Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

Tombstone 1/24

Plan on heading out next week , not firm on date yet (business in escrow), thought I might post incase someone wanted to ride along we could figure out a good date for departure that would work for everyone. I Plan on riding to tombstone, but if you want to truck thats ok, (maybe split fuel if you want to haul) would like to ride area including bisbee and dragoons, try to go twice a year and know area pretty well. No hardcore riding,(my bikes gotta get me home!) more sightseeing, and having fun, plan on getting a room overlooking downtown this time, I normally tent camp but its pretty cold this time of year. alyeska

Great site, thanks. My last piece of equipment just left the house, so desert off road recovery is no more (at least with me running it) I was thinking of leaving friday morning now (1/28)and getting into tombstone before dark, but my schedule is wide open from this friday on. alyeska

Congratulations on the sale.

Wish I could get away with you to Tombstone! Too much going on at the moment.

I might be able to go next Friday the 28th. When were you planning to come back? Riding back on Sunday afternoon ot Monday morning would work for me.

Chris

Ktm adv

Ktm exc

That would work for me, friday early then back on sun or monday, let me know. alyeska

Hello,

I will PM my contact details to you shortly. Sunday or Monday return is fine with me for the return. I'm on a KTM 990 Adv. How about you?

It would be great if anyone else would like to join us.

I would split fuel expense if someone wants to truck bikes out there etc. I would also be happy to bring a smaller bike (if we truck out there) if that fits better for others.

Chris

Would like to ride my dr650 but if my carb does not work out it will be my dl 1000 vstrom which would pretty much suck off road. alyeska

Bike up and running good, will be dumping the knobbies and low gear sprockets this week for more 80mph friendly setup, since arizona is 75 and everyone runs 85-90 (hate the photo radar). Plan is to leave friday morning by 9am and be in tombstone before dark, get set up in room then hit the town, riding down to bisbee on sat. Plan on returning Monday morning and leaving no later than 10am for home. rooms close to town are: larian, bella union adobe lodge, and the tombstone motel(most expensive but has porch upstairs that looks down on allen st) I am not opposed to splitting a room with other riders (as long as you dont snore) alyeska

Correction, the tombstone motel is 1 block over from downtown and is 49-59 single occupancy,I have stayed here and it is very nice and has a good pizza joint up front. The silver nugget is on allen street and is a B&B. Will be making my reservations tomorrow for the silver nugget. alyeska

can't make it this time, but my brother lives in tuscon, and I've wanted to take a bike over and explore sometime, so maybe on the next trip....have fun and take pics...and post up

If anyone is on the fence about going and doesnt want to ride all the way, I have someone with a fullsize truck thinking of coming along and hauling his bike and maybe a couple more. alyeska