Guest Crusty

Sunday at McCain no rain Awesome fun had by everyone

Guest Crusty

Thank's to all who made the long drive, to a place it didn't rain.party.gif

I had a great ride, My 680L was getting it done fosure!coolio.gif

Thank's for letting me lead.

Looking forward to the next epic ride!unsure.gif

Craig.

Great conditions, fun ride, perfect day. thanks for the ride. Whens the next one?

Guest Crusty

Great conditions, fun ride, perfect day. thanks for the ride. Whens the next one?

Next weekend Corral Canyon.

Weekend after that Hixon Alesandro trails in Anza.

With a day at Pala in there somewhere.

Great meeting all of you guys/gals there today. The conditions were very good and I'm getting used to my new bike. Can't wait till next ride!

Thanks for leading today Crusty, especially after Bob tried to kill me early on :wacko: ...... Bruce and I really enjoyed the whole morning and riding with you all!!!

Thanks for leading today Crusty, especially after Bob tried to kill me early on :wacko: ...... Bruce and I really enjoyed the whole morning and riding with you all!!!

I feel like I need to defend myself here (kind of)...the main trails are all pretty simple, right? Still fun, but simple...craig noticed michael @ the tree, and we said we would run up to the ridge line and they could catch us on the main trail. I've already admitted, I don't know most of the trails out there...but I picked a little singletrack to get up to the ridge...it started out simple enough; then had a squeeze or two; then an off camber rock face...then...the step...

I rode up it with Rory right behind me...and quickly decided I shouldn't subject everyone to this trail...hopped off my bike and tried pantomime to say "I'll come back down"...which diva apparently read as "come on up"... And she did; with a small hiccup and a broken signal; she pulled her "diva card" and had bruce take it the last 10 feet. Then she said "I want to try it again"

THAT KICKS A S S!!! So she tried it again...and again...so...she claims attempted murder, I claim attempted suicide

That was all erased from memory by her climb up a loose rocky hill though...craig motored up easy enough and she was right behind him

I tried to follow and dug in- having to turn around and start over- SO..by the end of the day, she was outriding me!

Got back to the tree and noob has separated his stem from his tube (and he was still trying to add air..lol) and his chainguard got jacked up- we both had afternoon plans so we cut it short, but had a great ride

Nice meeting new people- we'll go for corral next week!

Arrived sometime after 10 and had fun, though I ended up riding THE GOOD STUFF all by myself. It's always more fun with other people along, but apparently everybody was all done doing any real riding by the time I arrived. Oh well....maybe next time. Got back to the Jeep by 12:45 and was on the freeway before the rain began.

I feel like I need to defend myself here (kind of)...

she claims attempted murder, I claim attempted suicide

Sorry, my bad - no need to defend yourself here, it's all in great fun - that was one of my favorite parts of the day - and I still think I could have hung on over the very top if I just had longer legs to brace myself as I gassed it thru the bush :heh: . You have to admit, it was entertaining to watch I'm sure..... Next time - that step is MINE :rolleyes:

side note to all: please don't take anything I say on this site seriously -I always assume everyone gets my sarcasm and "sense of humor" - apparently not - it's all good :D

Sounds like a great day

BUT

where are the pictures................?

Some of us need to live vicariously through these pictures....

Diva- I just didn't want people to get the idea that I lure people in to easy rides, then try to kill them...I had never been on the trail, and you did great- there were some tough obstacles on that trail and you rode them all- and rode the hill climb better than I did

Dan- with the forecast of rain, I didn't want to bring a camera-

I will next time, and color it with witty commentary

So-who want to explore corral next? I hardly ever get lost there

I enjoyed riding with the group and the conditions were perfect!

Thanks to Crusty and Bikeslut for leading.

Additional thanks to Bikeslut for giving me a ride in his truck and for the interesting conversation during the drive.

sounds like y'all had a good day.

we (my usual suspects) were up on sat morn i started on my (ds)te610 moved to a 09 kato 200xc and finished on a 11'Kato 250xc was fun and conditions were as you all said optimum. good stuff. and with no dust conga lines were fine and close riding was the word of the day.

Sounds like a great day

BUT

where are the pictures................?

Some of us need to live vicariously through these pictures....

I took a couple of shots. Sorry there aren't more, or of more people, but there weren't any people with me on my ride.

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg