Wing Nut

North County ride this weekend?

How long of a ride is this? What time do you plan on getting back? Are you going to return to the start point? I was thinking about trucking my bike to the glider port so I don't waste my tires.

Thanks

We are planning on a ride that's 4 to 6 hours with a lunch break somewhere we are really going with the flow I will be using a new bike (to me) and would like to get myself familiar with it before my trip to Baja next weekend. Ken as always is coming along for the ride and the pictures.

I think me and ken can run a fast pace or a slow one but whatever the group decides we will go for it and we don't care which route you want to take as long as we end up where we started at the end of the day, we are trailering the bikes there.

How long of a ride is this? What time do you plan on getting back? Are you going to return to the start point? I was thinking about trucking my bike to the glider port so I don't waste my tires.

Thanks

Yes back at the start point to retrieve the tow vehicles.

It will eat up all day would think--My guess back at the trucks at four.Mileage wise --no clue 70 give or take 30-40 depends how everybody is doing and how many flats we have and what every body wants to do like going up to Idelwild or Toro peak or just staying low.

Will you be doing Hixon and Alesandro, If so I would like to ride with you.

I have to take a customer riding Sunday. He is a good rider on a 525 KTM plated.

I didn't want to get him hurt in Vista.ph34r.gif.

If not we will be driving to Corral Canyon.

Craig.

Crusty --I will pass on Alesandro-- don,t want to scratch Driss,es new used bike.

I have to take a customer riding Sunday. He is a good rider on a 525 KTM plated.

Craig.

Crusty --I will pass on Alesandro-- don,t want to scratch Driss,es new used bike.

Ken,

You haven't yet taken me somewhere where I couldn't ride or the terrain was really so difficult that I have given up but I do know that I am the only idiot that listened to you and (David) steelrain because you told me that it was ok to go to mikes sky ranch on street tires riding my R1200GS with all three cases loaded and lived to tell about it with really 4 or 5 falls in the sand only. I did had to come home with one case tied with zip ties and if I am not mistaken I lost 20 lbs that weekend.

Now wait until I get my new R1200GS Adventure set up and let's go I learned what to do and what I need on the bike to have fun on these monsters to start crank up the dampener put some(knobbbbbies) TKC80's sit on the passenger seat and don't let go of the gas (keep smiling because Ken is always behind you with his camera when you fall).

Sorry, I am out. Sounds like a long ride. I have honey doos and an early dinner and concert date at Humphreys.

Wing Nut I will see you some other time. You guys have fun!

I was hoping for a shorter ride too. Do you know of somewhere we could go closer for a few hours in the morning?

Craig.

I would like to do both but I will ride what ever

post-13333-028866700 1318116999_thumb.jp

Guest Crusty

Well we lost 1. The KTM. had to go to Oceanside Cycle Supply. Maybe next weekend for Terry G.

Guest Crusty

It's looking like Pala Raceway for me.

hope you all have a fun-safe ride.

Craig.

I recently purchased a Drz. Mostly new to the dirt. I was looking for some more folks to ride with in the dirt. What is the current status of this ride?

It's on. I'm driving from Oceanside with my bike in my truck. Anyone want to carpool? I can drive, or load my bike in someone else's truck or trailer.

The meet up is the Warner springs glider port? I know nothing of this route, what should I expect? How technical is it considered? I am in Pacific beach, so the drive would be about an hour and a half to hey to the meet up.

The meet up is the Warner springs glider port? I know nothing of this route, what should I expect? How technical is it considered? I am in Pacific beach, so the drive would be about an hour and a half to hey to the meet up.

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it as a 5 .( 5 because it will be a all day ride and their may be some ruts and loose sand ) We will try to do all fire and forest service roads. Mabey a bit of single track- mabey no.

Yes it is a long ride --can you hook up with the oceanside guy?

Yes the meet up is the warner spring glider port, they are I believe 5 riders confirmed already the only technical part of the ride is unloading the bikes from the trailer :lol: so come and let's go have Some fun riding.

Ok does everyone know where the Warner Spring Glider Port is ? Their is a wide area along side the hyway- a Big tree . We will be parked near the tree.(9:30 -10:00 AM)

Note to all noobs--Be prepared with tools -tubes --full tanks ( we can get gas in Anza ) and a well maintained and solid bike. If you have problems don,t be afraid to let us know so we can adjust before it turns into total crap. :heh:

Tools and gas I got..tubes I do not... But I have a first aid Kit lol... like I said I am learning. Should I not go without tubes & a inflation Kit?

Tools and gas I got..tubes I do not... But I have a first aid Kit lol... like I said I am learning. Should I not go without tubes & a inflation Kit?

Yes and no--If you are with other riders that can cover for you then you are good to go. If you are riding by yourself or a buddy that does not have that stuff then you may be screwed. Got AAA ?

Hey I got a tube but no first aid kit --I am in the same boat. Lets ride .

You may want to go riding on a ride that is much closer to San Diego. Like Pine Valley- Romona ect. Warrner Springs- Anza ia a haul for a first ride with our group.

Don,t get discouraged their will be plenty of rides to go on.

Just finished putting the dirt wheels back on. See ya at the glider port @930ish, i'll be riding down from Temecula. Hopefully it'll be a bit warmer than the January ride on the same route :-)

Bob

Not going to make it today. I can't get away for the entire day. If someone wants to take a ride for a few hours around Oceanside, Vista area, let me know.

I won't make the meet up by 10.... I could just meet on ocean side