Crazy Canadian

Where is the best place to get tires changed?

Just had a shocker, in TN Cycle Gear charged $20 a tire to change them and in San Diego they charge nearly double... Anyone know a cheaper place to get tires swapped and balanced? Wheels are already off the bike and I have the tires ready to go.

I've used Full Throttle Motorsports in Santee- nice guys. I forget the price, but it was the best around. I only use other places when I'm being fussy and want them balanced as well as being lazy and want them mounted.

canadian- the best place to get tires mounted is on your rims... by you... on the trail, or preferably in your garage

because... eventually, you'll need to do it on the trail... DAMHIK

otherwise- Cycle Parts West is close to you, and charges a fair price... which may be $20 these days

If you have some high-faluttin sport bike, and are tearing up the asphalt at 200 mph, by all means pay the money to have them mounted and balanced by somebody with a good insurance company behind them....

If you have a dirt bike, and are riding trails around locally, you can do it yourself and save the money... balance if you MUST, but most people don't notice, unless you run ONE rimlock

if you are somewhere in between, price it out accordingly

I've used Full Throttle Motorsports in Santee- nice guys. I forget the price, but it was the best around. I only use other places when I'm being fussy and want them balanced as well as being lazy and want them mounted.

Thanks for the tip! $20 a tire was indeed the best deal I found and the guys out there were cool.

Cycle parts west. $10 / wheel. They can have you in and out in under an hour if you call ahead.

That said the best place is your garage with you trail toolkit.

Cycle parts west. $10 / wheel. They can have you in and out in under an hour if you call ahead.

Impressive- is that with customer-supplied tires, or tires purchased from them?

Thats a good question... i always bring my own but i usually by my biv blocks there.

Thats a good question... i always bring my own but i usually by my biv blocks there.

Whatsa biv block?

Whatsa biv block?

I was wondering where David got his bullsh_t in volume :heh:

CiD

Tire swap is free of charge when you buy from Ramona Cycle Supply......though their supply is limited.......they mainly stock non DOT Maxxis Desert IT, etc. (They cater to the off-road crowd)......few dualsport tires "in stock"......they will order whatever you need but likely not price competitive with Motoercycle Superstore.......

I think both All American KTM and Ramona Cycle Supply are ~$20 if you bring in a wheel off the bike with a tire you purchased elsewhere.....

Clairemont Cycle - Convoy/Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

Martins Motorcycle Specialties - Santee on Prospect

Props to this place, they put on my tire today for $10. I didn't buy it from them, just showed up when they opened and they had me in and out in about 10 minutes. I already had the old one off, but got stuck trying to get the new one on, so I guess it was "half" the work normally :)

Props to this place, they put on my tire today for $10. I didn't buy it from them, just showed up when they opened and they had me in and out in about 10 minutes. I already had the old one off, but got stuck trying to get the new one on, so I guess it was "half" the work normally :)

Yeah, that sounds about right. Last time I had them do a tire for me it was $20, but I brought in the wheel with the old tire still mounted. Either way, still not a bad deal - plus they're nice and fast.