Zoot

11/18 - 11/20 North Glamis KOA

DSFox, Bendobi and I will be at North Glamis KOA that weekend. I talked to Strega and he might come as well. It's a great spot for toy haulers, a few cabins and a lot of fun riding. Hot tubs, pools and even wifi.

Come join us!

North Glamis KOA

-Zoot

Fun Place for sure: decent restaruant on site too :drinks: I don't know what I look forward to the most:

The Riding :ph34r:

The brand new full sized HOT mineral water pools, :good: or

Hanging out with ted and ben, who are the funniest guys you could meet......:heh:

(well, as funny as you are, I have to say "the riding" wins) but it's ALL good...

I have been directed over from my Agua Caliente thread. I have never been to Glamis before. It looks to be soft sand for days... I am still fairly new to riding off road. Most of the videos I see guys have paddles, I do not. I do have three days off and it's my birthday tomorrow...

What is the timeline? Which spots will you be @. I may ride out there Friday and scout...

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9553-glamis-north-koa-riding-this-weekend/page__p__96236__hl__glamis__fromsearch__1#entry96236

Not THAT Glamis.......North Glamis KOA. Click the link on the first post & check this link ^^^^^^^ for a ride report from the area. It's up against the Chocolate Mtns. You can get to the sand if you want to but there are miles of other stuff out there.

Ooooo.... North Glamis.... I plan to ride superstition tomorrow morning/afternoon and would like to meet up for the Friday night and Saturday.

Is there still room? Where/when are you all meeting up? I understand it is the Glamis North KOA, which spots? Please shoot me a text or email. Five 0 five 4 four 9 78 one seven. Hodnettjj @ Yahoo .com

Ooooo.... North Glamis.... I plan to ride superstition tomorrow morning/afternoon and would like to meet up for the Friday night and Saturday.

Is there still room? Where/when are you all meeting up? I understand it is the Glamis North KOA, which spots? Please shoot me a text or email. Five 0 five 4 four 9 78 one seven. Hodnettjj @ Yahoo .com

pm sent...there are about 7 or 8 of us going...some tenting, some trailers.....so see you tomorrow...bring all the gear you need to tent unless you want to rent a cabin.......most meals we will eat at the restaurant on site...check out the KOA Glamis North website for details also.....

For those who have never been out here...it is NOT Near Glamis, and the riding is not like Glamis at all...

(bad name for the campground for that reason, if you ask me)....this is mostly hardpack desert, yes some sand, some rocks, some washes, some mountains.....more like ocotillo wells or superstition than Glamis.....we ride portions of bradshaw trail....it's a nice place to stage from with great facilities....very pricey for camping, no doubt (tent spots $35/night.....hookups start at $50/night.....but fun none the less....

The trick is to bring enough booz that you forget the pricey. The rides out of the campground range from beginner (my 7 year old daughter, to some really frikkin cool slot canyons and 'splorin) They do have full hookups etc as well as pools, hot tubs, wifi, restaurant.. I'm in 113A. Near the "golf course." You'll understand the quotes when you arrive. I have to say, if you like towing your toy hauler into a place that caters specifically to moto .. this is the spot.

Anyone up for it, join us!

I'm bringin a total noob rider (read first time on a bike) so don't worry!

There's literally sumthin for everyone here. If you want to ride the wild stuff we can send you off with Deb.. Ooooo double entendre much? LOL She will sooooo beat me up for that one but it came in a flash of brilliance LOL

See you there!

-Zoot

Say a good word for me if you stop in at Salvation Mountain. I can use all the help I can get.

LOL She will sooooo beat me up for that one but it came in a flash of brilliance LOL

-Zoot

hey, hey now, I took it as a compliment :P

(I DID ride with the fast group last time I was there!)...and I've been tackling much harder terrain these days...must be the "riding big trips twice a month"....that's helping me....

Saturday: we do intend to do the big loop to chiriaco summit as well as the "splorin" in the canyons on the way back

see y'all out there!! :drinks: