Adelina and I got to ride again - few months after last trip.

I checked on the road closure status and confirmed that Lusardi is open: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5340229&width=full

Packed the bike up and headed out. New 16/43 gearing worked great (17/41 stock), bike was very responsive and a pleasure to ride.

Rode out to Roma, took Pamo Rd to Lusardi:

60c5b20f.jpg

b094156f.jpg

40ca5c02.jpg

e8de11c5.jpg

It was hot. We had to stop few times to just cool off:

b352108a.jpg

3d8f2a71.jpg

fcf0e2e6.jpg

fe2f3734.jpg

dff92c10.jpg

b080264a.jpg

2f7179d3.jpg

8e7d8ee2.jpg

We traded apple pie for sushi and happily rolled in home :)

I'm starting to enjoy the strom more and more. Didn't clip the skidplate at all 2up and were able to go over all roads just fine, of course, we were going at snail's pace compared to my DRZ, but it still was nice.

-George

Beautiful day yesterday! I was out on the Santa Ysabel TT and Black Canyon yesterday. I passed a strom rolling two up. Maybe that was you. Awesome Sunday rides like that make Monday's at work not so awesome.

Beautiful day yesterday! I was out on the Santa Ysabel TT and Black Canyon yesterday. I passed a strom rolling two up. Maybe that was you. Awesome Sunday rides like that make Monday's at work not so awesome.

Was Santa Ysabel TT's gate open at Black Canyon? Last few times it's been shut/locked/posted.

Was Santa Ysabel TT's gate open at Black Canyon? Last few times it's been shut/locked/posted.

Yeah, it actually was open at both the black canyon and pamo ends. I was pretty surprised myself. That was a very nice trail.

Yeah, it actually was open at both the black canyon and pamo ends. I was pretty surprised myself. That was a very nice trail.

Great news!

Thanks for kind words, it was great!

I think I will go there next, never been by the lake yet.

Blind - I'm counting on you next time! No more slacking :)

-George

I have never been up Lusardi Truck Trail. (I have been on Black Canyon Rd.) So, you can take Lusardi TT all the way north to Mesa TT (looking at google here). And, then what? Can you take a left on Mesa TT and go all the way to Hwy 79? Or do you have to take a right on Mesa TT and go to Mesa Grande Rd to get out?

That is great news!!

Lusardi is an out and back road. It's gated way back in there and the orther side of the gate ends up on private and indian lands.

Still, it's a great ride.

Orosco, Lusardi, and the Santa Ysabel to Black Canyon. It's a couple of hours of nothing but fun.