miles

Good independent shop that works on Huskies?

If anybody has any recommendation for a small independent shop that does good work on Husqvarnas, I'd love to hear it. My 2006 450SMR could use a healthy dose of TLC .

I don't hate on GP- not at all.  Paul has done a lot of work on my bike in the past, but if I can I'd like to support a little guy. 

Any recommendations?

I had bad luck with GP, I'll never go back. 

Check in with tntmo, he knows Huskys, he has one.  He's worked on my Husky and XR650r with great results.

Also...as a reference:

Ron is gone but the shop is still operating. I don't have any first hand experience with the new owners, but I've heard they are very good.

Ron Bishop Motorcycles, 802 W Washington Ave # A, Escondido, CA 92025, (760) 747-1360

Have you found anyone to work on your bike? TNTMO just did some work for me and has helped others for years, he’d be a good one to talk to. DE2A088E-64DD-4203-8140-DD0CBAC4908D.thumb.jpeg.1a82fb063d5a3d40b694b5e4318df7a8.jpegD00DD650-24B7-46E3-8AAF-DB232647C732.thumb.jpeg.703799aa71ac4d40f8490dbaf0a930f0.jpegBEE1FC03-EA28-4E52-85B3-4813D25B98E9.thumb.jpeg.171ab83addfe9d6b90fe3c9a56d80276.jpeg

(my sponsor) National City Motorcycles 1504 Nat City Blvd. NCMoto.net.  Helped tune my 2004 TC450 race machine then my 2006 TE450 race machine and my 2008 TXC450 race bike which was ground up rebuilt @ 300 hours from Rob and Justin and is still going strong.

Or if you want to drive 2 hours ZipTy Racing (my sponsor too) in Oak Hills (Hesperia) Ty (pretty much himself) fully rebuilt both my 2011 TE310 and my 2013 TXC310R (X-Lite series) race bikes and loaded both with ZTR bullet proof products. Late 2000s, ZipTy Racing was the US Husqvarna Offroad Race Team.

As for GP Motos (also my Sponsor) they were the US Supermoto Team HQ, they (Paul) knows the twin cam Ing. Macchi designed Varese bikes (250/450/510 series machines)

That's my 3 cents. You have lots of choices. As for the Husky brand....good mechs can work on any brand Its a modern offroad based bike (in SM config) got 2 wheels disc brakes a hydro clutch, single cylinder 4 stroke twin cam 4 valve engine, high quality EU components and a Keihin FCR carb. The weakest point on these is the Hydro Clutch and hopefully your year still has the original design counterbalancer shaft installed

Thanks for the replies.

So, to be a bit more specific, I have a number of issues that need to be dealt with.  First and foremost, the gasket at the slave end of the hydraulic clutch line failed, so that needs to be addressed.  Second, more of a long-term issue, the bike weeps a lilt bit of oil.  Curing this will involve pulling the motor, which I have no desire to do.

Also, but unrelated to these problems, my race motor blew up and the middle bits (cylinder, piston, etc) are AFU.  I'd like to find somebody that could do a really quality build using as many of the functional parts I have to keep costs down.  And no, the race motor is counterbalance-free.

Also unrelated, but should be done- the suspension is in dire need of revalving.  I'd like to use the opportunity of the bike being torn down to send the bouncy bits off to SuperPlush.

TNTMO, if this is all within your wheelhouse, I'd love to talk to you about it.  If not, I can look into some of the other recommendations mentioned so far.

Again, thanks to all of you.