RS9904

North County ride anyone?

Hey there. I just joined this group and I'm looking to go on a ride sunday. Looking to see if anyone is up for one. I don't really know any trails and would love to find some that are nearby. I'm in north county (Oceanside). Feel free to call or text me at 760-500-9549. I'll be flying tonight from 4:30 - 6:30 so if you don't reach me then leave a message or call later.

Ryan

Not sure yet, but I'll keep you posted! I am in North County too (just on the North side of Palomar).

Not sure yet, but I'll keep you posted! I am in North County too (just on the North side of Palomar).

Sounds good. Like I said, I don't know too many areas around here. All te areas we rode in high school are closed down now. I was looking into Nate Harrison Grade. But I'm not sure. I've been riding for about 10 years now so I'm down to get into some technical.

Hey i live in Carlsbad... Just rode nate harrison 2 days ago... excellent ride i ride a drz400 if your up for it ill prolly go for another ride sometime next week let me know -mikepost-14785-093169400 1316672461_thumb.jp

I'm down for a nate grade someday soon. Post up a time and place to meet and we'll go from there. I'm going to be taking it real easy on my bike till I get it fixed, but NH should be easy enough. I'm always down for a pavement cruise around north county too ( I know its naughty talk ) but let me know.

I just found out that my bachelor party is Saturday night in San Diego. I'm still up for a ride Sunday but I t would be better for me if we went in the late morning. Feel free to post suggested times and places. We can just figure out a time that's best for everyone.

Guest Crusty

Hey I am also throwing a grad party for my son Saturday, and want to ride Sunday. I am a local and know some trails.

I ride from my house Garfield &Redwood, 1 street North of Tamarack and 1 street from the beach.

Guest Crusty

Sunday is dedicated to football... but im off Mon tues and wens this week and am up for a cruise up to NH also live off tamarack in CBad

That might work what time is best for you, on those days.

Sounds good. Like I said, I don't know too many areas around here. All te areas we rode in high school are closed down now. I was looking into Nate Harrison Grade. But I'm not sure. I've been riding for about 10 years now so I'm down to get into some technical.

I'm planning on riding to Mike's Sky Ranch this coming weekend (over-night) You need to be an experienced rider with a well maintained dirt bike with a minimum of 100 mile fuel range. I will be riding down on the old Baja 500 race course and there will be about 45-50 miles of pavement. Riding 175+ miles a day. (619) 316-6500 Joe Jackson

I'm planning on riding to Mike's Sky Ranch this coming weekend (over-night) You need to be an experienced rider with a well maintained dirt bike with a minimum of 100 mile fuel range. I will be riding down on the old Baja 500 race course and there will be about 45-50 miles of pavement. Riding 175+ miles a day. (619) 316-6500 Joe Jackson

Hey Joe, welcome to the site. It would be a good idea to post your Baja ride plans in a new thread.

So I'm thinking Saturday, mid morning. My dad is gig out to motoforza to puck up the 2011 te 449 that he bought today. Gonna go on an easy ride, probably Nate or out to de luz in fallbrook. Let me know if any of you want to come along. It's going to be slow paced so any new riders are more than welcome.

Does De Luz connect to Wildomar area and Main Divide Rd too?

I'm not sure. I know you can stay on the pavement and go out to temecula just north of old town, the 79 I believe.

Yes, kinda. It gets a bit confusing though, when you go down to deluz area. You basically want to bear left, but there's also a way to take that gets you past the ecological preserve, and it's almost all road. There's another way that's a truck trail, more of an interesting ride, but harder to find.

Oh yeah, other thing I wanted to add is you'll probably see "no trespassing" "road not open" etc signs on Tenaja, if you go that way. Everything I've seen about those signs is they're illegally placed by the local neighbours to keep traffic out of their area, the TT is still a legal throughway.

Czechsix, there is a track posted on the DualSportMoto site by Pyro that might be what we're talking about. He seems to connect from Vista to the 74. I can't tell how much is dirt vs. highway tho

^ this ride is right in my backyard and I know the area fairly well...

Nice! the OP posted for a Sunday ride? You interested? I could meet anywhere up there.

Czechsix, there is a track posted on the DualSportMoto site by Pyro that might be what we're talking about. He seems to connect from Vista to the 74. I can't tell how much is dirt vs. highway tho

Yep, same route I'm talking about, most of it is road, but there is some fun dirt road too. Nothing technical. No singletrack. I usually come back the same way, back down into Fallbrook, but I've also taken the Pala route. Pyro put up the entire route, but the gist of the run is you want to start at that wye in Deluz and head North. If you take a look at it, you'll see you can head East and then cut North past the ecoreserve, but that's all slab miles, and well traveled roads. Still a nice ride.

Here's a track I took.... http://g.co/maps/ky4q3

^ this ride is right in my backyard and I know the area fairly well...

Nice! the OP posted for a Sunday ride? You interested? I could meet anywhere up there.

Unfortunately I cant make it this weekend, looking for a new house :wacko:

Check out this map link: http://dig-dug.com/files/html/FallbrookCoronaGoogleMap.html

The red track at the bottom is from fallbrook, up tenaja truck trail (Tenaja is dirt)

From there, the orange track is a spur up Margarita Peak.

The yellow track is a short road to meet up with the Cleveland national forest road and South Main Divide up to Ortega Highway and Hells Kitchen.

the blue and purple tracks are alternate ways up there but less dirt and less scenic roads.

the tracks north of Ortega are all fun but you have to check the gate status with the National Forest.

Here is a link to those tracks in garmin gdb format. http://dig-dug.com/files/GPS/FallbrookCorona.gdb

Check out this map link: http://dig-dug.com/files/html/FallbrookCoronaGoogleMap.html

The red track at the bottom is from fallbrook, up tenaja truck trail (Tenaja is dirt)

From there, the orange track is a spur up Margarita Peak.

The yellow track is a short road to meet up with the Cleveland national forest road and South Main Divide up to Ortega Highway and Hells Kitchen.

the blue and purple tracks are alternate ways up there but less dirt and less scenic roads.

the tracks north of Ortega are all fun but you have to check the gate status with the National Forest.

Here is a link to those tracks in garmin gdb format. http://dig-dug.com/files/GPS/FallbrookCorona.gdb

Yep, take DD's red route, it's the most interesting. There's an ongoing thread on ADV about cleveland access, what gates are open, etc....might want to check that out. It's in the "regional" forum, california section.

Anyone still going on a Sunday morning ride out there? I might actually have some time!

Anyone still going on a Sunday morning ride out there? I might actually have some time!

Unfortunately I had my bachelor party last night and had WAY too much to drink. I woke up about 30 minutes ago and I'm definitely not in any condition to operate a motorcycle. I'll probably try setting something up next week while I'm on leave.