Sign in to follow this  
bigwvjumper

Death Valley Daze 2012

WTF!!!! Just got a recorded saying that Furnace Creek Campgrounds will be installing new utilities starting Feb 1st, that they will honor my reservation at another campground. This is not good!

I will be staging a "unorganized" Occupy at Furnace Creek Campgrounds Feb 1, 2012

There is always camp at Panimant Springs Resort on the west side of the park I suppose. That is where the ADV nOOb rally staged last year. Private campground I think too. There is free dispersed camping in DV if you are far enough off the main roads I believe. I forget exactly so don't quote me.

WTF!!!! Just got a recorded saying that Furnace Creek Campgrounds will be installing new utilities starting Feb 1st, that they will honor my reservation at another campground. This is not good!

I will be staging a "unorganized" Occupy at Furnace Creek Campgrounds Feb 1, 2012

Conspiracy theory--they are trying to break up the ride. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Sure seems wrong..I'm mad because I had one of the BEST tent spots reserved.....

:angry2: if the park is going to close a campground for routine maintenance/upgrages for several months...Don't they know that ahead of time?????....SHUT THE FREAKIN ONLINE RESERVATIONS OFF FOR THAT TIME FRAME.....and couldnt' they start on Monday after the weekend when the campground has MANY reservations.....We all reserved these sites many months ago....

They ARE going to put us in the campground across the street not far from furnace creek....SO all is not lost....the Non Event will still go on!!!

They are moving some to one place and others to a different place depending on tent camping or trailer/motorhome is my understanding. Maybe we should start calling and try and get them to close on Monday the 6th like debbie suggested.

Chris

Conspiracy theory--they are trying to break up the ride. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Yes, it's a big conspiracy!!! They should be happy collecting our money for the campground site fees, especially in the middle of no where like Death Valley! Now no RV's at Texas Springs Campground will be allowed effective Feb 1, 2012. They want to split up campsites with tents only at Texas Springs, RV's at Sunset 1/2 mile away. This is a bunch of B.S.