blind_in_1_ear

my local shop experiences are lackluster aka maybe it's just me...

I think all feedback is important to help any shop give better customer service. I've forwarded this to Paul.

I don't think it's really fair to bash most shops. We can all have different experiences at the same shop. I go to North County Yamaha because for me it's like Cheers (everybody knows my name). The next guy may not have the same experience as me. That said they don't always have the part I need in stock so I usually call first to see and if they don't then I just order over the internet.

CiD

OK, GP came through today with a 59030040000 timing cover gasket. They did NOT have the copper sealing rings for the oil lines, but it's certainly a step in the right direction. Service was kind, courteous and prompt, part was on the counter when I arrived.

I don't think it's really fair to bash most shops. We can all have different experiences at the same shop. I go to North County Yamaha because for me it's like Cheers (everybody knows my name). The next guy may not have the same experience as me.

And I don't think that good. In your situation, Chris, is it fair to say the shop is great if you know everyone, but if not, your experience will be very different?

I've been (many years ago) a member of a shop that treated me very well, and it was great, but I couldn't beleive how poorly the customers that were not of the "in" crowd were treated. I believe a business, especially retail, should create a welcoming experience for all customers. It should not be intimidating to walk into a new place and be served a cuppa attitude until you've been vetted by it's cognoscenti. For example- this shop had a waiting list for service of 7-10 days- for the suckers. Those of us in the know, could bring a six-pack of COLD beer of the right BRAND, at the right time of day, and place it in the bottom shelf corner of the workbench- wordlessly- and presto, your bike would move to the top of the list, complete in 24 hours or less.

I think comparing experiences (bashing?) about shops is of benefit to all- those shops that do not welcome new business won't be bothered with newbies, and those that treat every customer fairly, courteously and completely deserve more business.

(this comment is not about any (current) shop in particular)

Got'a be a tall order to "be everyone's friend, where everyone knows your name" .drinks.gif

On the other side of the counter: Does this guy know what he is talking about? Is he spending $5.95 or $595? Is he here to chat or do business? Are the guys in line getting edgy?

One would think, the more money you have spent at the shop would tend to cheer up the staff And encourage a higher level of service. It is a luxury to stop by 10:00 on Tuesday AM vs 5:30PM Friday. Less pressure for all, as well as time for non-stock parts to ship.

dirol.gif

The problem seems to generally effect all the dealerships, I got a discount card via e-mail from Yamaha, took it to Motoworld and bought some oil and the girl up front had to call the mgr to ask if they were a Yamaha dealer LOL. I buy as much as possible online as do most everyone I know.