KLXBEN

Corral Canyon meetup 3-13

Met up with Bikeslut, 650hucker, DRZrider, XL650noob, 1Kstep, Uncle Champ and Hoss314's Buddy (sorry cant remember your name and I hope I am not forgetting someone) for an early morning ride. Had a blast even with Bear Valley rd. in the worst condition I have ever seen it. Kernan has not seemed to change but did have a LOT of water in the crossing and a fair amount of mud in the SDAR portion. Pretty challenging for me trying to get used to the 530exc. My son Brad did a killer job on the KDX with only one small get off at first in a rut Then his fuel situation was not looking to good at 4 corners so we headed back. He hit that water crossing hauling ass and lost it leaving the bike on its side across the trail and the wind knocked out of him. Bent the license plate like a u. Got right up and on the bike to keep on going. I didnt get to see it but I bet it was great! I snapped an after photo. Nice ride on a nice day. Good to meet some new guys and see old friends.

Ben post-13344-077193900 1300048025_thumb.jp

post-13344-069816800 1300048090_thumb.jp

"why is it so...blue?"

DSCN4252.jpg

Wil:"c'mon you guys"

DSCN4251.jpg

I took this picture from the top of Los Pinos

DSCN4226-1.jpg

that's Jimmy

DSCN4253.jpg

Jimmy, 1kstp and Wil getting ready to start the singletrack

DSCN4255.jpg

the aforementioned muddy section

DSCN4259.jpg

DSCN4261.jpg

DSCN4262.jpg

what looks like a merely misframed photo is also mistimed... this was the start ofa pretty good wheelie

DSCN4266.jpg

champ it up

DSCN4267.jpg

Jimmy took the line on the left

DSCN4268.jpg

sheesh

DSCN4269.jpg

slutmobile

DSCN4264.jpg

DSCN4265.jpg

Thanks for a fun ride again!

I thought i was doing pretty good with the jumps until i found out there is a term for it:

nice action shots! sounds like a great ride. i got out late (2pm) and explored nate harrison rd and the infamous palomar mountain. next time, i hope to join yas.

that mountain top picture atop of los pinos is amazing!

that mountain top picture atop of los pinos is amazing!

Yeah...Bikeslut thought so too. :rolleyes:

Shift- I have a confession to make- that photo was taken at Otay Mountain last week...I was yabkin' Don's chain

Thanks for taking the pics, leading, sweeping and general super slut activities. Oh yeah the front fender it was a perfect fit too.

Shift- I have a confession to make- that photo was taken at Otay Mountain last week...I was yabkin' Don's chain

ha ha ha... i thought it looked out of place from the rest. but still a killer view! :smile_anim:

Hey Slut and ya'll, that was fun, I liked the big rock climb and am sorry I am a bit slow. But I like sweep anyway. I think we need to find a place with no

dust and no mud,oh yeah thats the couch. Can,t do that. See you next time.

Unc.

Everybody was claiming to be slow :lol:

For a group of 8, I didn't the disparity in speeds was that great...Jimmy and Chris were fsstest, and the rest of us were the slowest

That's the way every group ride is, ya know? If anybody joins a "noob friendly" ride and gets tweaked with "the slow guys", theylre on the wrong ride

I was very happy with the diverse group we had... Jimmy and Chris kicked my ass back to the truck, and I took the freeway home, completely satisfied with a half day ride

Thanks for joining us champ

Everybody was claiming to be slow :lol:

... Jimmy and Chris kicked my ass back to the truck

Jimmy is a lot of fun to ride with....keeps that bike REAL clean and doesn't mind getting it dirty :lol:

Always fun to have him chase you around....bike sparkles on the GoPro when it is pointed behind me (good video of him chasin me down Culp)