick up a bike when it is leaning down a steep hill. Sorry you missed it. It was around the very next corner.

McCain "Spaugh in action"

riding group: 10am-1pm sunday

The prep

post-0-070073100 1334600542_thumb.jpg

Lightning speed

post-0-059931700 1334600574_thumb.jpg

post-0-003460100 1334600597_thumb.jpg

post-0-053946500 1334600621_thumb.jpg

post-0-009862700 1334600669_thumb.jpg

Sacatone Lookout, etc.(sp.?)

riding solo: 2-5 pm sunday

post-0-077909000 1334600853_thumb.jpg

post-0-014245600 1334600902_thumb.jpg

jeep trails to lookout

post-0-048829800 1334600934_thumb.jpg

post-0-036896400 1334600964_thumb.jpg

post-0-005160700 1334600986_thumb.jpg

post-0-078487000 1334601008_thumb.jpg

a few steps on very steep jeep trail

post-0-078980800 1334601045_thumb.jpg

view south to hwy 8 and boulevard/campo

post-0-005818800 1334601072_thumb.jpg

And I believe you. After checking it out on Google Earth I can see that you are right. I wasn't that familiar with the geography there and I certainly didn't know that the highest peak, Toro Peak is up there at 8716'. I was close tho, only 20 miles to Idyllwild

Looks like I missed a really good ride! MV after rain is really good and with Crusty leading some of the ride it had to be fun! I headed out to Cahuilla for the Autism Awarness Benefit. They had a ton of people show up and the track was a lil sloppy in some spots but really flowed well. The Vet track there is really epic also!

Looks like this was an fun ride, looking forward to joining one day once I get a ds. Thanks for posting up the pictures.