getting excited for this one. haven't done a desert race since november. planning on pie plating the 125 class on the wifes bike. whos up for a training ride out at superstition on the 26th?

http://www.amad38.com/RaceFlyers/2011_National_Flyer.pdf

video from last years race when it rained like crazy

http://promoto.tv/10H&HRND03.html

I am targeting this one (local) and hopefully the 100s MC Nat at the end of season. Nat sen B

I am in for the race for sure. A practice ride sounds good but I will have to check with the boss before I commit. I will let you know.

planning on pie plating the 125 class on the wifes bike.

I am confused 200>125?

Josh the AMA regs for Nationals breakdown is sometimes different than the local district club regs

in this case for Nat H&H classes its 86-200cc ,201-250,251-open A-B or C and there are Pro as well

In regards to class skill structure your local club may also "keep" you within your equivalent class for your local points chase. For example You head to the Nat and really want to challenge the entire course, but you are a NOV in the local district, they will keep you in the Nat C class which will prevent you from doing the entire course. This is just a rules FYI. Personally (only one guys opinion) I think evreyone should just use the AMA National rules or the FIM base.

http://www.nationalhareandhound.com/results/2011/2011_round1.pdf

see above link on the H&H 1 results listing you can see the Nat classes and then the local (in this case D37) equivalent classes that the guys in the district race.

ya, they changed the classes this year and have a 86cc-200cc class. Doesn't matter cause vet class has no cc reqs if I go that route. really makes no difference.

robert, I'm trying to get Josh to take the challenge. He is a little apprehensive about going super fast on L1. I've told him I will run the race side by side with him if he will sign up. Our goal would be to finish both laps and place in the top 100. Taking it easy on L1 is probably a good strategy whether by choice or by fear. :ph34r:

getting excited for this one. haven't done a desert race since november. planning on pie plating the 125 class on the wifes bike. whos up for a training ride out at superstition on the 26th?

http://www.amad38.com/RaceFlyers/2011_National_Flyer.pdf

video from last years race when it rained like crazy

http://promoto.tv/10H&HRND03.html

Hmmmm....

Tempting....

:coolio:

I miss District 38 sometimes! I did have fun racing it. But, I will be racing the GP at Glen Helen that weekend!

I might go back sometime before summer for some sweep or something.

im going out for practice at superstition on saturday. if anyone wants to come along let me know. it looks like it could rain again out there. conditions on the mountain were perfect last weekend.

Brad no can do for practice, but will pedal all week and open up the lungs.

Bike is ready, fresh oil, brakes bled with 600 motul,almost new pads, new rear tire, will sign as Nat SEN B as I did for the 2009 season. Hope its still just moist out there, not like last years over watered event....(glad I missed that one)

Brad no can do for practice, but will pedal all week and open up the lungs.

Bike is ready, fresh oil, brakes bled with 600 motul,almost new pads, new rear tire, will sign as Nat SEN B as I did for the 2009 season. Hope its still just moist out there, not like last years over watered event....(glad I missed that one)

nice, I've been pedaling and have dropped ~10lbs. as well. my brakes just got a motul 600 workover recently. gas gets motul 800. Have new pads and tires. Motor needs new nikasil and piston, hoping it will make it through this one as its too late to fix that. :dead:

I've been doing all the stupid uphill\downhills out there and all the waterfall sections I can find all winter with josh. just hoping I don't fade out too early.

Good luck! I'll park next to you on the start line if I can find you.

im going out for practice at superstition on saturday. if anyone wants to come along let me know. it looks like it could rain again out there. conditions on the mountain were perfect last weekend.

With snow to be reported at 1000-1500' ... I'm sure the dez will see some of this moisture.

A light rain, the night before would be SO KILLER for that race! Would make for an epic Pro battle with the front runners!!

You might get your rain wish

(but with wind, to knock down race markers=bad);

Tonight

nt_cloudy.gif

Considerable cloudiness with a slight chance of rain. Lows 47 to 57. West wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of measurable rain 20 percent.

Saturday

cloudy.gif

Cloudy. A chance of rain in the morning...then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Areas of blowing sand and blowing dust in the afternoon. Breezy and much cooler. Highs 57 to 62. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph in the morning increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of measurable rain 40 percent.

Saturday Night

nt_hazy.gif

Areas of blowing sand and blowing dust in the evening. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Windy and colder. Lows 37 to 47. West wind 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph in the evening. Chance of measurable rain 30 percent.

Sunday (epic race conditions?)

partlysunny.gif

Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly sunny. Highs 59 to 64. West wind 5 to 15 mph.

DJ,

the best nats imho for socal anyway are the D37 races, but this local one will work ya too, just gotta get though the L1,,,,if its moist woo hoo if not it's silt and dust city, L2 should be tough and rocky. hope you come out and do it its another check on the race adventure resume'

better to expect dust. we will get a little rain in the next 24hrs and thats it for the next few weeks. Just be happy its not a repeat of last years rain.

Downhill example from the practice day

25 miles open desert and 40 miles of the nastiest stuff we could find in superstition :)

IMG_0957.jpg

same hill we did in 09, at least there may be some familiarity. That hill was a great passing zone. dusty yet? or still al little moist?

The hill is one that has been included in the race in previous years.

a little less dust than usual but not by much. I would expect a dusty race.

question for robert and others who have experience in long non stop races.

what do you do for hydration?

I usually don't drink while racing. We normally have 25 mi. laps max so usually drinking time is 10mph zone through pit row and never while moving for me.

I really don't like slowing down to put the camel back tube in my mouth. Do you have any other suggestions? I know its better to be drinking during L1 than wait for 60 miles.

Also, what kind of fluid? straight water or other liquid?

question for robert and others who have experience in long non stop races.

what do you do for hydration?

I usually don't drink while racing. We normally have 25 mi. laps max so usually drinking time is 10mph zone through pit row and never while moving for me.

I really don't like slowing down to put the camel back tube in my mouth. Do you have any other suggestions? I know its better to be drinking during L1 than wait for 60 miles.

Also, what kind of fluid? straight water or other liquid?

If it's like the first two H&H Nationals of this year, you WILL have slow enough sections to put your tube in your mouth.

I saw a guy at Spangler (National H&H #2 this year), that somehow mounted his drink tube inside his helmet so he didn't have to hunt for it while riding - I thought that was pretty slick.

If you have a second camelbak, fill it and have it ready at the pits. If you're a drinker, you'll want all you can get for loop 2 (and 3 if you're doing it!)

doug, the format is a little different. There are 2 laps only. They are 60 miles and 40 miles. L1 is quite fast. It goes from sups out to painted gorge, through some mud hills and canyons and back. L2 is slower and through superstition. There won't be too many slow sections on L1. Maybe at the check points and in a few spots near painted gorge.

by the way, are you going to come race?