Don't take the bait Metal Twister. Lets not turn another thread into a Honda vs Ktm debate.

ditto

Don't take the bait Metal Twister. Lets not turn another thread into a Honda vs Ktm debate.

ditto

Thanks for the concern guys, No worries!!!! wont let this one get derailed.

Ok here is the latest--- I spent yesterday morning preriding the first half of next Sundays ride. At this point I am going to presume that everybody going is a noob to dual sport riding. If you're not just disregard this stuff, it won't bother me a bit. I hope everybody has some seat time under their belt? This shouldn't be the first time on a bike. I would hope you have at least a few months riding experience. If not PM me and I might have some options for this coming weekend. For the rest of the noobs, this is a fairly long ride, no worries though! The country side is so beautiful you wont even think about how far youve ridden.

The whole trip is very easy and should be alot of fun for everybody. At this point I am going to steal some thunder from the Corral Cyn post. Everybody needs to be prepared. You should bring an extra inner tube. If your bike has two different sized tires bring a tube that fits the larger wheel.IE: if your bike has a 21" and an 18" tire, bring a spare tube for the 21" wheel. It will work in both tires. You will also need a CO2 tire filling device with at least three disposable CO2 cartridges. If you don't have a tool kit for your bike, it should be a priority. Do a search under "tool kit" it should be of some help to you. If you don't have a tool kit, don't stress about it on this ride. We should have enough tools to take care of just about anything. If you decide you like dual sporting after this ride there are some other things you will want to bring along in the future. A spare throttle and clutch cable can be run along your existing cables and zipped tied into place. When its time to change them out they are all ready to go, saving tons of time. Spare clutch and brake levers might be a good thing for a new rider. But don't rush out this week and buy this stuff. This ride is going to be very easy on the bikes.

It is also important to keep hydrated. Often, you get so into the riding you forget your using energy. You need to replace fluids often. A hydration back pack is an easy way to get your fix. Gatorade mixed with water works good for me. If you don't have a hydration pack no worries, throw a bottle of water in the back pack. We will stop often for brakes and leg stretching. It also good to throw a couple energy bars in, just incase. We will be going from the mountains to upper desert; it could be a little warm, or a little cool. Be sure to dress for success. Other than that it is just common since. There will be a trailer waiting for us at the furthest point away from the start point. If there is anything you would like take to that point, PM me so I can arrange it with Dirtrider86. I think this answers all the PM's so far. As always feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks Bob

Chime in guys if I have over looked anything that these noobs need to know!

Nicely done Bob! It makes me want to ride too. If I am not Junk from the charity ride, I'll be there. :unsure:

Is there room for another noob?? :unsure: I'll bring my own extra tube and tools... :tease:

Bob, let me know if I can be of any help... ;)

Is there room for another noob?? :unsure: I'll bring my own extra tube and tools... :blink:

You only qualify as a noob if you ride the new bike Martin! ;) I've been dyin' to get a look at that baby, see ya Sunday :tease:

Hooboy, I finally rode my TE450 from Pine Valley, down Kernan and over to Corral Canyon to test all the fiddling I have been doing with the suspension. The bike handles nicely in the rocks now, but is still heavy so I am beat half to death this evening. It was pretty warm out there on the trail today, so unless anything changes, I'll bet it'll be warm next weekend too. I think I'll throw on some vented duds for the affair. Anybody who is interested in getting new duds, ventilated or otherwise, should check out Rocky Mountain.com for their clearance deals on pants, jerseys and gloves. I wear their house brand and have found that it very nice quality for a low price :unsure: and now it's even lower.

Ok, Here it is Tuesday afternoon. I will be out of town on business Thur, Fri,Sat. Back in town late Sat. night. This ride looks like it grew some legs. Once again this is going to be a nice and easy ride. If there any lurkers who arnt signed up yet but would like to go, nows the time to sign up and be counted. If Ktmrad cant process your entry before then, just show up and introduce youself. I'd love to have you along. I sure would like to get a realistic feel for how many are going. So if replied earlyer please reply again with an, in or out. Thanks Bob

Do you guys have an estimated time you are going to be out at McCain's? I will have my 6 yr. old daughter, but am thinking about driving out there in the truck to possible get a test ride in. I haven't decided if I am bringing the trailer with the LYR or not, but I will have some cold ones, fuel and tools regardless. We may be camping somewhere, but may be helping some friends move, I won't know until Saturday for sure, I will update then. :) Ken

Do you guys have an estimated time you are going to be out at McCain's? I will have my 6 yr. old daughter, but am thinking about driving out there in the truck to possible get a test ride in. I haven't decided if I am bringing the trailer with the LYR or not, but I will have some cold ones, fuel and tools regardless. We may be camping somewhere, but may be helping some friends move, I won't know until Saturday for sure, I will update then. :) Ken

Hey Ken; I dont remember how long it took you guys on the night ride to cover the same loop? Seems you took off at 6:00 and arrived shortly after dark, maybe 9:00 or so? Think we should add 45 minutes to an hour to that because of the pace. With all that said we should be at Mc Cains around 12:45 to 1:00. Also there are some advanced riders that would like to attend. It looks like we might break into 2 groups. The advanced guys would be out there by noon, if not before. Dirtrider86 will be out there no later than 9:30. He is very anxious to get his hands on one of those huskys.

Tally Ho! (that means I'm in!)

......NO.... Saying , " Tally Ho " ..means your gay !!!....

..robyb6.jpg

queensrl4.png

...................Kaw'ees Back...... Kaw'ees in.....................

He's alive.

Guess I have to be there now. :D:)

Out of town and not getting home until Sunday morning :) . Cannot say if I will make it for this ride. May street bike over to the husky event then flat-track to the hideout for the spring fling. Or may take the KTM down Banner and up Grapevine and Jasper truck trail, then to the Hideout. Or even just flat-track to the hideout. Depends on my arrival time home. If you see a red VFR with a GIVI case or an all-black ktm sxc with a big-dumb-geared-up-white-guy on it say hello.

Cow PEE!

I knew you would miss my big orange sausage too much to stay away!

Welcome home bro! :)

Out of town and not getting home until Sunday morning :) . Cannot say if I will make it for this ride. May street bike over to the husky event then flat-track to the hideout for the spring fling. Or may take the KTM down Banner and up Grapevine and Jasper truck trail, then to the Hideout. Or even just flat-track to the hideout. Depends on my arrival time home. If you see a red VFR with a GIVI case or an all-black ktm sxc with a big-dumb-geared-up-white-guy on it say hello.

Absolutely, will be on the look out for you. Should try to make this one though, gut feeling is this ride is going to be a good one! Looks like about 25 riders at this point? Not near enough. This would be a good ride for the noobs to introduce themselves, meet a lot of riders, and get involved.

Hello fellow riders. Have been called out of town this weekend and will not be able to ride. Have a great ride and will see you next time THE DOC. ;)

We will meet at Pine Valley exit trail head. We want to keep this thing moving, so please top off your tanks and be ready to pull out at 9:00 am.

Is that just south of I-8?

Wherever it is, I guess if I show to Pine Valley and look around for a few minutes, it shouldn't be too hard to find 10+ dual sport motorcycles.

Kaw'ee - glad to have you back!

We will meet at Pine Valley exit trail head. We want to keep this thing moving, so please top off your tanks and be ready to pull out at 9:00 am.

Is that just south of I-8?

Wherever it is, I guess if I show to Pine Valley and look around for a few minutes, it shouldn't be too hard to find 10+ dual sport motorcycles.

Kaw'ee - glad to have you back!

Hey Gene, take Hwy. 8 from San Diego to the Pine Valley exit. instead if turning left which would take you back under the Hwy. 8 and to P.V... You turn right on to a dead end. We park there.

Guest Numbskull

I'm in, see you guys Sun.

Headed out to go camping with my daughter today, I will see you guys at McCain tomorrow. Ken