Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Rawhide Rodeo Enduro at The Ranch in Anza

hey robert, are you going to enter this event? I think it sounds like a good time and will see if any buddies want to go for it. do you know if it is all single track or if there is some faster stuff? i'm trying to figure out what bike would be best to ride. 200 or 350? also, what other equipment does someone need to get like roll charts etc for this type of event?

hey robert, are you going to enter this event? I think it sounds like a good time and will see if any buddies want to go for it. do you know if it is all single track or if there is some faster stuff? i'm trying to figure out what bike would be best to ride. 200 or 350? also, what other equipment does someone need to get like roll charts etc for this type of event?

I've entered and now trying to figure schedule with other trips but should be fun.

I rode another of their qualifiers at Gorman a few months ago, well I started it but got lost. There will certainly be some faster bits and as they did in Gorman I'd be sure they will use some of if not all of the MX tracks as part of 1 or more tests, either bike would be fine but I'd imagine 350 would be better overall.

No need for any roll charts or anything, just a watch is helpful but not essential as will be clocks at each check, go have a look at this link onto their websit where it describes format.

Qualifier Format

Thanks again to Dave! yep they should have the flip cards with corresponding minutes with your number/min. Just go fast as you can in the special tests and cruise for transfers, just dont cruise too slow or you will show up late for your minute into the next special, early is no issue you just sit/rest and wait for your minute to come up. Dai glad you put this one on your agenda!! see y'all there!! gotta just keep the training/diet schedule up!! Mr Husky is working well mr me is another story!!

wow there is more to this than the Nat enduro type set up or like the tecate enduro set up, I need to get a grip on this route check thing. PS i really dont worry about where I finish I just want to finish and not get DQd for anything!!(lofty goal!!)

Ok, I'm in. I signed up as VET C Light Weight... I did read on the d37 forum that it will be ~7mph average speed and 55 miles. based on that i signed up to use the 200cc bike.

robert, daijones will you guys be camping on Sat?

Ok, I'm in. I signed up as VET C Light Weight... I did read on the d37 forum that it will be ~7mph average speed and 55 miles. based on that i signed up to use the 200cc bike.

VET C!!!!!!!!!!! oh cmon you're a B man, the 200 Kato should be a choice weapon!! Planning to get up there on sat afternoon sleep over and be ready to ride Sun morn. I am planning to use the Daijones race craft this time, steady and smooth not the jack rabbit approach. 55 miles of mostly tight S/T will wear the best guys down (and I sure aint one of the best!!)

This does sound pretty cool. I don't know if I can get a kitchen pass for this and the D38 race the week after. If only there was someone who worked at the same place as my wife that could Let her know how every person that calls themselves a racer needs to be at this one or something like that. ( Do you think he will get the hint, or am I being too subtle?)

ah collusion. I'll mention it, this should be a slower in speed but challenge in the curvy nature of the beast. May even be decent for spectators.

VET C!!!!!!!!!!! oh cmon you're a B man, the 200 Kato should be a choice weapon!! Planning to get up there on sat afternoon sleep over and be ready to ride Sun morn. I am planning to use the Daijones race craft this time, steady and smooth not the jack rabbit approach. 55 miles of mostly tight S/T will wear the best guys down (and I sure aint one of the best!!)

I'm going to go up on saturday and camp also, they do have family enduro (timekeeping) on saturday which could be fun just to trail ride some of the terrain, and / or may be able to ride one or more of the MX tracks a bit.

vet C, I'm slow man!! How could anyone pace the 450/500s on a 200??? Really it's like half the manliness, it's almost shameful I'm using my wife's bike to race on... :blush:

now i need to figure out if there is room for RV parking.

The Ranch's website

I didn't see where the camping area was last week, but they list overnight camping for just $10. Everything seemed pretty wide open too, should be a problem getting in or out either.

the camping is parking lot camping, the upper lot next to the pro track is pretty big with plenty of space. JL a certain co-worker is finding out about this event today! Dave, I am forming the Sat plan as well, that will be much easier logistically to handle.

I am planning on being there. I should bust out my bike and actually ride it a bit. I wonder if the battery is even strong enough to turn the engine over.

expect lots of curvy trails with arm scraper manzanita. (love it!!)

expect lots of curvy trails with arm scraper manzanita. (love it!!)

Looks great fun but will be a long day with 55 miles of that.

I think Brad has made wise choice of riding the 200, I was up at All American today and they have nice deal on 2011 150XC, wonder if they would let me have if for a test ride???

Looks great fun but will be a long day with 55 miles of that.

I think Brad has made wise choice of riding the 200, I was up at All American today and they have nice deal on 2011 150XC, wonder if they would let me have if for a test ride???

We will all have to do a who's who who's going and try to all pit/park with each other. Brad the 200 is a good choice, Dave what you riding??? 350EXC-F?????? Me my almost 4 year standard TXC450....really starting to get serious thoughts about the TE310.

We will all have to do a who's who who's going and try to all pit/park with each other. Brad the 200 is a good choice, Dave what you riding??? 350EXC-F?????? Me my almost 4 year standard TXC450....really starting to get serious thoughts about the TE310.

Yes good idea to pit/park together.

Get the 310 Roberto, sure it will be so much better than both other huskys combined.

Was planning to ride 2012 250XC, now hopefully getting 2012 300XC in next day or so and if can get that sorted out will be first race, if not then my 10 300XC will be ready, neither ideal for such tight going but a baby compared to my 530.

anyone going for some single track practice this weekend?

Brad, sunday morn, our usual spot, temp down and possible moisture in soil!! also possible weekday ride next week with top level pro for training. drop me a line.

Where might the usual spot be? It wouldn't hurt for me to see if I can still ride.

Brad, sunday morn, our usual spot, temp down and possible moisture in soil!! also possible weekday ride next week with top level pro for training. drop me a line.

Can't do sunday morning as late night planned saturday, but let me know about weekday ride as open all days and need to put some hours on the new bike and get it set up.

[brad, sunday morn, our usual spot, temp down and possible moisture in soil!! also possible weekday ride next week with top level pro for training. drop me a line.

Can't do sunday morning as late night planned saturday, but let me know about weekday ride as open all days and need to put some hours on the new bike and get it set up.

Dave, will keep you updated on next week ride.