SteelRain

DMV AWESOMENESS!

I must have found the secret DMV.

I walked in the door at 3:55pm expecting just to get some forms.

Here is what I did:

1 - Updated Address and Renewal on Drivers License [$25]

2 - Title transfer and Registration on new(to me) bike [-$72 they owed me money???]

3 - Ask why sticker for truck has not shown up yet (sent check in June). New Stickers recieved. [$0]

4 - Ask why sticker for BMW has not shown up yet (sent check in July). New Stickers recieved. [$0]

I walked out the door with $47 MORE dollars in my bank account than I walked in the door with and I was home at 5:05.

For a trip to the DMV, which is usually an all day affair, that was awesome.

Did I mention the people behind the counter were nice and even smiled?

You must have either been in the Twilight Zone or Arizona. In Havasu I never make an appointment and usually get out in under 10 minutes for far less money than I expected (but they have not given me money yet).

CiD

I've had pretty good luck with the DMV in Poway. They actually followed up on a error (their's) and corrected the problem with a pink slip.

My last 3 trips to the DMV in Escondido have all been under a half an hour :king: but I think that that office is going to close permanently this month. :(

Hey Dave you got those stickers for sale yet ?

Let me guess: You went to AAA.

The best DMV experience with AAA!!

Not a chance. AAA is not worth what it costs. I would have never been able to get my WR plated with them (I tried).

Poway DMV is the spot!

My last 3 trips to the DMV in Escondido have all been under a half an hour :king: but I think that that office is going to close permanently this month. :(

The main office is not closing, the CDL office on Progress Place is closing.

http://apps.dmv.ca.g....jsp?foNumb=696

My last two experiences with DMV on Normal St were very positive. No appointment, fairly complex transaction, and prompt service with a smile. And the woman who helped me was (I think the kids say) "smokin hawt".

Gave me a shred of hope for the school district.

It seems to me that the dmv has finally rounded the techno curve. My last several visits to oceanside have gone pretty fast and smooth as well. In years past each visit was a complete cluster f**k. I think that faster computers and networks, new training and improved customer service standards and practices are starting to change the dmv experience. When I went to register my dualsport xr600 there were $480 worth of outstanding fees, a barganing chip that shaved off a good chunk of the purchase price. A very calm dmv counter lady (not smokin hot) was looking it over and said "oh hunny, you don't have to pay all of this" and got me out of there for $128. You can definately say my opinions have changed. :-)

I gave up a long time ago with Escondido DMV. Kids running rampant, Babies in strollers, Babies in arms all screaming all of questionable legalities here in the US.Went to Triple AAA and never looked back.Nice and quiet,friendly people and they just started doing all my off-road stuff last month.

I think that faster computers and networks, new training and improved customer service standards and practices are starting to change the dmv experience.

I remember years ago (when the Escondido DMV office was way down on Escondido Blvd) how terrible it was to go in there and all the clerks seemed to be from some other planet. :huh::lol:

It has improved slightly over the years, but only seems to have gotten really good in the past year or so.