daijones

D37 Gold Rush Qualifier - March 18th

Upcoming D37 Gold Rush Qualifier on March 18th at The Ranch, Anza CA, same place a few of us raced back in September and which was an awesome event.

Gold Rush

Slightly different format but much same terrain, unfortunately (maybe) 3rd loop isn't run for my B 40+ class so may be tough, have to see if can ride it anyway of if have to ride B 30+ class instead.

Anyone wants to do an enduro type race this is a great opportunity to start, as close as it gets to SD other then Tecate and nothing too silly but be prepared for lots of turns, some said they only got into 4th gear twice in 4 hours riding.

Expect online entries to up soon, who's in, Rob, Matt, Brad, Briana, Christi, others?

I would love to try this event out, i will get the new 200 xc-w in the shop will that work ???

I would love to try this event out, i will get the new 200 xc-w in the shop will that work ???

200XCW is probably best bike for this race, or even a 150XC, my 300XC was way too much (but fun anyway), be prepared for thousands of gear changes.

my answer is....heck yea just gotta check the schedule. 310 will rail that place.

But I am with you Dai may drop age/class to do all 3 loops more beatings for the buck!!

What is the scoring rules / format? Dave and rob, 1st and 2nd last time right? Time to sign up as A class sandbaggers :) if you guys are in, I will plan on going. Let me know if you sign up early so I can do the same and take advantage of the 10$ off.

What is the scoring rules / format? Dave and rob, 1st and 2nd last time right? Time to sign up as A class sandbaggers :) if you guys are in, I will plan on going. Let me know if you sign up early so I can do the same and get the 10$ off for early entry again.

I think we all need to go to the Ride Chec site and read the rules and the D37 enduro regs. Brad I am not sure but it does say qualifier which I take to mean Special tests and transfer sections, which is a good format for my old arse (giving me time to recover) going into a fast as you can go special test. That bwould be the format of the last ride chec race we did up there. I will be a Bee until I win a National in the B class or some sort of B class championship...........!! IMHO the A class in the older age groups is reserved for former pros.

http://www.ridechec.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

What is the scoring rules / format? Dave and rob, 1st and 2nd last time right? Time to sign up as A class sandbaggers :) if you guys are in, I will plan on going. Let me know if you sign up early so I can do the same and get the 10$ off for early entry again.

I think we all need to go to the Ride Chec site and read the rules and the D37 enduro regs. Brad I am not sure but it does say qualifier which I take to mean Special tests and transfer sections, which is a good format for my old arse (giving me time to recover) going into a fast as you can go special test. That bwould be the format of the last ride chec race we did up there. I will be a Bee until I win a National in the B class or some sort of B class championship...........!! IMHO the A class in the older age groups is reserved for former pros.

http://www.ridechec.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

I've entered 40+B as that was what I signed up with D37 as for 2012, seems unclear as to what we can do in this race, some say if you ride loop 3 you will be DQ'd, others say no problem but of course not scored in results so will see at sign up and may have to change to 30+B.

D37 have rules for moving up to A and B classes and Rob and myself from last race results counts and I think you can get 5 transfer results before having to ride A class, good job they don't count other out of district results :) I'll ride A if/when they tell me, I actually ride A/expert class back in UK sometimes to be able to ride longer races and/or ride with my friends but it's nicer to race knowing you can be somewhat competitive.

cool you are committed dave. thanks for the heads up. i will get pre entered this week and will see you there.

cool you are committed dave. thanks for the heads up. i will get pre entered this week and will see you there.

Great Brad, should be fun again, and get Briana entered also, her 150XC will be so much fun there.

yes, she is going to sign up for 2 laps. i have been sampling the 150XC and REALLY wish it was MY bike.

hopefully for this one we can all get in the same pit spot, I will sign up this week I will decide what class. I may contact Erek this week and get some info.

I signed and I am acting my age for once....... MAG HWT B (50+,251cc+,Intermediate) a 2 loop rider for what appears to be only 28 miles!!! I don't see myself keeping too much in reserve for that mileage, it looks like a real special test sprint and all out (fast as I can go) trail ride. With the 310 one tank full from the start should do me. R

Lets get ourselves sorted so we can try to pit together. check in guys who is in?

Any interest in requesting same satrt time / line? I'm planning on riding vet B light

Any interest in requesting same satrt time / line? I'm planning on riding vet B light

good luck to all 3 of you... sounds fun

Good to hear that ISDE97! Hope you make the show.

It seems the D36 guys are all pumped up about their kick ass ride at the western chec round 1 showing (didn't you ride out of D36 back in the day?. Us deep southerners need to school them on our local terrain.(ha)

All signed up and ready to take the 150XC out. Now I just need a little more practice. ;)

Just signed up. MAG C LTW Requested start line with Brad and Briana. Should be a blast on my 200EXC. I hear that place is a lot like McCain so looking forward to it.

See you all there!

good news all!! cant wait to hit those "RynoLand"- "The Ranch" trails again

I am planning on riding this.

Matt U IN???

Looks like we have a decent representation of SDARs and local SD crew. I am trying to convince more of our crew to join the fun. Anyone else?

I am about to pre enter, as incentive to be prepared.

If I don't make it, I should probably just give away my bike and admit failure.

Well, I really wanted to race this one since I have been on all the single track, but I don't think I will be able to. This should be an awesome race. Good luck to you all!

Getting spooled up and motivated!!! Husky TE310 this time, MAG HWT B class (again), fueled with RynoPower. Yee haa

photo_50907_20110919.jpg

photo_50247_20110919.jpg

Apparently they had 8 inches of snow last week and now its melted conditions are mega, plus more rain due this weekend. But as it's tight after this dust won't be a big deal in general although always better with nice traction. I'll be doing my Welsh snow dance (which worked last time in Tecate HS) beforehand so I can try and beat Robert :)