JohnnyAirtime

3rd Annual Cancer-Ride For Life (October 20 - 24)

Hello SDAR members....

I'm ramping up for the 3rd Annual Event, and have changed our normal "ride plan" this year.

... it's now a 5 day event, that has you riding each and every day. No "free" day like previous years. However, each day the mileage is shorter than those previous year events. This will make it a more safe, and fun event for those without great lighting or who become fatigued over 200 miles. Our longest day, will only be 190 miles.

Each week/month, I'll update the website with more news and information.

WEBSITE; http://Cancer-RideForLife.com

Check it out, and let me know if you have any questions.

... I hear a prominent SDAR member is trying to make the ride. :ph34r:

AND...

If you have anyone who wants to be a sponsor or aid in major contributions, let me know.

We also will be taking donated prizes for Raffles held during the Event Dinner. Those raffles will also be available online very soon.

I look forward to another year of not only giving back to Cancer patients, but to be able to ride great terrain in our own backyards with great people.

Thanks!!!

Where does this ride take place?

Everthing is on the website...

But for those not able to find it; It's under "3rd Annual Event" on the top menu bar.

Here's a direct link to the page about the ride, with a map to give you an idea of path traveled.; http://cancer-rideforlife.com/3rd-Annual/RidePlan-3rd.html

"takes place" across the CA desert into Parker AZ.

We're now taking donations....

There's links all over our website with more than one option on types of donation payments, or you can click here; http://www.firstgivi...CRFL/3rd-annual and use a secure site with your credit card (however, credit card and other fees apply and are removed from your donation unless you opt to pay those fees - or use the other means of donating, like a personal check)

"Every little bit counts" ;)

This is slow to ramp up.... and is still MONTHS away.

... however, get your donations in via the "Miracle Makers" website linked on the web. Help us make our goal of $10,000!!

I have recieved emails with riders interested....

IN FACT, we had one guy sell his 450R and buy a 450X "just for this ride" (he did it last year on his R, and his head light was keeping him from having a good time... he vowed to come back on an X. And that he did... or will be doing!!)

Another rider who had a good time on his WR (during the second annual), is also upgrading his lighting to an
so he too can enjoy the night portions of the ride... rather than struggle through them. His lighting was poor, and made for a rough time in the sand dunes we cross or venture over and through.

Even though this ride is months away, there's time now to donate... and ask questions. Or better, pass this info along to corporations, businesses, friends and family who can afford to donate RAFFLE Prizes!!

... visit the forum, or send me an email (via the website contact-US page) and get on the ball!!

... or, read up on some of the submitted rider reviews from rides past; 1st Annual Event, 2nd Annual Event

I'm looking forward to it B)

SDAR is going to help Johnny promote and organize this event with AMA Sanction, insurance, etc. I will be helping Johnny any and every way I can.

I really hope to make the ride also !

SDAR is going to help Johnny promote and organize this event with AMA Sanction, insurance, etc. I will be helping Johnny any and every way I can.

I really hope to make the ride also !

Yes sir... RANDY is the MAN!! So nice to know SDAR is helping us along... and I hope Randy's schedule is clear for these dates. I'd be nice to have him along, especially after he's the SDAR prez!! Let alone, I want to see that big bike make these long sand washes, and rocky sections torch.gif

----------------- Quick Update -----------------

... riders are signing up. I've confirmed a few IN.

If you've got a plated dual-sport, your more than welcome to join the fun. It's an intermediate ride... nothing too advanced, and even a novice could do the terrain. However, the "pace" is brisk and the miles long (so please check yourself, before you wreck yourself). coolio.gif

If you can't make the ride, pass along the info and maybe someone you know can, or would be interested in donating a raffle prize or a donation to the cause.

THANKS... looking forward to October!! thumbsup.gif

The WEBSITE has been updated.... coolio.gif

I've been adding photos from past rides.

Hundreds upon hundreds. And one quick 24min video of day 1 of 2009.

Also, I'm updating the site as we get corporate sponsor support.

In the next months, I'll be out soliciting local shops for raffle prizes.

2011 brings a new establishment to sponsor, this year it's RADY CHILDRENS HOSPITAL of SAN DIEGO. Visit their website to see just what they do for Children in need.

We aim to break our 2010 goal of $10,000 raised. YOU can help!!!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

wave.gif (a friendly reminder!)

If you missed out on the first annual, and the second annual....

TIME TO GET IN ON THE 3rd ANNUAL Cancer-Ride For Life event!!!!

.... it's only 7 weeks away, and we're slow to ramp up the donations.

I know the economy sucks, I know most of us are out of work... or having troubles. But just imagine the kids who need help because their parents are striving to get them treatment!! ...REACH DEEP FOLKS, and find the time and a few bucks to donate to Rady Childrens (links in previous posts). I did, as well as others I know who are out of work or so broke they are barely surviving. All it took for me was one trip to the hospital. A real eye-opener.

With that, you can also see our work from 2010 in the Childrens Center at the Kaiser on Zion (San Diego, CA). We were able to donate quite a bit to the project (over $10,000) and support their work. "Cancer-Ride For Life" Plaques were mounted over about 8 of the doors in the center showing our support. Makes me all warm and fuzzy thinking we did some good in the last couple of years.

ABOUT THE RIDE:

It's 7 weeks away, and we've got a great group of riders thus far. If YOU are interested, it'd be best to PM me and let me know. It'll be 5 days of riding, and cover up to 700 miles. Some days easier than others.

Check out "3rd Annual Event" at; http://Cancer-RideForLife.com

... you can view the daily plan, what the costs are, what's required of you...etc.etc. Any questions, let me know.

You can also see past pictures of the events in the "picture gallery". Obviously, nobody knows how to have fun... or how to have fun on bikes!! icon_wink.gif

IF YOU CAN'T RIDE THE EVENT... it's not too late to help support the event, the riders, or the donation allotment. We're still looking for support, and that can come in many flavors, from media relations to raffle prizes to telling friends, coworkers, family...etc. The more who know of our quest, the better the outcome for the children in need.

Thanks for reading! Hope you can make it, or help us out! bouncing.gif

Where does this ride take place?

Everthing is on the website...

But for those not able to find it; It's under "3rd Annual Event" on the top menu bar.

Here's a direct link to the page about the ride, with a map to give you an idea of path traveled.; http://cancer-ridefo...dePlan-3rd.html

"takes place" across the CA desert into Parker AZ.

Roger,

I removed the 'map' from the website a month or more ago.

If you have any questions to the terrain, amount of dirt or pavement covered, exact miles per day...etc.etc. just let me know.

Hope you'd be able to make it.

... come on boys and girls... a bunch of views, and no recent action?! coolio.gif

I know some of you, and some of you that can't ride this event... as well as most of you with a passion for riding AND knowing someone who's battled cancer or worse. But, KIDS with Cancer? It's not fair, and it's always nice to have others show their support by donating (if they can't do anything else to help).

We also need raffle prizes, chase support help, etc.etc. If you can't help with a donation, maybe you can with other capable means. You never know until you ask!

I'm open for suggestions, thoughts and comments on our event, how to raise money..etc. Of course, positive critique is always best, but I'll take any of it. Nobody has anything to add??? ph34r.gif

I hope to be able to make the Saturday & Sunday part of the ride.

And I'll be helping out trying to get raffle stuff from the local shops, and however else I can help...just let me know.

C'mon people, Johnny's got a good ride laid out.....would be nice to see some SDAR members participate in this event !

If you can't make it, donate some bucks.

Thanks !

I hope you can make part of the ride too Randy.

... as we talked, Saturday is a good time!!

For the rest of you...

here's an event flyer to post in your local shop, your garage, or pass around to riding buddies.

Download here; http://dc376.4shared...al__8x11_v2.pdf

Or this shared link; http://www.4shared.com/document/Xh-8l_PN/FLYER-3rd-Annual__8x11_v2.html

(don't worry, it's a safe site and only a PDF file. It's large due to it's resolution)

Thanks!!

NOTICE: DATE CHANGE!!!

Due to the upcoming Best-in-the-Desert Race "The Bluewater Challenge" held in Parker AZ for the weekend we had planned on being in town, we are changing our Cancer-Ride For Life (3rd Annual) date to the following weekend; October 20th - 24th (putting us in Parker the 21st evening, until the 23rd morning).

NEW RIDE DATE: October 20th - 24th

We're gaining a little momentum in the donation allotments....

UPDATED 10/19/11, As of today;

Total Raised: $7400 +.00

Yet to make our goal of $10,000... we have a ways to go!!

DONATE TODAY

http://miraclemakers...supId=324522412

(yes, we take credit cards via secure form, online!)

Want to pay with Check? Cash? Your first born?

Donate here ---> http://cancer-ridefo...ations-3rd.html

TTT Bump.

INDOORS2-423x313.jpg

desert_bar_thanksgiving_009-427x315.jpg

77736010_8QF4W-M.jpg

4 weeks to the day, we gear up and ride for a cause.

... and by this hour, we'll be riding across the barren desert!!

Donations are slow to come in, but... they are coming.

DONATE HERE: http://miraclemakersonline.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=451900&lis=1&kntae451900=6E15A647004F4E90BE2B126EC4824C4F&supId=324522412

If you'd like to read up more about this event or ride, start here;

http://cancer-rideforlife.com/3rd-Annual/AboutUS-3rd.html

Please pass this along to family, friends, and businesses. The more who know about our goal, the more we'll be able to meet that goal and give back to those Children in need.

~Thank you, Johnny Jensen

john, Do you need volunteers, help, etc? for the event....maybe post up your needs and we can help?

john, Do you need volunteers, help, etc? for the event....maybe post up your needs and we can help?

Thanks for asking.

We don't need volunteers for the event itself, I've got that handled.

WE DO NEED, volunteers to step up and recruit donations.... it's easy, just pass on this link;

http://miraclemakers...supId=324522412

All we ask, is for you to drop a $20 spot... or more if your so inclined. That would help us get closer to our goal.

That would be my "need", if I could or had to ask for "help" with the event.

... and/or, drop by your local bike shop and ask them to help donate, or raise raffle prize items (we love things like Tires, tubes, tools, etc. Stuff that isn't person or bike relevant). I have links to all the memorandum if you need supplemental literature beyond the website address or donation link. Just PM me for any info... I'll get an email and respond asap.

It's only 23 days away. ACT NOW!!!

FACT: over 600 views on this thread. If each of those views, donated $20.00 we'd already be at our goal. In fact, we'd be over by $2000.00!! Make it happen folks!!!

Donation Made....and I will pass along the link....Good Luck and God Bless You and all the kids this will help....It's a great cause!! Hope others will follow....

(if it were our kids....we would get more involved no doubt....BUT hope all our SDAR Community remembers....these donations are for SOMEONE'S kids....)

We're just about upon our event and departing for the ride.

Would love to see you all offer up a couple bucks ($20 is a good number) and click on this link; http://miraclemakers...supId=324522412

We're so close to our mark of donating $10,000!!! YOU Could make it happen!!!

In fact, go here and enter a raffle. You might just win something nice!!

If you ride a KTM, and are size 32 waist.... click here.

$$ Donation made from SDAR.

Johnny, also SDAR is donating a tire for the riders.

When are you leaving ? I need to get it to you.

Looks like Johnny's Cancer Ride for Life has raised $7,363.50 so far.....c'mon people, help them reach their goal, every dollar counts !

Went to see Johnny Airtime last night, and donated 3 brand new tires from SDAR for the ride.