X-country-Rider

San Diego County Back Country Adventure Route

Some of the mods on ADVRider are utterly ridiculous. I started a thread in the West Forum about my website WhereAmIRiding.com and for some reason a mod moved it to the 'Vendor' forum. I was told that people had complained about my post because there was a 'Donate' button on the site. They said that because I had the donate button on the site that I was considered a vendor. I had copied that specific module over from another site of mine and hadn't even thought about it. I instantly removed the Donate button and replied to the admin that had been remove, the site was free, always will be free, and I never got a response. I emailed the admin again to address the issue and I told him I would just start a new thread so he wouldn't have to worry about finding it and moving it. I was told if I created a new thread that I would be banned and that the discussion was over and if I messaged him about it again, he would ban me.

Craftycoder had the same thing happen with the DualSportMaps because there is an Android App on his site that is for sale for using on your smart phones. The site is completely free but because he happens to have an App for sale, they moved him to the vendor section as well. I think that's complete bullsh*t when there are people out there spending HUNDREDS of hours on things that benefit the community in so many ways to be treated that way by a$$hole admins.

I don't know anything about the ban above, this was just my personal experience with ADVRider admins.

The fake n00b didn't last long did it Craig? :lol: And that probably just set his mind that he was right in making it perm.

Did you try a different IP address?

That was my thought as well (not that I've ever done anything like that before )

That was my thought as well (not that I've ever done anything like that before )

I created a new hotmail email address and applied for an account with my smart phone. They gave me an account with the name socaladv and was able to post for a day but GB was probably monitoring our thread or? The problem is the mods have absolute power on the forum and don't have to justify decisions with anyone. The forum is also to big so stomping on individual users does not really negatively effect the site. Its a recipe for abuse. I think smaller regional ADV forums is the answer to this issue.

Something dark and sinister about the gestopo mod squad over at ADVRIDER. Cool site but mods are out of control.

HateTML.jpg

I created a new hotmail email address and applied for an account with my smart phone.

If you are on a wireless router you should be able to unplug and plug it in again and get a new IP also, IIRC. I am a mod on another site (unrelated) and own a forum as well (also unrelated), so I have to monitor this stuff too. I try to "rule" with an eye towards tolerance, and not be a "Nazi"! People need to lighten up and not be so sensitive!

Remember Rodney King; "Why can't we all just get along"?!

I just read this in the rules over at ADV Rider.

"8. No multiple user ID's. Fake n00bs, aka Multiple User IDs, are, except in exceptional circumstances, merged with the originator. Or both IDs may be banned. Try and sign up as a fake n00b while you are banned, and your temporary time-out might become permanent. If you are trying to change your user name, go to the thread in the Ask Baldy, Blame AceRph forum."

The fake n00b didn't last long did it Craig? :lol: And that probably just set his mind that he was right in making it perm.

"8. No multiple user ID's. Fake n00bs, aka Multiple User IDs, are, except in exceptional circumstances, merged with the originator. Or both IDs may be banned. Try and sign up as a fake n00b while you are banned, and your temporary time-out might become permanent. If you are trying to change your user name, go to the thread in the Ask Baldy, Blame AceRph forum."

Good catch Kris but Craig didn't create a new ID till AFTER the ban was made perm with no explanation. At least if there was one it hasn't been shared with us. His "vacation" was originally supposed to be over on the 20th. When he tried to get on advrider on the 20th his ban had been changed to perm.

Craig, feel free to correct any errors in the series of events.

Good catch Kris but Craig didn't create a new ID till AFTER the ban was made perm with no explanation. At least if there was one it hasn't been shared with us. His "vacation" was originally supposed to be over on the 20th. When he tried to get on advrider on the 20th his ban had been changed to perm.

Craig, feel free to correct any errors in the series of events.

That is correct i was banned until the 20th and when i went to log back in it said my ban was permanent. Thats when i created a new account to help with the ride organization. I had a nice run of about 3 hours before the feds where on to me and kicked me off again

:wacko: Can't i catch a break? Maybe i remind the mod of his childhood bully or something.

I'm just pissed because the Admin, who is a friend of mine, wouldn't change Dan Diego's name to "Danscape" with a pair of clippers as his avatar. :angry2::angry:

I'm just pissed because the Admin, who is a friend of mine, wouldn't change Dan Diego's name to "Danscape" with a pair of clippers as his avatar. :angry2::angry:

:heh: I'm meeting one at Stone on Sat. Wanna meet with us and we can present our case? :D

I was told if I created a new thread that I would be banned and that the discussion was over and if I messaged him about it again, he would ban me.

great_powerful_oz.gif

Next best thing? Website and forum for these events...I know a guy...

What is now arguably the biggest and most successful fishing website in the world (Bloodydecks.com) was started by a few guys about 10 years ago because the 10 ton gorilla fishing site (All_oast.com) at the time was banning good guys for nada. Bloodydecks now has 82,710+ members and still kicking ass.

ADV should be careful - the bigger they are the harder they fall.

What is now arguably the biggest and most successful fishing website in the world (Bloodydecks.com) was started by a few guys about 10 years ago because the 10 ton gorilla fishing site (All_oast.com) at the time was banning good guys for nada. Bloodydecks now has 82,710+ members and still kicking ass.

ADV should be careful - the bigger they are the harder they fall.

I forget the exact site but that is how advrider started as well. Some got fed up and the rest is history.

Seems like there's a quote about a doomed history...... or repeated history. I don't remember, but president Nero might. Or might not.

Seems like there's a quote about a doomed history...... or repeated history. I don't remember, but president Nero might. Or might not.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

I don't think we're starting a revolution or anything just a humble website for organizing camping trip rides a few times a year. Strega just does nice work.