Sign in to follow this  
Covered in Dust

Feeding the habit

Well I hadn't bought a bike for a couple of months so when this guy called me about a bike I looked at a couple of weeks ago and said he was now ready to deal I couldn't pass it up. I had a DT 125 when I was in hi school so I felt a little pull for it. I can't believe how small it is. Now that it's home I really don't know what to do with it. I might sell it, restore it, park it, or try and trade it for something else.

Covered in Bikes

post-13540-022409100 1308012171_thumb.jp

post-13540-084293000 1308012181_thumb.jp

i gots a 175 in the garage. cool little dirt scooter.

Yum. That's fun.

Suspension - 14" minus 3" = 11" shorter seat. ohmy.gif

Communicated on the same bike. He was "firm" on price then and I wanted a break since there are some paperwork challenges.

Glad it went to a dedicated bike guy.

I was a little worried about the paper work. But at the price I paid I'm pretty sure I could part the bike out and be well ahead. That's not really what I'd want to do just a last ditch plan. I can probably register it in AZ. without to much grief also.

Chris

Communicated on the same bike. He was "firm" on price then and I wanted a break since there are some paperwork challenges.

Glad it went to a dedicated bike guy.

I had one of those. My first motorcycle in fact. It was my sole source of transportation my first year in college. Brings back memories.

Had a DT250 and was thinking of getting another. Even the 250 was small next to the new bikes. :ph34r:

I had the 175 and traded it in on a left over 400 at Boe`s Cycly Mart.

Those were the hot bike, for a while, back in the day. Looks like yours has the electric starter armeture behind the left case. I used to machine down the armetures to lighten it up and it would rev like a CR125. Throw a 21" on the front and it will handle better in the dirt.....Duh. Traded one for a Winchester Model 94 rifle once.

Looks clean.

Have fun.