Sign in to follow this  
650hucker

KTM 350 'Freeride'

Not exactly sure what they mean by 'freeride' but it almost looks like a smaller 350? Awesome trails and bike anyhow

The "freeride" name is related to same chassis design etc as the new electric off road model KTM are bringing out (soon?) with lighter / lower frame and with volume hopefuly cheaper, a nice combo bringing the new chassis and the modified 350 4 stroke engine. Does sound like a great bike, talked to a KTM dealer friend in UK a few weeks ago and they are expecting a very limited 2012 model batch in March then 2013 models in may. Spec is TBD but should be fully road legal everywhere, price in UK was about same as a 250XC so quite a bit cheaper than a 350XCFW and EXC but not beginner bike pricing, unknown as for US as yet.

I was thinking about something like this the other day in my garage looking at some of my old bikes from the 70's. Out in the Dez or in Mexico where I might hit 90+ or some unexpected obsticle I think I need 12" of travel. But for single track or play riding it would be nice to have a smaller lighter bike and 9 or 10 inches of travel should be plenty. I watched Crawdaddy on his short little WR250 paddle right thru some tough stuff that gave me problems. I still want the power and light weight of my KTm but 3 or 4 inches less seat height would really be nice at times. This might be the bike for the Sierra's.

CiD

Edited by Covered in Dust

That sounds awesome. I guess it only has around 9 inches of travel, which is plenty for places like corral and pine valley...I think that's all my 650 has anyways, and if it was tuned better, it'd be perfect.

That sounds awesome. I guess it only has around 9 inches of travel, which is plenty for places like corral and pine valley...I think that's all my 650 has anyways, and if it was tuned better, it'd be perfect.

Found the euro bike spec and it has 10+ inches travel which as you say if tuned right is plenty for most off road riding.

350 freeride specs

I feel sick I want this bike so bad. Going to go to NCY and put a deposit on one. Don't tell my wife, I said I'd sell a bike before I bought another.

CiD