johnnybags

Pre-ride Dez Dash 2/18,19,20

Looking to spend the Prez Day weekend riding and learning my new GPS prior to the Dez Dash.

Slow yet not so NooB with my girlfriend.

Any takers or ideas....????

Corral Canyon camping maybe followed by some Anza Borrego loops....??

John

619-241-3268

Just firmed up my plans. I'm registered for the Big Bear Trail Riders Pres Weekend camp/ride out of Ocotillo Wells. 2/17,18,19,20

(I'll be there 18,19,20)

I've attached a map to the camping area. Event is open to ALL. Non-members are welcome. Not sure on the Saturday night chili dinner though

BBTR camp.pdf

Guest Crusty

Sounds like fun, I pre ran day 2 about 6 weeks ago,

Do you want to ride day 1?

I am interested...because I will be occupied the weekend of the dash... This would be a perfect make-up...

I might be able to come out Sunday and ride with your girlfriend. It would be nice to ride with another girl. I won't know until it gets closer if I can take the day off. PM if you want my number.

I might be able to come out Sunday and ride with your girlfriend. It would be nice to ride with another girl. I won't know until it gets closer if I can take the day off. PM if you want my number.

haha I just put two and two together, I have to come out and ride with her......

I'd like to pre-ride day 1 Craig!! Let me know what day works for you. This Saturday is a no go but open Sunday or I could take a day off of work.... :party:

Guest Crusty

I'd like to pre-ride day 1 Craig!! Let me know what day works for you. This Saturday is a no go but open Sunday or I could take a day off of work.... :party:

(Quote) UNHuskyman.

Posted Today, 06:15 PM

Im up to preride either day. Want to play tour guide again crusty?

Lets pic a day when it gets a little closer, that works for all.

Craig.

Craig.

I'll be at the BBTR camp site as described in the attached map starting Friday evening and staying unitl Sunday mid-late afternoon.

I'm brand new with the GPS with limited knowledge of how to connect all the Anza Borrego trails together.

Contact me if I Should expect to ride with you guys or do pick up a prtner from the BBTR crowd.

As of today it looks as if Tracy wont be with me so speed and difficulty wont be an issue.

John

619-241-3268

Just firmed up my plans. I'm registered for the Big Bear Trail Riders Pres Weekend camp/ride out of Ocotillo Wells. 2/17,18,19,20

(I'll be there 18,19,20)

I've attached a map to the camping area.

BBTR camp.pdf

I'm registered too......I plan on riding whatever/where ever the BBTR crew wants to hit......I'll show you how to use that GPS. ;):D

Sat dinner is club members only.....I've been a member of BBTR and the Dualies for ~10yrs.....each club is $25/yr and each puts on great events/helps keep our trails open/supports charitable causes.....sign-up/join in the fun.

Guest Crusty

Contact me if I Should expect to ride with you guys or do pick up a prtner from the BBTR crowd.

As of today it looks as if Tracy wont be with me so speed and difficulty wont be an issue.

Have fun in OW.

You hi/jacked your own thread.heh.gif

I think I will be leading a PRE Run..... day 1 of the Desert Dash ride,

with Mickeal15, UnHuskyman, and Eddie.

Anyone else want in???

We need to pick a day?

I can join, but the only day I can ride is Monday the 20th. I will be at Soboba the days before. No problem if it doesn't work for Monday, but if it does, I'm in.

I am probably in... I will plan to camp Friday night, Saturday, & Sunday... Maybe a quick ride on Monday...

I should have my new ham set up by then...

Wish I could make it out, but my bro is visiting from Arizona that weekend, so not sure I can get away...You guys have fun...BBTR is a great group of people...

Guest Crusty

(Quote) UNHuskyman.

Posted Today, 06:15 PM

Im up to preride either day. Want to play tour guide again Crusty??

Craig.

I am out, I have to take a customer riding Friday.

Craig.

I'm registered too......I plan on riding whatever/where ever the BBTR crew wants to hit......I'll show you how to use that GPS. ;):D

Sat dinner is club members only.....I've been a member of BBTR and the Dualies for ~10yrs.....each club is $25/yr and each puts on great events/helps keep our trails open/supports charitable causes.....sign-up/join in the fun.

Chris, look forward to riding/hanging with you.

New twist, in ture female fashion Tracy has changed her mind. Rather her son's ski race carrer has changed it for her. So she'll be with me all weekend.

I've kinda figured out the basics of the GPS but I need some real time practice.

Look forward to picking your brain.

Crusty: yes It seems I did hijack my own thread. Let's agree to share.

Hi guys

I too want to pre-ride. I plan to be camping in OW near the blue Inn next to new fancy RV park on the south side of Rt 78. Will be out friday afternoon to- sunday.

BBTR grand loop ride on sat may be similar to some of the DD tracks?

Would like to speak to riders friday to plan a meeting spot saturday morning- Blue Inn 9:00 sharp ready to ride? or is everyone staging from the BBTR camp? If So what time do I need to be in the BBTR camp? I am a paid member of BBTR but prefer to camp down by Rt 78.

Dr J :

310-938-7880 Cell

DS Fox, Maniac and Johnny bags have ridden with me over the last summer, XR-650 R plated!

....meeting spot saturday morning- Blue Inn 9:00 sharp ready to ride? or is everyone staging from the BBTR camp? If So what time do I need to be in the BBTR camp?

The BBTR camp is located 2.4 miles in from S22 on Holley Rd.......the waypoint is in the tracks file......you might want to email Frank or Miguel directly if you're looking for a group to join on Sat morning for the Big Loop.....they can also give you a time to be in camp......I haven't looked at the tracks so I don't know if they're swinging by the Blu Inn or not (I'm thinking NOT since there's no gas........they'll likely gas up/eat in Borrego Springs)

I probably won't be out there until ~9am on Sat....regardless of whether we come out Friday or Sat, I probably won't be riding any big loops since I'm bringing Kathy and my dogs......I'll just be doing short/easy loops with Kathy and socializing with the gang....

Mates:

Thanks for replies, Thus, planning to head over to BBTR camp sat morning as staging point for big loop saturday, did it 2 or 3 years ago, it was awesome!

looks like a trace of rain fell on OW, maybe less dust?

Dr J

.......Dr J : 310-938-7880 Cell

DS Fox, Maniac and Johnny bags have ridden with me over the last summer, XR-650 R plated!

Welcome Dr. J....it's about time...:heh: Good to see you in here.....Post up an intro in New Member Introductions....see you soon,

One last strange twist for 'my part' of this thread.

Tracy is nursing a sick that will probably be put down this weekend.

So we're almost 100% OUT.

Have fun and ride safe. Tracy was excited to get on her newly opened up and re-jetted bike.

I'll see some or most of you next weekend at the Dez Dash