smalltank

Looking for a live band

I'm looking for an affordable live band with a sax for 6-18 any suggestions?

what kind of music? What age are the party people? How good do you want them to be? Do you want to pay them? What kind of venue? (stage? backyard? carnegie Hall?)

what are the chances of cops shutting it down?

no way in hell- I live 10 miles away from my closest neightbor

no way in Hell; I am the sheriff

you'lll have to stop by 10

you'll have to stop by 9

once they see a musician unloading in front of my house, somebody will call the cops

we just did a private party in Ramona, and although it was a huge lot, the neighbors were fairly close... but they were ALL at the party

did one last month, and it was in a residential neighborhood... sez me "cops will be here before the first set is over..." nope... they came right AFTER the first set... and said to wrap it up by ten.... but we misunderstood and played "Wrap it Up" at 10, along with the rest of the 3rd set... oops

I'm going to hav the party in my backyard BBQ, music , and friends my neighbors would not like a concert though lol just a small jazz band?

Do a search for thirdcoastjazz...see what he charges; leader is a buddy of mine...

I would normally get a group together for you (planning a dixieland band right now) but this month is hell at work

Do a search for thirdcoastjazz...see what he charges; leader is a buddy of mine...

I would normally get a group together for you (planning a dixieland band right now) but this month is hell at work

Ok thanks any other suggestions out there it doesn't hav to be jazz I do want to hear so instruments thanks

My daughter plays bagpipes, is that close enough to jazz? :rolleyes:

Like a rasp is to a sheet of glass rolleyes.gif

smalltank- I sent you a PM

Tom- ok... after the bridge, we are going to open it up for solos; start with the tenor for two choruses, then open it up for a bagpipe solo... jean luc ponty eat your heart out... after that "jazz flute"

http://movieclips.com/qjJc-anchorman-the-legend-of-ron-burgundy-movie-jazz-flute/

Don't insult the pipes

Heard these guys at a neighbor a while back. Have no idea if they are still together but they were pretty good.

Endangered Speciez

Jazz for all occasions

Marvin Free

(760) 753-8336

mfree@cox.net

Covered in Music

Covered in Music

Unrelated tangent.......

If you like Jazz/Blues consider coming to Ramona Mainstage TONIGHT - Larry Calrton Trio will be playing: http://www.ramonamainstage.com/

Snaildarter (Fred) and I will be there......

Next Friday will also be a good show - Les Dudek

Covered in Music

Unrelated tangent.......

If you like Jazz/Blues consider coming to Ramona Mainstage TONIGHT - Larry Calrton Trio will be playing: http://www.ramonamainstage.com/

Don- that reminds me... next time The Tighten Ups play a larger venue with fewer people, I want to ask you to wrangle up some dancers

whenever we have a gig and some good swing dancers are dancing, they attract a lot of attention; a lot of people want to do it, but don't know how... maybe you can even get some students?

You and I could even get a look at the set list and put the dance tunes all in one set

crawdaddy- larry carlton is badass for generations!

Ozzy- really? No post for two weeks, and then you have to come in a set bagpipes in FRONT of jazz.. that hurts man!

Just listened to Sapphire Blue, great stuff. If Annette was feeling better I'd be driving up tonight, but she needs to rest for a few days.

Covered in Blues

Covered in Music

Unrelated tangent.......

Don- that reminds me... next time The Tighten Ups play a larger venue with fewer people, I want to ask you to wrangle up some dancers

whenever we have a gig and some good swing dancers are dancing, they attract a lot of attention; a lot of people want to do it, but don't know how... maybe you can even get some students?

You and I could even get a look at the set list and put the dance tunes all in one set

Doable Bob. We usually get asked to do an exhibition and conduct a brief class to get people on the floor. Let me know when you will be doing a venue that can accomodate a dance crowd. We don't do bithday parties or teenie bopper slumber parties. I actually got asked to do one once by a presumptuous mother who called me at the College. :ph34r:

Doable Bob. We usually get asked to do an exhibition and conduct a brief class to get people on the floor. Let me know when you will be doing a venue that can accomodate a dance crowd. We don't do bithday parties or teenie bopper slumber parties. I actually got asked to do one once by a presumptuous mother who called me at the College. :ph34r:

no worries there... I have a restraining order... can't go near teenagers

high school quads are a good place to get a teenager

court is a good place to get a restraining order, after you got kicked out of the high school