chuckput

Allow me to introduce myself.

Greetings from the Imperial Valley!

My name is Chuck and I am a 50 year school teacher here in the IV living in El Centro. I bought my 2005 Honda XR 650L about two years after not owning a bike since my teens (can anyone say mid-life crisis). I have modified the bike with a FMF exhaust, Acerbis desert tank, and Acerbis handgaurds with the integrated front turn signals, and a smaller XR400 style tailight from Maier. I have a Ram mount for my Garmin 60Cx and I enjoy using my bike and GPS for geocaching. By the way, I also use my Honda nearly everyday to commute 15 miles to Calexico where I teach - even during our beutiful Imperial Valley summers! I'd love to be involved in any rides that might come this way! :)

Welcome Chuck,

Glad to have another member with the best dualsport bike in existance.

Just a little fuel for some of the fire thats been going on here.

Great group of folks here, with a variety of rides going out every weekend and a few to catch during the week. Check the Informal Rides section for a listing of whos headed out from where and when.

Since you offered to get involved.....

I've been using Google Earth to try and map out a route from the beach in San Diego to the Colorado River. I think I've made it as far East as Jacumba on mostly dirt roads but could use some help from there.

To avoid a hijack of your thread I started my own here

Welcome to our Forums, Chuck. You're way out east there.....hope you can come west and ride with us some in the desert.

Hope to meet you soon,

Howdy Chuck!

Welcome to the forum. Lots of rides available her so check-in often on the "Informal Local Rides" sectiion. Hope to ride with you soon.

Welcome aboard Chuck.

We do venture down your way every now and then. As mentioned check "informal local rides" section to see where we are riding day to day.

See ya on the trail. :)