Nice Vid! My stator bolts came out last year and made such a noise I shut it down quick. Got towed out and it end up costing me nada. I thought for sure I used red on them. Thanks for the ride. I enjoyed meeting everybody and found a new place to explore.

Bob (aka sdsufan)

VIDEO

I tried to keep it short for all the ADD types. Are these videos getting better? Critiques please

I usually HATE the gopro vids- can't watch more than 20 seconds or so. I'm picky.

I like this one. Quick edits, interesting terrain, nice angles good music. This is the way they ought to be.

Nicely done!

I tried to keep it short for all the ADD types. Are these videos getting better? Critiques please

YEAH GOOFY!

i really liked how it started out, the car passing was pretty cool..

funny how much little things like that can be just passed off as trivial, but the impression was cool, to me anyway

great little video man :good:

B)...reminded me of some recent good surf movies.

Pull the valvecover and see if there's anything inside. Maybe you truly got lucky. Definitely locktite those stator bolts.

Pulled both valvecovers (RFS bikes have two) and found little, if any unwelcome metal. Also had pulled the clutch cover with the same result- it all looks OK.

Now- it's entirely possible the stator was ancillary to some greater problem- I won't know until it's buttoned up and runs again. Waiting for a few parts to do that- replacing a seal (ar-ar) and couple gaskets.

So far, so good.

Yeah. Loctite stator bolts. I know what happened there- there is a little metal bracket that holds down the cable coming from the back of the stator that's hard to tighten appropriately without loosening the stator itself a little. I suspect I failed to retorque/Loctite the bolts last time I messed with the stator.

I've made bigger mistakes.dead.gif There was this blonde woman- I was 20, she was 27- it all started fun and exciting.....

Bubbagums my apologies! I don't think I ever got your screen name. Keep posting about Baja trips, maybe I'll be able to hop on one soon.

I just realized I put the wrong date on the video. Thankfully nobody noticed until now haha. I put Oct instead of Nov.

Thanks for the comments. For RR videos like this, simple POV GoPro is all I really have the capacity to do. I had a side mount but it broke off. I'm gonna try some other mounts. I'd love to get another camera out there and do some filming one day. Just trying get better in the meanwhile so feedback always helps.

all in the name of fun and exciting...