piratemonkey

TAT contact

A possible scenario: We are taking a snack break and Wayne notices my wheel is gone.

W: What happened to your front wheel?

Z: OMG! I didn't even notice it was gone.

W: How could you have been riding all this time without noticing?

Z: I was messing with my MP3 player trying to change the playlist so I was occupied. GET OFF MY CASE ALREADY!

Upshot: We need to find a new front wheel. It would be awesome if we could contact someone who would, in turn, get on the Internet and try to track down a new front wheel for us. You search for shops in our vicinity. You post up on the various dirt riding forums to see who might be in our area who could help us. You're our web-connected dirt liaison.

We don't want to impose on anyone and feel sheepish as it is trolling for warm bodies. We have non-riding friends who would happily be our contact, but we feel that only another dualsporter could really understand what needs to be done and how it should get done.

If you wouldn't mind taking on this role that will hopefully involve not a shred of work, please PM me.

Thanks.

Horizons Unlimited is a good alternative if you want to sign up with them.

I had moderate success being a warm body for Bowers, uh, hmmmm, well anyway.....phone number PM'd.

Maybe posting a list here of the bikes, any special stuff (carb swaps, etc) so everyone has a baseline to work with?

SDAR worked pretty well for bowers when he almost DNF'd in Arizona... through a couple different websites, trophy was able to get him bailed out

you MAY want to post on advrider.com, as that site is HUGE, and they LOVE their ride reports. Always seem to help out a brother (or sister) in need too

When my bike was stranded in the desert, a guy I never met came down from the coast, to help get the others out

I had moderate success being a warm body for Bowers, uh, hmmmm, well anyway.....phone number PM'd.

Maybe posting a list here of the bikes, any special stuff (carb swaps, etc) so everyone has a baseline to work with?

Thanks for being a warm body. I will create a page with all the bike details and provide a link to it.

you MAY want to post on advrider.com, as that site is HUGE, and they LOVE their ride reports. Always seem to help out a brother (or sister) in need too

I'll be posting ride reports on advrider.com. We just wanted to make sure we had a couple of key contacts that we knew. Ken, for example, has inserted his foot into Wayne's Sidi boot so there's a certain level of intimacy that binds them together. :wub:

ken, if you need help, let me know...Id take it on, but don't have tons of time...but always happy help out, make calls, search online, etc....When is launch date?

Keep my number handy (in members-only. It goes with my tour jacket) and feel free to call if you're in a jam. I may not be able to drive there, but I can certainly act as your advocate and make a lot of pointed and terse phone calls on your behalf.

Zina, you can keep my number handy also. Since I've done the TAT from Pueblo to the Oregon Coast, I know a lot about the towns, what you're going to see and run across, etc.

If you have any questions about the trip and your planning, please call me or PM me. Call is always easiest.

I'll be around in that time frame and you have my number......in more ways than one :heh: