Sign in to follow this  
Strega

Major update at DualSportMaps.com today!

Well, there have been some major improvements on DualSportMaps.com today, and here's what the boss (CraftyCoder) had to say:

Big news today for dualsportmaps.com. I just updated the website to allow users to create blank maps. Even better, is that you can now copy tracks from other peoples tracks and waypoints to a clipboard and then save that clipboard to a new map or one of your current maps. Combining these features with the great track creating/editing features this website is really a fantastic trip planning tool! - CraftyCoder

This is awesome, I just created a trip from scratch and it worked perfectly. Now you can copy portions of tracks from trips other people have posted and place them on your own map and create your own trip. You can also draw in your own tracks at the same time if you'd like too. While drawing, you can switch between the standard Map, Satellite, Terrain, OSM, USGS, or NRCan for the Cannuckistanians. This is an awesome feature because you can switch between these WHILE you are drawing, you don't have to terminate a track first to change the map type. Absolutely incredible too.

Have ya ever clicked "Show Weather Radar" on the top right?? It takes a bit to load, but how cool is that??

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

This looks really cool Roger. I'll take a look at it over the weekend. I'm going to throw together a few routes to Bishop in the coming weeks.

Awesome! Ive been drawing it in google earth, then converting the kmz to gpx, then uploading it to the site. This will save like 3 or 4 steps...

Was not expecting Rush haha. How about we find you a hot chick to do the background narration... ala Fuel TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY6D9kCY670

If you don't Log In to DualSportMaps we're gonna kill these kitties!

All in all, I do appreciate this feature. I remember inquiring about the possibility to create your own maps and you guys made it happen. Thanks.

The "Create Blank Map" isn't on the header after I click on GPX. Am I missing something?

The "Create Blank Map" isn't on the header after I click on GPX. Am I missing something?

Eddie are you logged in? I believe you must have an account on the site to "Create Blank Map"

Yep, logged in.

Eddie are you logged in? I believe you must have an account on the site to "Create Blank Map"

Eddie, I logged into dualsportmaps today and it said the software had been updated. I noticed that the "Create Blank Map" icon moved from the right end of the tabs (like in the video) to the middle of the tabs. Maybe check there? Strega is always responsive, try PMing him as well. Good luck.

Yeah, I'm in contact with Strega.

I don't have that particular tab.

Eddie, I logged into dualsportmaps today and it said the software had been updated. I noticed that the "Create Blank Map" icon moved from the right end of the tabs (like in the video) to the middle of the tabs. Maybe check there? Strega is always responsive, try PMing him as well. Good luck.

Now I can Thanks!

Can you see it now? Layout was changed.

Strega, what do you recommend as the "most accurate" of the map options?

Map, Satellite, Terrain, OSM, USGS

I've noticed some slight differences between them. I doubt it will matter on the trail. I need to get my GPS running and then use those actual routes as the correct tracks, not the ones I draw.

Strega, what do you recommend as the "most accurate" of the map options?

Map, Satellite, Terrain, OSM, USGS

I've noticed some slight differences between them. I doubt it will matter on the trail. I need to get my GPS running and then use those actual routes as the correct tracks, not the ones I draw.

From my experience, the Satellite view seems to be the closest I've seen.

I think they're all close enough that no matter which one you draw in, you're gonna be close enough that it won't have much of an effect on ya while riding. The GPS just gets you on the right road and you really only need to look at it for turns n such.

I'm working on a very large set of tutorial videos right now for DualSportMaps which should be REALLY helpful for people learning how to master track creation and track uploading & editing.

I'm too lazy to write down everything I say to get it translated by a female :P