Guest Hammerin Hammon

Keeping it real!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I dont know where to start, but I got a great story to tell.

This morning when I was working on my house getting it ready for the painter, I saw my neighbor John. He is 27 years old and, one of the best riders I have riden with in a long time. He took me on my first hard dualsport ride. It was Stefanos ride, WOW. I told him about Saturdays Duallies ride and he said he had done that ride before, liked it , that it was easy, (but his bike was broken) I said "WHAT" ;) ohh (IT BLEW UP) :D WHAT were you doing, you just bought that 10,000 dollar bike and put 2,000 more into it ( I BET YOU CANT GUESS WHAT BRAND IT IS) :unsure:

WE will be riding together at the Big Bear ride if he can get his bike fixed by then. He rode that last year and claims its realy easy. :D

I hope they have enough parts in Austria.

Should this have been posted under CR500 vs. KTM 525 His was the SX. :P

WE will be riding together at the Big Bear ride if he can get his bike fixed by then. He rode that last year and claims its realy easy.

He must not have ridden the hero loop at Big Bear ;) .....cuz I don't care who you are, finishing that entire Hardways loop within the allotted time is not "really easy" .....in fact, it's not even "realy easy"......that's why they give out bragging rights plaques to the few that manage to pull it off.....did he earn a plaque?.......no plaque = no popping off :unsure:

I dont know where to start, but I got a great story to tell.

This morning when I was working on my house getting it ready for the painter, I saw my neighbor John. He is 27 years old and, one of the best riders I have riden with in a long time. He took me on my first hard dualsport ride. (but his bike was broken) I said "WHAT" ;) ohh (IT BLEW UP) :D WHAT were you doing, you just bought that 10,000 dollar bike and put 2,000 more into it ( I BET YOU CANT GUESS WHAT BRAND IT IS) :unsure:

I hope they have enough parts in Austria.

Should this have been posted under CR500 vs. KTM 525 His was the SX. :D

That's a great story ?

Frankly, I've read comments by others and even had some PM's saying these KTM v. Honda posts are getting a little old. And they seem to originate from the same people.

I'm not telling anyone what they can or cannot post, but geez....think about what you're posting and what is the reason behind the post.

As far as Big Bear ride, I wish I could go... I have been around that area and it has some more technical trails as KTMrad was saying (different options).. Hope you have fun!! I have been doing some riding with stefano, he is really cool guy.. he seems to be very fast and able to take technical stuff well, but he never brags about it (in my book, when you are good at something you don't have to brag or proof to anyone, that would be a sign of insecurity)... he kind of teaches me around... though I have some trouble keeping up sometimes.. but well, it's all fun!!! :unsure:

I think Pee Wee Hummer is just jelous that the trails seem to be turning a little more ORANGE every weekend ;)

"How can we miss you if you won't go away?" :lol:

As you can see HH, there's a lot of KTM fans on this site!! Including myself, which plan on getting the awesome KTM990 (you should :D )... I think you are going to be hitting the wall here with your HONDA pushing... maybe you will be the next orange convert..first you fight it and then sooner or later U turn orange.. very strange... :blink::lol::lol:

O.Key... end of brand commentaries for me... this is getting very, very, very old.... :lol:;):lol:;) :boredom: :boredom:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

The way you describe the Big Bear ride intimidated me. I hear different stories from different people. Lots of people skipped the best part of the Duallies ride because they heard it was to hard. I dont want riders to skip Big Bear for the same reason. I am sorry I added the rest of the story but I didnt start the last comparisson thread but do have some knowledg on the subject. I ride alot different than most. I guess that is why I chose I different bike. ;) I hope more riders from SDAR read this post and challeng Big Bear with us. THAT IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT. I am doing it on an almost stock 650 l The worst bike ever made. :boredom: :lol:

HH, I don't always agree with what you have to say but this time I do. I think a lot of people skipped section 7 on the Duallies ride because they were intimidated. I am an intermediate rider at best and I made it through that section. It wasn't easy for me, but I made it and was proud at the end. I really want to make the Big Bear ride and try all the hard sections. I don't know if I can make it but would love to try. Challenge yourself and see what you're made of.

HH, I don't always agree with what you have to say but this time I do. I think a lot of people skipped section 7 on the Duallies ride because they were intimidated. I am an intermediate rider at best and I made it through that section. It wasn't easy for me, but I made it and was proud at the end. I really want to make the Big Bear ride and try all the hard sections. I don't know if I can make it but would love to try. Challenge yourself and see what you're made of.

Ditto.... :lol: Challenging ourselves is the only way to improve our abilities, and makes it more fun!! ;) what I don't agree is to do things in a stupid way beyond your abilities... like trying to jump the grand canyon when you have only mastered 10 feet jumps... :blink: Now, that is stupid in my book.. :boredom: Once I accomplish a new goal in difficulty (going up a technical part that seems super hard) then it just feels so good...and proud.. :boredom:

I think a lot of people skipped section 7 on the Duallies ride because they were intimidated.

I know some riders skipped 7 hard because advice from club orginizers and alotted time. :lol:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

WE will be riding together at the Big Bear ride if he can get his bike fixed by then. He rode that last year and claims its realy easy.

He must not have ridden the hero loop at Big Bear :boredom: .....cuz I don't care who you are, finishing that entire Hardways loop within the allotted time is not "really easy" .....in fact, it's not even "realy easy"......that's why they give out bragging rights plaques to the few that manage to pull it off.....did he earn a plaque?.......no plaque = no popping off ;)

He didnt finish because he rode with a slow guy, but said it was not hard and that I would have no problem on my 650L. He wasnt braging or popping of. we both agreed that the hixon Batista trail was easy like riding motto cross. He is a realy good rider who grew up riding in Montana. I think the trails are much harder there. I have talked to a few experianced riders who claim the John Bull trail is hard in a jeep but not on a bike.

How many miles is it and how many hours do we get. :lol:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I think Pee Wee Hummer is just jelous that the trails seem to be turning a little more ORANGE every weekend :boredom:

"How can we miss you if you won't go away?" ;)

Why dont you come ride with us at Big Bear, Dady O. :lol:

He didnt finish because he rode with a slow guy, but said it was not hard and that I would have no problem on my 650L. He wasnt braging or popping of. we both agreed that the hixon Batista trail was easy like riding motto cross. He is a realy good rider who grew up riding Montana. I think the trails are much harder there. I have talked to a few experianced riders who claim the John Bull trail is hard in a jeep but not on a bike.

How many miles is it and how many hours do we get. B)

I'd have to find the roll chart to get the correct mileage as I don't remember what it was.....probably ~125 miles (?).....mostly dirt and a few sections like Allesandro which I would categorize as pretty challenging for my skill level, some deep water crossings, etc......I believe you're requested to wait until 6:30am to start......folks finish anywhere from 5pm to (?). I'll be there with my son and a few other friends......one of whom has never ridden in a dualsport event before.....so we may or may not opt for a few of the hardways but we won't be busting our ass to earn a plaque......I'd rather enjoy the scenery/day and take it as it comes....see how my friend Mark does, etc....I enjoy just getting out and riding in the mountains/introducing others to the sport....

Good luck in your quest to snag a plaque....

I'd love to go on the Arrowhead ride this weekend with Dig Dug and the gang.....I've never ridden there......but I can't swing the 6am-6pm(+) hall pass this Sat....some other time.....

I think Pee Wee Hummer is just jelous that the trails seem to be turning a little more ORANGE every weekend ;)

"How can we miss you if you won't go away?" B)

Why dont you come ride with us at Big Bear, Dady O. B)

Thanks for the invite pal, but I'll be in Hawaii B)

We'll get together sometime. D38 racing starts up again on Sept. 23 at Plaster City East :o

p.s. Dady O - clever! :D

"I'd rather enjoy the scenery/day and take it as it comes....see how my friend Mark does, etc....I enjoy just getting out and riding in the mountains/introducing others to the sport...."

I agree with crawdaddy on this one.. Some of us enjoy riding along nature paths in an easy pace enjoying the scenery.... it's not challenge, speed, and hard stuff all the time... people ride off-road for different reasons.. sometimes I'm in the mood for challenge and speed, and sometimes I just want to take it easy and take my time.. stop to look at the sunset.. look at plants.. B)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

"I'd rather enjoy the scenery/day and take it as it comes....see how my friend Mark does, etc....I enjoy just getting out and riding in the mountains/introducing others to the sport...."

I agree with crawdaddy on this one.. Some of us enjoy riding along nature paths in an easy pace enjoying the scenery.... it's not challenge, speed, and hard stuff all the time... people ride off-road for different reasons.. sometimes I'm in the mood for challenge and speed, and sometimes I just want to take it easy and take my time.. stop to look at the sunset.. look at plants.. B)

Me to. My surf trips with board,, wife, her two purses, Three pairs of shoes,make up, and camping gear. Thats what I origanaly bought my L for.

Its kinda funny my brother in laws bug me to buy a Harley, everyone else tels me to buy a KTM. I cant please anybody. :o But I am riding to the bars with them this afternoon. Metal Twister posted bar to bar anytime. Today its bar to bar Harley style. ;)

Its kinda funny my brother in laws bug me to buy a Harley, everyone else tels me to buy a KTM. I cant please anybody. :o But I am riding to the bars with them this afternoon. Metal Twister posted bar to bar anytime. Today its bar to bar Harley style. B)

Hey Hammer, you got me all wrong. I for one think both of your bikes are kick booty. You are dyed in the wool RED. Very Cool!!! Like I said Bar to Bar, anytime!!! Hot Shot! Maybe no body gets hurt this way? ;) Bar stool to Bar stool, anytime Hot Shot!!! The first and last round are on me in Ensanada. See ya? With all this Bar talk, who's the flamer being flamed here? am I the flamee?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Its kinda funny my brother in laws bug me to buy a Harley, everyone else tels me to buy a KTM. I cant please anybody. B) But I am riding to the bars with them this afternoon. Metal Twister posted bar to bar anytime. Today its bar to bar Harley style. ;)

Hey Hammer, you got me all wrong. I for one think both of your bikes are kick ass. You are dyed in the wool RED. Very Cool!!! Like I said Bar to Bar, anytime!!! Hot Shot! Maybe no body gets hurt this way? B) Bar stool to Bar stool, anytime Hot Shot!!! The first and last round are on me in Ensanada. See ya? With all this Bar talk, who's the flamer being flamed here? am I the flamee?

You gotta let me buy all the middle rounds. I better bring lots of money :o Before after or during the race. B)

You gotta let me buy all the middle rounds. I better bring lots of money B) Before after or during the race. ;)

Before, during, and after. Yes!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I think Pee Wee Hummer is just jelous that the trails seem to be turning a little more ORANGE every weekend :D

"How can we miss you if you won't go away?" :D

Why dont you come ride with us at Big Bear, Dady O. :D

Thanks for the invite pal, but I'll be in Hawaii ;)

We'll get together sometime. D38 racing starts up again on Sept. 23 at Plaster City East :D

p.s. Dady O - clever! :D

When you go to Hawaii you gotta bring your guns.

Big wave guns that is.

Live to ride.

post-465-1180300881_thumb.jpg