....But a lot of fun! Bagstr Thanks for leading a really fun ride. I am getting used to the KTM and really starting to enjoy it. Met some new people and saw some new places. Thanks Again!post-13344-036760900 1301191180_thumb.jp

post-13344-051497400 1301191155_thumb.jp

Yes, beautiful weather but windy as heck!

Great that everyone made the trip.

Fun riding with such a skilled group.

Wind was reasonable until about 1:00PM, Hopefully the guys camping over to the river are not exposed to 40mph winds.

1229686598_vVCwV-L.jpg

Paul,

Working with a great actor ( Doug ) makes it easy.

1230197976_bMZn5-L.jpg

Buttes Drop

1230198100_BtfFb-L.jpg

Air Ranch Ridge

1230198191_sWHkT-L.jpg

1230198392_efidE-L.jpg

Dunes Dudes

1230198463_b96A9-L.jpg

Inspiration Point - Love

1230198847_YnDiq-L.jpg

Five Palms

1230199238_BAvBp-L.jpg

1230199423_uDGUx-L.jpg

1230199444_VBjMF-L.jpg

Threw my tent in the Coyote in addition to my standard tube, tools, first aid, water for a first trial run.

Result = absolutely zero flopping or movement. Added capacity over the Wolfman Enduro bag set will help on camping trips. No impact on riding position.

My turn,

Boy was I having fun until I wasn't, riding in the sand and doing what Bikeslut advised "steer with the throttle", all of a sudden BAM! I was on hands and knees sucking air and hoping I wasn't broken. The next 50 miles I am glad I did not have a radio, I was whining at every bump and to put my left leg out was not good. I am so sorry Dig Dug, I was just ruined and could not keep a decent pace.

Thanks, to everyone for helping and I am going to blame my crash on riding with that huge tank full of gas, it couldn't be my lack of skill! I am going to back the stock tank or maybe something just a little bigger.

Thanks for a great route and Bagster and it was a blast.

My turn,

Boy was I having fun until I wasn't, riding in the sand and doing what Bikeslut advised "steer with the throttle", all of a sudden BAM! I was on hands and knees sucking air and hoping I wasn't broken. The next 50 miles I am glad I did not have a radio, I was whining at every bump and to put my left leg out was not good. I am so sorry Dig Dug, I was just ruined and could not keep a decent pace.

Thanks, to everyone for helping and I am going to blame my crash on riding with that huge tank full of gas, it couldn't be my lack of skill! I am going to back the stock tank or maybe something just a little bigger.

Thanks for a great route and Bagster and it was a blast.

I believe my quote was "steer with your rear"... but at any rate... sorry to hear about your interaction with terra firma; it never feels good but sand IS better than asphalt

You DO have to keep the speeds up to make this work, and I will admit I am not a good (sand) rider

Hey this ride was not a pre-school event! UC did just fine. His pace suffered after his 180, unscheduled. We did a bunch off pretty deep sand,,,with a chaser of tight turns. ( Try Inspiration Canyon and Wash sometime ) No big steps or drops was all missing. I am certain his skills have improved after our little loop.