KTMrad

Trail Repairs from Desert Dash in Anza Borrego

ABSP wants to withold my damage deposit for the Desert Dash due to damage associated with riders not staying on the trails during the organized event.

I sent the Supervising Ranger an e-mail requesting to meet with her or the rangers to see where these areas are and what repairs need to be made.

I said SDAR will he happy to come out to make the repairs if we can and if they allow us to, and to help keep the State Park trails in good condition, where they were damaged by our event.

I'll keep you posted on what I hear back.

I'd also like to get out to the Pinyon Mountain area to block that bypass that bikes have made on one section, so bikes don't continue to use it.

Please remember to stay on designated roads and trails, and to Tread Lightly wherever you go !

Thanks.

If they allow us to do repair work count me in...assuming I am not working.

glad to help...let us know

Thanks for the info, Randy.

If this comes to pass and I'm not already committed that day/weekend, I'm in too.

Sean

We would be wise correct the problems even if they keep the deposit. It would be the "good neighbor" thing to do. I'm in.

I have bailed on the Beach to River Ride due to this issue. I want to resolve this issue, see the damage for myself, and make sure there actually is damage that needs repair. And I want to keep good relations with ABSP.

Even if they don't approve us fixing the trails, I'm going out on Sunday to survey Grapevine Canyon, Jasper Trail and Culp Valley. I will probably strap a metal rake to my 950 in case I can make some repairs while out there. I don't want to let this go too long, and also don't want them to hold my deposit if I can avoid it.

Still waiting to hear back from the Supervising Ranger of ABSP on Friday....either way, I'm going out there on Sunday.

I have to work this weekend, but I could help Monday.

Unfortunately my bike is still in pieces and I have to take my wife to the airport but if another day comes up to do repairs let me know.