Mikey777

Monday Funday w/ The Oracle

With some breathing room at work, I was able to play hookie again today.  LB juggled some dad duties and was able to sneak out for a couple hours to go play.  Trophy Hunter and Dan Diego were possible ins, but the stars did not align for them.  We met up at Packard's Coffee Shop in Ramona, grabbed some joe, and headed out to play in LB's back yard from there.  

Darted out of Ramona and rode up to Black Mountain, which was completely socked in.  Cool weather made for nice riding, but a little wet up at higher elevations.  Came back down and hit Orosco Truck Trail then back into Ramona for some good mex for lunch.  Two minor drops for me...one when putting too much throttle down in a switchback, my back tire swung out, and sent me sliding and another minor stuff into a bank.  No breakdowns, nor injuries, all good.  Another Monday Funday in the books.

20170327_090149.jpg

LB checking the weather...

20170327_095929.jpg

20170327_095939.jpg

20170327_104629.jpg

20170327_134837.jpg

Thanks for coming up, Mikey. It made it possible for me to get out.

Showed Mikey around R-Town a bit. Out of the 50 miles I laid down, about 35 of those were dirt. It's always nice to be close to some riding.

Even though it's been 4 weeks since the last significant rain, most of the creeks were still running. So we did a couple small water crossings and I was poised and waiting (with the camera ready) in case Mikey decided to go swimming again...but no such luck for me.

Nice seeing those two big Katooms out and about. 

2 hours ago, Dan Diego said:

Nice seeing those two big Katooms out and about. 

we spanked them like some dirty sluts too...

Very nice!  I had the joy of, uhm, communicating with a lying service manager on a car repair.

I should've gone riding.