P10105751000w-L.jpg

P10105811000w-L.jpg

P10105671000w-L.jpg

P10105701000w-L.jpg

P10105741000w-L.jpg

P10105801000w-L.jpg

P10105831000w-L.jpg

P10105851000w-L.jpg

looks like a good day,and fun. I am looking forward to taking a day off during the week for a ride soon.

It was a nice day for a ride, great riding partners although the pace was not always for the faint of heart. Dan's back was a little sore but after some interesting moves from Dave he must have been feeling better because he set a fast pace that had us old guys on our toes all day.

Got out to Carrizo wash a little before 9

DSCF4029.jpg

There is something great about new rubber on your bike. Fresh rain in the dez only makes it better.

DSCF4030.jpg

Dave showing Dan some exercises that us old guys need to do just to get out of bed in the morning

DSCF4036.jpg

The Ocotillo were in bloom and flowers were starting to come out everywhere

DSCF4048.jpg

Dave using all his desert savvy to tell us which way to go.

DSCF4059.jpg

After Dave and I rode down a certain hill Dan said I think I can ride down this backwards!

DSCF4057.jpg

Dan was all smiles after the backwards decent

DSCF4061.jpg

I was going a little to fast to make a turn an ran into this big rock and split it in two!

DSCF4063.jpg

We had to watch out for falling rock after the recent rain, Here Dave was caught by some.

DSCF4065.jpg

After getting Dave out from under the rocks we all made our way over them and back to camp.

That's when tragedy struck, we discovered than not a single one of us had brought any beer for an after ride refreshment.

DSCF4067.jpg

Covered in Dust

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/chrisnelson55/DSCF4030.jpg

Is that a Dunlop 606? How is it out there?

I'm not a big fan of the 606 in the dirt. The only time I'll use one is if I'm going on a 1000+ mile ride that includes street (like a rip to the tip). The tire is a Parelli MT21 140/80-18. Not as much life as a 606 but much better in the dirt (IMHO). I have not been able to bring myself to try the Parelli trails tire yet but I will probably give one a try at Bass Lake this year. It's really nice in the dez right now, but it's going to heat up fast so you need to plan to ride soon.

CiD

That's when tragedy struck, we discovered than not a single one of us had brought any beer for an after ride refreshment.

Covered in Dust

Wow, pretty amateur move by such veteran riders! :shiftyeyes_anim:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/chrisnelson55/DSCF4030.jpg

Is that a Dunlop 606? How is it out there?

I'm not a big fan of the 606 in the dirt. The only time I'll use one is if I'm going on a 1000+ mile ride that includes street (like a rip to the tip). The tire is a Parelli MT21 140/80-18. Not as much life as a 606 but much better in the dirt (IMHO). I have not been able to bring myself to try the Parelli trails tire yet but I will probably give one a try at Bass Lake this year. It's really nice in the dez right now, but it's going to heat up fast so you need to plan to ride soon.

CiD

Thanks. I have the Pirelli scorpion on front and the 606 on back, haven't had in the dirt yet. Soon as I can hook-up on a ride...

Wow, pretty amateur move by such veteran riders! :shiftyeyes_anim:

Feel our pain! Not to be repeated.

blink.gifph34r.gifbig_boss.gif