Well, Due to my broken hand, I can't post any "ride" pics other than sending the riders off from the campground..so hope they can post some of their pics if they took any......Saturday: 8 riders in all: johnnybags, girlfriend tracy, my son evan, don johnson, kkug, mistress and bald beemer and scott from big bear...

I did totally enjoy the other weekend festivities...... Saturday was the most perfect spring day....75, sunny, warm breeze....I spent the afternoon hiking a few miles along the northshore of the lake, basked in the sun in a big open field I had all to myself... :coolio: .and later in the evening, johnnybags generously treated us birthday girls (mistress and me) and friends to a bbq dinner and we all hung out by the campfire....Good times...and THANKS AGAIN John!.... :drinks:

Today, John treated Evan, I and tracy and family to mothers day breakfast out at the Teddy Bear Cafe..Again, much appreciate the warm mountain hospitality!!! .. :friends:

Today was more cloudy, windy and quite cold up there, so Don and ken were the only riders today... I heard this afternoon it was about 44 degrees....

P9030120.jpg

P9030121.jpg

P9030123.jpg

P9030128.jpg

P9030135.jpg

P9030136.jpg

P9030133.jpg

P9030137.jpg

don enjoyed a steak!...as finger food!!

P9030139.jpg

Yep -Me and Don rode today. Started off ok but as the day turned into mid afternoon it started to get cool and windy. After we crossed Deep creek we decieded to slab it back. (Getting late) We rode in fog ( Dangerous ) and cold. Back at the truck it was 44 then 40 then on the way home we saw 37 . Burr

More to come.

Today was more cloudy, windy and quite cold up there, so Don and ken were the only riders today... I heard this afternoon it was about 44 degrees....

As always, excellent ride with the most excellent people.

And of course Big Bear didn't disappoint, we ended up with our traditional 'Mother's Day' snow. I awoke to a light dusting this morning. It will struggle to break out of the 30's today.

4 Mother's Days here for me here in BB and it HAS snowed on or after each one.

Thanks Captcham for organizing and the campground hospitality.

After we crossed Deep creek ...........

How were thew last two rock 'drop off's' just before the creek...? They were pretty ugly after last year's snow melt.

Nasty I of course fell down.Never saw them that bad.good thing we were going down.

27 degrees and snowing. WTF Big Bear

Sleeping in my pop up tonight. (in my side yard)

Getting prep'd for my upcoming 6 months of 'camping'........I must be crazy.....!!

27 degrees? smiley-sad018.gif Thank God we left on Sunday. Anytime you and/or Tracy want to come to San Diego to thaw out we've got a guestroom you are welcome to use.

Sooner than you think.

How was the ride home??

.................................... Anytime you and/or Tracy want to come to San Diego to thaw out we've got a guestroom you are welcome to use.

john, you know you guys are always welcome at my house also...would love to take you out riding in our area, though after your back yard, riding up there...some of my favorite riding, you won't be awed....but still fun....

I had a great time even with ~ 30 miles pavement at or below 45 DEG in fog with less than 60 feet visibility down to 5 feet a few times. Looking on the bright side it didn't snow on us. The riding was great, many new to me trails. The way I like it. Didn't take many pictures so here they are.

post-13333-066077900 1305084659_thumb.jp

post-13333-001696900 1305084727_thumb.jp

post-13333-056736800 1305084763_thumb.jp

post-13333-086416900 1305084816_thumb.jp

OOPs

post-13333-036988900 1305084834_thumb.jp

NOT MUD

post-13333-066304500 1305084849_thumb.jp

Sooner than you think.

How was the ride home??

We wound up taking the freeway for a good portion of our trip home; it was a bit cold and uneventful. I already miss Big Bear and can't wait for Coon Creek in the fall.

It looks like you all had a nice trip, I love the mountains, still haven't been riding in Big Bear yet. I'll keep a look out for the next trip. Maybe Beezzz and I can go. I would like to see warmer weather than you had though.

Saturday was a gorgeous day...totally sunny, upper 70's....very nice breeze...funny how the mountains can change so quickly.

Saturday was a gorgeous day...totally sunny, upper 70's....very nice breeze...funny how the mountains can change so quickly.

Snow forecast thru Thursday.....WTF....???

Nasty I of course fell down.Never saw them that bad.good thing we were going down.

When you say "Deep Creek" do you mean "Devil's Hole"? The crossing at the bottom of the sweet single-track?

This one?

img2931t.jpg

I'm thinking about a Pinnacles run this coming weekend and wondering if the water levels at Devil's Hole are low enough yet to cross.

Maybe I'll plan a ride over on the Big Bear side rather than the Arrowhead side instead.

I'm not positive, but I think they crossed deep creek at the bridge.....came down from crab flats, so the rocks they mean were the ledges before the bridge?....but ken can post if otherwise...

Thats a knarly water crossing there doug!!!

Deb is correct.We crossed the bridge. We did not get to see Devils Hole. We are slackers !