New problem developing this morning. My partner wants to quit. He}s hearing noises in his bike that I am not hearing. He woke up this morning and said he}s done. I}m playing psycologist as best I can and have a least talked him into leaving San Ignacio for San Juanico this morning. What the future holds is in the air.

Question for the day: Why do Baja waypoints move so slowly on my GPS? They laugh at me, mock me, and steal my fuel while they stay put, not moving...

Oh no, I missed this message. You guys can do it, what's the worst case? A ride in a cattle truck home if the bike stops or I high tail it down there in the truck with all my charges:) Is Ken drinking enough water? ooooo.....I recall my turn around moment and it was not from fear just from my own stupdity but the idea of coming home with all that time off, trip planning, etc. made me continue the journey and I never regretted it. Tell Ken if a girl can do it solo soooo can he.

+1+1+1.

Eric you can't quit now and I don't care if your partner wants to go home that is ok just finish the trip alone. this is the trip of a life time for a lot of people and there is no reason you shouldn't finish it. You have the experience and the knowledge to do this so get it done, we are all at SDAR tracking your every step and hoping that you finish this great Baja trip.

I am personally guarantying that I will come and get you if you need me, I am a phone call or an email away from hitting the road to get you if trouble arises. Please don't disappoint us you have been planning and talking about this trip for a long time for you to turn back now just because your partner decided this is not for him.

again we got your back so don't worry if you have a problem alone down there, good luck and have fun down there I want to hear the all positive Eric that I know.

This is what they are riding right now!!!! Check the camp spot to the left. I want to be there

post-13968-022868900 1323362586_thumb.pn

Scorpion Bay! Went there a few years back in 4x4, I've been waiting to go back. They're camping in quite a scenic spot. Keep it up guys!

From San Juanicio

post-14322-050081200 1323374177_thumb.jp

Eric,

I am so happy that you are still pushing please don't stop but we need pictures you have been very stingy :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: with your fellow SDAR members we need details and pictures to prove where you are at, the spot signals you are sending could be alien hacked stuff: :D:D

Hola Amigos! I am happy to report that all is well, Ken is still with me, and we are pushing on. I am currently sitting in a campground in Loreto that has wireless and am using the laptop of the guy camping next to us. We've had a few unbelievable days, from camping on the beach in San Jaunico to a brutal (but fun) ride from San Juanico, La Purisma, Comondu, to Loreto. The ride was exactly how I would imagine riding on the moon - bowling ball sized lava rocks for 30 miles. Wow, it's absolutely amazing that there are any nuts & bolts still attached on my bike.

Today we are heading to Ciudad Constitution. I am not exactly sure what type of terrain awaits us, but it we can make any good time on this route we will attempt to head towards La Paz too. I can't begin to describe this adventure, it's so much more than I had imagined. Sorry about the lack of photos everyone, but SD card readers are tough to come by down here (didn't bring mine). I have the GoPro rolling and am taking 100's of still photos, so there will be much to share when I return.

Until next time amigos!

This is great news Eric I am happy that your partner is still going and I love that area where you are right now I have been there twice but with a motohome and the kids were really young back then, my favorite spot is Bahia de Conception its really a nice area to camp in and the fellow American that operates the restaurant in a palapa is a lot fun.His work starts at 10:30 or 11:00 in the morning, he goes to the street market in Mulege where he actually lives to buy what he needs to operate his restaurant for the day first, vegetables ( tomatoes, onions, lemon, green pepper and avocados) he then goes to seaport and picks up what ever the cheapest catch of the night from the fishermen, after that he tells me he buys 4 to 5 cases of beer and ice then he drives down to Bahia De Conception where his operates the only restaurant there. His cook is a lady that is usually waiting for him when he gets there to the palapa. There no doors or locks to open and no electricity and his cash register is his pockets.He then serves lunch which consist of fish tacos and fish tacos and fish tacos, do you want a drink? yes please it's beer, one kind only and that is the beer one sale in town the only thing that is special is guacamole it's made fresh to order, he stays there until 4:00 to 5:00 pm or until he runs out of food and beer then goes home drunk because he has been drinking a beer for everyone he sells.We were suppose to stop there for a day or two and we ended up spending 6 days in there he was feading us lunch and early dinner our total cost for food was 25 to 30 dollars per day for a family of four.We have gone back the following for fish taco diet that lasted a week and he was still there and that was in 2006 so I am wondering if he's still there.

Made it to Cabo last night about 6:00. We cheated a bit on Hwy 1 only because we wanted to make Cabo at a reasonable hour so we could enjoy Saturday night. Today is a rest and relax day, and we are going to do some much needed work on the bikes. The camping side of our trip has gone off without a hitch. The tents, sleeping bags, freeze dried foods, coffee, air mattresses, have all worked perfectly. No problems with the bikes, other than some overheating on Window Rock and KenĀ“s battery starting to die. Ken and I have our bikes wired the same for our air compressors, so I used the extension cable (cut and switched the polarity) to jump start KenĀ“s bike from mine. Worked perfect! Without question the most scenic portion of this trip was yesterdayĀ“s ride from Constitution to La Paz, it reminded me of Sedona Arizona and parts of the Grand Canyon, absolutely amazing.

Leaving tomorrow for the return leg and taking new routes.

Noticed in Cabo that there was a puddle of oil under my bike. Turns out my rear shock is DONE. I am riding home from Cabo with a blown shock and today while filling up in Loreto my riding partner informs me he is out of money! Nice. Not sure I have enough to cover his fuel for the remainder of the trip, but afterall, this is an adventure.

You guys must have had too much fun in Cabo if he spent all his money. I'm sure there are ways to get money in Mexico if needed. A couple of guys I know send money to relatives in Mexico all the time so if you need money sent someplace to pick up let us know. The ride from Constitution to La Paz was my favorite part of our ride last year also. Too bad you didn't have a chance to ride the coast from Los Barriles to Cabo but I know that was a long day for you anyway. Good luck with the shock if it get's to bad maybe a couple of us can hop on the big bikes and run one down to you.

CiD

... and today while filling up in Loreto my riding partner informs me he is out of money! Nice. Not sure I have enough to cover his fuel for the remainder of the trip, but afterall, this is an adventure.

Your ATM card works in Mexico.

The latest spot I see as of right now is San Ignacio. There's a bank right up the road in Guerrero Negro.

Looks like they are taking some dirt back!

I feel bad for that shock... it is getting some abuses in the terrain they are riding now, and with now fluid...

That said, I have my truck ready for rescue if called upon.

If somebody sees they activate the help message send me a PM so I can coordinate with the others that are on that list.

Sounds like a great trip so far....can't wait for the Ride Write-up and photos.

Good luck on the way back !

Eric,

it's Sondra (my SDAR account is offline due to email change). Ok, no messages or movement from you since yesterday. WE ARE WORRIED. Your spot says Catavina's Hotel and we called, no one has seen you.

You need to check in with me or your dad. He will post a missing person's tonight and we will be in Ken's truck tomorrow to go looking for you.

If anyone can tell me description of their bikes(make/model/anything) please e-mail me atsl92102@gmail.com so I can forward it to his dad. I think Eric's is WR 250

The last post was sent to me by Sondra and his dad told her to post it on SDAR her account has a problem so she emailed me the text to post it for her.

Eric bike is YAMAHA WR450 and not a wr250 like she stated I think it's blue.

6374ba32.jpg76481884.jpg

1324192693[/url]' post='117698']

Eric,

it's Sondra (my SDAR account is offline due to email change). Ok, no messages or movement from you since yesterday. WE ARE WORRIED. Your spot says Catavina's Hotel and we called, no one has seen you.

You need to check in with me or your dad. He will post a missing person's tonight and we will be in Ken's truck tomorrow to go looking for you.

If anyone can tell me description of their bikes(make/model/anything) please e-mail me atsl92102@gmail.com so I can forward it to his dad. I think Eric's is WR 250

Eric, it's Sondra again. Your dad and I are driving down leaving my house Sunday at 8:00 AM if we don't see your spot tracker moving or a check-in message.

Maybe Eric forgot to turn his Spot on.

Maybe it is not working. ( Dead Battery's )

Eric has been good with the Spot but I would not jump to conclusions just yet.

Just my opinion.

I have spoken with Eric's father. He has my full logistical support (I have to fly on Monday).

And I do agree with Ken that the issue is most likely dead batteries or a lost tracker. The area they are in can be without phone and internet, especially after the recent storms - power in the area may even be out.

I just got a call from Sondra and Eric's dad they are confirming that we are not leaving tomorrow morning at 8:00am. We will give this a day to rest and develop and go from there, David contribute to the making of the decision and I believe it's the right one I hope we are right on this one.

Eric, If you read this please post here ASAP and call your dad, me or Sondra ASAP and let us know why your spot did not send a message today and you have failed to let anyone know why??????? Your dad is very worried and he's making everyone worry way too early and I hope he's dead wrong on this one. You have been good at sending messages and communicating your location to us up until today, vacation is not over yet you are still in Baja and need to do your part of the commitment by let us know where you are and how you're doing.

Driss

Erics Spot is moving again. Must have spent a day at pool at Cativina ! :D

Driss - Ouch

Ken - I think we both felt the same. Possibility of no power/battery, internet, etc.. especially after the storm.

Good to see Eric is moving again. Last night I packed up my truck for a major search operation. I doubt it will be needed now, but if it is Sondra, Driss, and Eric's Dad (and many others) have my contact info and my keys will be available.

Eric - You gave some people a major scare, but your ability to handle yourself in Baja left some of us unconcerned...and glad glad that were where not wrong about the lack of contact. Enjoy your ride home and we look forward to the report; don;t forget to explain your extended period off the grid! :rolleyes:

All is well. We were hit with a torrential down pour in Catavina, hurricane like conditions, and decided to stay dry and stay put. There is no internet connection in Catavina so I did send out an OK message but assuming it didnĀ“t make it. We had some issues on the Catavina single tracks that will make for great stories when I write the trip up. Staying at Coyote Cals tonight, home tomorrow.