NEWBIE RIDE MY A** ......If that was a newbie ride , I Quit...

Then again It was just like all the past newbie rides, A few broken parts, a couple of wrong turns, Orange-ride almost running head on into a jeep..and everyone riding close enough behind the guy in head of you, as to snort in as much fresh roosted D606 dust as humanly possible..not sure who the newbies even were, i will figure it out while catching up on all the post's...I used to only have to remember one or two new riders names a outing, but this time I was a Newbie.. when there is more than Ten riders or so, it does become very hard to stick to our / wait for the rider behind you at every split or turn... so for the next ride I'd like to tie 20 foot long bungee's from bike to bike ...Just thinkin out load here.

For the rest of you still lost up in lagunas right now, you can see these tomorrow..

aa1gj4.jpg

aa2en0.jpg

aa3dp6.jpg

aa4ni5.jpg

aa5ao2.jpg

aa6lu4.jpg

aa7hq1.jpg

aa8mx1.jpg

aa9ro5.jpg

aa10hg9.jpg

aa11ky4.jpg

aa12ef4.jpg

aa13os6.jpg

aa14cp5.jpg

aa15wz7.jpg

aa16nz2.jpg

aa18sx8.jpg

aa19pf3.jpg

aa20dg3.jpg

And Yet Another First........

............................................ DIRT DAME / FIRST S.D.A.R. FEMALE RIDER ...............................................

I followed her thu that single track deep/deep sand section on the way out of Mc Cains.

and she'll give most of you here a run for your money,,,,

THANKS TO METAL TWISTER FOR POST'N A RIDE...

Kaw'ee.

Edited by dirt dame

[/img]

NEWBIE RIDE MY A** ......If that was a newbie ride , I Quit...

waiting for (1hour) photo's...........will post them here tonight I hope.,

for the rest of you still lost up in lagunas right now, you can see them tomorrow..

Kaw'ee.

I just got in, and I know for a fact everybody made it down the mountain! I was going to ride this ride at the slowest persons pace. Had no idea it was going to be me!

Thanks to everyone for showing up, Specially those comming from North County. It was nice to make so many friends so fast, and its true, the nicest people ride motorcycles. Sorry Shiftless had to drop out early but there's always next time.

I snaped a few shots with my new camera. I just have to figure out how to post them. Soon I hope.

Well with some help from my whiz kids I think Ive got some pics. up.

Shortly after leaving the asphalt, the rider formally known as "I don' have a cool nickname" earns his wings. and is Hence forth dubbed "Shiftless" Cool nick name!

Picture009.jpg

With some sharp minds working at warp speed, a vice grip was donated for a new shifter.

Picture008-1.jpg

Our first well deserved rest. Man its fun listening to all these pit racers!

Picture011.jpg

I could here them laughing and B.S.ing from way back here.

Picture010-1.jpg

Any idea where this is? Guy posed for us to get a feel for the size of the base. there HUGE!

Picture015-1.jpg

Awsome

Picture014-1.jpg

these next two speak for themselves. There was some discussion about their flag?

Picture017.jpg

Picture019.jpg

The sand snakes are thick in Mc Cains Valley this year. We had to wait for these two to clear the road, and they were not in any hurry!

sand20tree20trunks.jpg

I can only speak for my self, I sure appreciate this bunch. From the seasoned veteran "Ride Orange, The trooper from north county "Dirt Dame", Evil Kenivel

"Shiftless", the "Two wheels" terror, Iron man "carguy". Climb on again "kawie" and everybody else. Thanks for a great time and all the laughs. My life is richer just knowing you guys. Thanks again Bob

Rumers that there was tickets written at P.V. is that true?

The starting point at the Pine Valley Trail Head

20070520ThingValley-PineCreek003.jpg

Anybody else in?

and yes bicycles are welcome also.

Pine Creek Road

20070520ThingValley-PineCreek006.jpg

This guy couldn't keep up with us so he took Noble Canyon back down to the starting point.

Deer Park Rd & Sunrise Hwy

20070520ThingValley-PineCreek007.jpg

About halfway up, Pine Creek Road turns into Deer Park Road.

Somewhere on Thing Valley Rd

20070520ThingValley-PineCreek009.jpg

Somewhere else on Thing Valley Rd

20070520ThingValley-PineCreek010.jpg

Coming back up Thing Valley Road was the best part of the ride. Everyone just kept going faster and faster as we got to the higher elevations. I had the throttle pinned on my poor little DR most of the way up as I rode through a cloud of dust. I was barely able to keep up. I couldn't see the bumps in the road for all the dust and I was just hanging on for dear life. All the bumps were surprises. When the handlebars hit you in the chest, you know you hit a bump.

Surprises are fun as long as you don't have anything painful to remember them by. Yes, I hit a few "surprise" bumps and was nearly pitched over the handlebars a few times. Well, that's an exaggeration, but the rear wheel did get uncomfortably high a few times.

At one point I heard a loud thunk as I hit a basketball sized rock. I just missed it with the front wheel but it caught the side of the bike close to the shift lever. I stopped to inspect the bike expecting to find broken parts and oil dribbling all over the place, but everything was fine. Metal Twister was behind me and he said the rock bounced to the other side of the road.

We Continued the ride - but I went a little more slowly after that.

McCain Valley

20070520ThingValley-PineCreek011.jpg

Good Ride - Thanks to the people who made it happen and thanks to everyone who showed up.

Great people make for great rides. Mescalero had some trouble right out of the gate and had to bail out. I hope your quest was productive Mescalero, we missed you! Thanks to 'Twister for posting this ride and keeping an eye out for everyone from the sweep spot :lol: To answer Kaw'ee's question, I think the only true noob was "I don' have a cool nickname" who henceforth (with a little help from Admin) shall have the cool nickname of "Shiftless" thanks to 'Twister's quick wit (PM request sent to Admin :lol: ). I think Shiftless was a little apprehensive at first (evidenced by the fact that he asked me to map out our route for him to carry in his pack), but after the crash he quickly learned that NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!

I think we started with 13, here's most of them at the raly point:

IMG_1843.jpg

This one proves I was there:

IMG_1844.jpg

This one proves a bunch of other guys, along with our new gal pal, dirt dame, were there (doesn't Papa look cute on his spankin' new 450EXC! I'm soo proud of you Alex!) :lol: :

IMG_1845.jpg

Here come Shiftless down the trail after the crash, in first gear:

IMG_1848.jpg

With 'Twister and Guy hot on his tail making sure he wasn't left behind:

IMG_1849.jpg

When we caught the rest of the group at the Thing/Fred split, my first thought was "What's that funny smell?"

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

All I could figure was that maybe it was Kaw'ee's new "Eau de Weedbrain" perfume (missed you bro, glad you're back!)?

IMG_1850-1.jpg

When we reached Golden Acorn, this guy was waiting for us to check license plates:

Dad.jpg

Not really, that's my DAD!

A coulple of cold drinks and we were off on the rest of our run (that's when I started sweeping and stopped taking pictures).. Thanks to Baja Huskies for letting me try-out the TE610. I'm not going to buy one, but it was sure lighter and more flickable than my 625. I'm sure it would take a little getting used to :lol:

I give carguy the ironman award this weekend, I rode hard with him saturday and i see he rode with you guys sunday,

I give carguy the ironman award this weekend, I rode hard with him saturday and i see he rode with you guys sunday,

SO TRUE, carguy is the man! A true SDAR leader!

Thanks for joining us carguy B)

Seems like you guys had another fun ride!! :( I was planning on joining and actually I'm the one who invited the new member shiftless.. Sorry I had to miss but was feeling sick in bed... there will be a next one... I'm glad my guest is well and was taken care of by you good guys... B)

Edit: I just found out my guest was not shiftless, my friend Joaquin just told me he had a lot of fun and I missed some good Ceviche Tostadas prepared by his wife Dana out there at McKain Valley.. :(

Quote;;........ Ride-Reckless...........

When we caught the rest of the group at the Thing/Fred split, my first thought was "What's that funny smell?"

All I could figure was that maybe it was Kaw'ee. (missed you bro,):

It wasnt me Bro'.. I think it was carguys monkey-butt from the dualie ride the day before...

Here is some different angles of the same stuff.

BTW if you smelled my monkey butt, it would have cleared the mountain. :(

The staging

c021.jpg

Regroup on Pine Creek.

c022.jpg

Pit stop in the shade.

c024.jpg

c025.jpg

Kawee in true form, Welcome back! :(

c027.jpg

I don't get the lay down kiss the KTM wheel thing yet? B):wacko::(B):huh:

c028.jpg

Ranger Bob seemed kinda harsh stopping every bike on McCain to check tags! :(

Dad.jpg

Not really, that's my DAD!

Anyone ever tell you , you look just like your dad. !!!

scan0012dg9.jpg

Sorry RON' , but I seem to have alot of free time all the sudden,

W O W ! E X C E L L E N T !

Great Stuff, and great to see you back KAWEE !

I'll see you all out there next time !

That was certainly fun :D I enjoyed our trailride on Sunday. The weather was pretty warm and as Kawee pointed out there was plenty of dust to go around. Luckily I remembered to bring goggles this time and was missing only my white cane with a red tip on it, out there in the dust. The TE was a joy to ride now that the suspension is dialed in, and its biggest failing is a certain amount of vibration that is noticeable on extended pavement running (my lower legs tingled when I got back to the staging area)

I want to thank all the people who came out for the ride and made it fun, and thank everybody who brought cameras and took pictures. I love photo-documentation on a ride so I can take a look and re-live the ride over and over and show other people what they were missing. I am thinking of getting a new-fangled digital camera myself, because I don't want to take my 35 year old Minolta SRT101(the tank) out on the trails or we'll beat each other to pieces.

I missed the ride back up through the mountains, because I was a bit tired and have this bad habit of always cleaning and servicing my bike the minute I get home, so I wanted to make sure I got home in plenty of time to shovel out my air box so I could find my air cleaner and wash the dust out of it :D

If anybody wants to ride a really REALLY BAD sand wash, I know where there's one out there way worse than the one we rode in on our way back to the pavement. Just ask and I'll take you there and let you go in, 'cause I'm not gonna!

Great ride, good time, papa was happy to see all of you and to ride his new machine:D

Thanks everybody, and see you on the next one :D

I don't get the lay down kiss the KTM wheel thing yet? :D:wacko::blink::D:huh:

It's all about praying to the KTM Gods so that you don't break on the way home! (OOPS! that was top secret KTM-info. I hope I didn't just type that out loud! :lol: )

ALEX! How did the adjustment work for you???

Anyone ever tell you , you look just like your dad. !!!

Sorry RON' , but I seem to have alot of free time all the sudden,

:lol::P:D:P :lol2:

No need to be sorry Kaw', He's gone now and I really miss him sometimes :D I just wish I had his HAIR! :lol:

:crazy:

Thanks guys and girl for the patience you showed riding with a true noob, I had a fun time. Next time I will have an extra shifter

Bill

AKA Shiftless AKA No Shift AKA I forgot what I was supposed to be called.!

:bomb:

Thanks guys and girl for the patience you showed riding with a true noob, I had a fun time. Next time I will have an extra shifter

Bill

AKA Shiftless AKA No Shift AKA I forgot what I was supposed to be called.!

Its all good Bill, glad you could make it. The sand Gods were smiling on you!

facesand.jpg

was the Rut Gods that were pissed. :crazy: Hang Tough till next time!

I owe someone a pair of pliers does anyone know who that is so I can send them a new pair?

I do! It was me, Bill (2). Just got back in town & enjoy seeing the write up. I just joined SDAR & my 1st post so please forgive. Thanks everyone for such a great time. I can't wait to go again & hopefully retain more names & handles - there were so many I couldnt keep names or faces intact for long. Ride Orange, Alex (man, he NEVER sits down!), 2 or more Bobs, Ron, Mimi, 'Shiftless' Bill, & many more made it a great time for such a newb. Thanks again all.

No worries on the vise-grips Bill - hopefully we'll catch up soon on another ride.